Created by luckystars1
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
can love transend distance?
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08 , edited 2/26/08
this is just a poll to my other topic, and wanted some concreate stats from you people so I could make a graph, can love stand the test of time, its for you to decide
5678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / nyc
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
you mean can a long distance relationship work? Sure.
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
I asked some people and got some mixed answers, I wanted to see what a larger demographic thinks, I understand love is a complex thing and im not saying they can or cant happen, I just want to see what other people thinks
11838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / at the end of the...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
yeah it can work just up to the 2~ its sooo smurfing hard, thats the part where trust is needed the most o.o-b
5678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / nyc
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
as long as both partners give it their best shot and are sincere about the relationship...love, regardless of distance, is a two way communication. If one person falters then it collapses.
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
sure it can work, but for how long, you can be saying that you can stay commited to someone for the rest of your or his/hers life if you maybe for some reason can never meet again in person. Or what if you for some reason lose you house and you have now money or a way to connect, then what?
5678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / nyc
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
Well I would imagine that the two people would talk about the situation openly and honestly and see how they feel about it. If it's not comfortable to either partner then they should call it quits soon rather than toughing it out and faltering.
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
then wouldnt in that case qualifies as failing to survived the test of distance, a vote for yes is saying that all relationships can survive distance, in return a vote for no is saying that absolutly none ever will now and forever.
9823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
aceeasi Londra
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
no it doesn't....if it's for a short period of time..3-6 months maybe but longer....no way...
sorry folks to disappointing u....but it soooo true...i've seen many e.g. and for me it's a fact
11838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / at the end of the...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08

luckystars1 wrote:

sure it can work, but for how long, you can be saying that you can stay commited to someone for the rest of your or his/hers life if you maybe for some reason can never meet again in person. Or what if you for some reason lose you house and you have now money or a way to connect, then what?


well I dunno how long it depends for the two, i was in a long distance before. x.x we lasted for a few but then he said he cant take it anymore :/ so we ended it there~ so i guess v.v; for him physical comfort is a great thing thats lacking. If ever you losing money happens o.o its best to talk to him/her about it ~

5678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / nyc
Offline
Posted 2/26/08
True but ultimately it depends on the individuals and how much they're willing to sacrifice. Also I think with todays technology, it's not as difficult to maintain a long distance relationship with the internet, webcams etc. Look at US servicemen who are overseas, they're wives and husbands have to put up with long absences and some don't make it and get a divorce while others soldier on. It all boils down to how much you're willing to sacrifice for a relationship.
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08

KuronekoSan wrote:


luckystars1 wrote:

sure it can work, but for how long, you can be saying that you can stay commited to someone for the rest of your or his/hers life if you maybe for some reason can never meet again in person. Or what if you for some reason lose you house and you have now money or a way to connect, then what?


well I dunno how long it depends for the two, i was in a long distance before. x.x we lasted for a few but then he said he cant take it anymore :/ so we ended it there~ so i guess v.v; for him physical comfort is a great thing thats lacking. If ever you losing money happens o.o its best to talk to him/her about it ~



so you too have seen that love is a complex thing and you never really know, and i meant what if your in the hospital with no computer or phone, or on life support, body cast, coma, can you really say stand by and wait for me. and remeber when I say relationship can last its means for a lifetime can you be devoted only to them (unless they get online polygamy) if you by some chance NEVER meet with them again in your life time
11838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / at the end of the...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08

luckystars1 wrote:


KuronekoSan wrote:


luckystars1 wrote:

sure it can work, but for how long, you can be saying that you can stay commited to someone for the rest of your or his/hers life if you maybe for some reason can never meet again in person. Or what if you for some reason lose you house and you have now money or a way to connect, then what?


well I dunno how long it depends for the two, i was in a long distance before. x.x we lasted for a few but then he said he cant take it anymore :/ so we ended it there~ so i guess v.v; for him physical comfort is a great thing thats lacking. If ever you losing money happens o.o its best to talk to him/her about it ~



so you too have seen that love is a complex thing and you never really know, and i meant what if your in the hospital with no computer or phone, or on life support, body cast, coma, can you really say stand by and wait for me


oooh well then its either the other person might misunderstand things or might get worried either way though, i think that its best to let go and move on, specially if that person wont be coming back~ :/ theres no point in waiting for someone who might not come back and even if he/she did come back ._. its just to tell you that theyve found someone else and they want to end it >.>
3011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / lost in a sea of...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08

KuronekoSan wrote:


luckystars1 wrote:


KuronekoSan wrote:


luckystars1 wrote:

sure it can work, but for how long, you can be saying that you can stay commited to someone for the rest of your or his/hers life if you maybe for some reason can never meet again in person. Or what if you for some reason lose you house and you have now money or a way to connect, then what?


well I dunno how long it depends for the two, i was in a long distance before. x.x we lasted for a few but then he said he cant take it anymore :/ so we ended it there~ so i guess v.v; for him physical comfort is a great thing thats lacking. If ever you losing money happens o.o its best to talk to him/her about it ~



so you too have seen that love is a complex thing and you never really know, and i meant what if your in the hospital with no computer or phone, or on life support, body cast, coma, can you really say stand by and wait for me


oooh well then its either the other person might misunderstand things or might get worried either way though, i think that its best to let go and move on, specially if that person wont be coming back~ :/ theres no point in waiting for someone who might not come back and even if he/she did come back ._. its just to tell you that theyve found someone else and they want to end it >.>


Im glad you now see both sides, likes if you though you loved one was dead, would you remarry, been some great book and movies about it
11838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / at the end of the...
Offline
Posted 2/26/08

luckystars1 wrote:


KuronekoSan wrote:


luckystars1 wrote:


KuronekoSan wrote:


luckystars1 wrote:

sure it can work, but for how long, you can be saying that you can stay commited to someone for the rest of your or his/hers life if you maybe for some reason can never meet again in person. Or what if you for some reason lose you house and you have now money or a way to connect, then what?


well I dunno how long it depends for the two, i was in a long distance before. x.x we lasted for a few but then he said he cant take it anymore :/ so we ended it there~ so i guess v.v; for him physical comfort is a great thing thats lacking. If ever you losing money happens o.o its best to talk to him/her about it ~



so you too have seen that love is a complex thing and you never really know, and i meant what if your in the hospital with no computer or phone, or on life support, body cast, coma, can you really say stand by and wait for me


oooh well then its either the other person might misunderstand things or might get worried either way though, i think that its best to let go and move on, specially if that person wont be coming back~ :/ theres no point in waiting for someone who might not come back and even if he/she did come back ._. its just to tell you that theyve found someone else and they want to end it >.>


Im glad you now see both sides, likes if you though you loved one was dead, would you remarry, been some great book and movies about it


I dun really read books like that ~ it just makes me depress @_@ and im cranky when im depressed~ ToT
but meh >.>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.