First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
The next world superpower
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

arano wrote:


NH49 wrote:

PHILIPPINES


that made me giggle a lil.

well,its obviously europe,forget about china and india,they will have a massiv breakdown,in the next couple of years.



well as the U.S. dollar keeps on decreasing! China and India are looking to be the next superpower,They there's a high possibility of China passing us in technology in the next 20 years, but that's if their communist government holds up...The U.S it slowly falling of it's edge, maybe because we spend a billion dollars a day in Iraq and the buying of gas. China and India also has a mass population of people reaching 1 billion! so we'll have to wait until what the future holds
Posted 12/19/07
i believe that the first country that will free itself from its reliance of oil will be the next super power (hoping for the USA to make a comeback........)
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / singapore
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
i tink JAPAn rulz..all of ort entertainment comes from japan..dun u agree..
336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / City of Hearts
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
China.

Two good reading materials are highly recommended for reading:
Samuel Huntington's "The Clash of Civilizations"
Sterling Seagrave's "Lord of the Rim"
27739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

stingluv wrote:

China.

Two good reading materials are highly recommended for reading:
Samuel Huntington's "The Clash of Civilizations"
Sterling Seagrave's "Lord of the Rim"


totally overrated,
you know what happened to russia,right?
its almost impossible to keep it stable,as its progressing
right now.
its a bubble,which gets blown bigger and bigger from the
west,till it will explode.
somehow it reminds me of the big it stock crash a couple
of years ago.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

arano wrote:


stingluv wrote:

China.

Two good reading materials are highly recommended for reading:
Samuel Huntington's "The Clash of Civilizations"
Sterling Seagrave's "Lord of the Rim"


totally overrated,
you know what happened to russia,right?
its almost impossible to keep it stable,as its progressing
right now.
its a bubble,which gets blown bigger and bigger from the
west,till it will explode.
somehow it reminds me of the big it stock crash a couple
of years ago.


True that it is difficult to keep it stable, in fact the government even tried to decrease the economic growth because it was expanding so rapidly. However, it is not over rated just because something is difficult to maintain, as long as it is within a manageable perimeter, it will continue to grow successfully, thus form a strong economy.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

arano wrote:

edit:^that made me giggle too,you guys are funny,arent those third world countries?

NH49 wrote:

PHILIPPINES


that made me giggle a lil.

well,its obviously europe,forget about china and india,they will have a massiv breakdown,in the next couple of years.



Why is it Europe and how is China or India going to break down?
Europe is a continent. I don't see how an entire continent is going to be a collective superpower, thus it's not as obvious as you think.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

Darkasakura wrote:

i tink JAPAn rulz..all of ort entertainment comes from japan..dun u agree..


I hate you already.
27739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
^please use the edit button,double posting is not allowed ;)

echo123456 wrote:


arano wrote:


stingluv wrote:

China.

Two good reading materials are highly recommended for reading:
Samuel Huntington's "The Clash of Civilizations"
Sterling Seagrave's "Lord of the Rim"


totally overrated,
you know what happened to russia,right?
its almost impossible to keep it stable,as its progressing
right now.
its a bubble,which gets blown bigger and bigger from the
west,till it will explode.
somehow it reminds me of the big it stock crash a couple
of years ago.


True that it is difficult to keep it stable, in fact the government even tried to decrease the economic growth because it was expanding so rapidly. However, it is not over rated just because something is difficult to maintain, as long as it is within a manageable perimeter, it will continue to grow successfully, thus form a strong economy.

the manageable perimeter are not given,since they opened to the west.
if you know about the chinese communism,you will know,that they are
already doing stuff against their own politics,they are twisting and
abusing their own ideas,how is that possible to control in the future
communism and materialism is impossible to connect,it already has begun to clash and it will only get worse.
china got two possibilities in the future:
1.going back
2.the russian way,......no communism.

and both will make an end to the whole world power thing.

1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
Going back? Are you insane? Under the Nationalists control:
1. Corruption was worse
2. China would still be a 3rd world country because the damn government refused to provide safety nets for the poor. Especially the peasants.
3. China would be another country with no individuality because the government would be puppets of the U.S
4. Get it through to your thick head, that the people don't care what the fuck policy it is, no matter Communism or Capitalism, as long as their lives can operate normally with a steady income. Unlike before, under Guo Ming Dang, it's within normality for the rich to exploit the poor, i'm not saying that doesn't exist, but it is doubtless that currently more people have caree8rs and housing.
5. You've got to be as ignorant and brainwashed to even consider China better under the previous government- Chiang Kai Shek. It would have been certain China will become a colony of Japan if not for the Communist take over.
6. I do know about Chinese communism, and indeed it is different because it all had it's origins from Maoism. Which almost makes it not communism. The current government is pragmatic enough to realise it cannot survive internationally without compromising it's trading and economic policies, because well, logically how can it survive among every other capitalist country?
7. What is "doing stuff against their own politics" Plz make some sense.
8. There will always be a world superpower because the driving force behind Capitalism, which is the majority of the countries in the world- is competition. And with competition, there will always be a leader and ultimately winner. That winner, IS the superpower.
9. Don't spill nonsense thanks.
27739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

echo123456 wrote:

Going back? Are you insane? Under the Nationalists control:
1. Corruption was worse
2. China would still be a 3rd world country because the damn government refused to provide safety nets for the poor. Especially the peasants.
3. China would be another country with no individuality because the government would be puppets of the U.S
4. Get it through to your thick head, that the people don't care what the fuck policy it is, no matter Communism or Capitalism, as long as their lives can operate normally with a steady income. Unlike before, under Guo Ming Dang, it's within normality for the rich to exploit the poor, i'm not saying that doesn't exist, but it is doubtless that currently more people have caree8rs and housing.
5. You've got to be as ignorant and brainwashed to even consider China better under the previous government- Chiang Kai Shek. It would have been certain China will become a colony of Japan if not for the Communist take over.
6. I do know about Chinese communism, and indeed it is different because it all had it's origins from Maoism. Which almost makes it not communism. The current government is pragmatic enough to realise it cannot survive internationally without compromising it's trading and economic policies, because well, logically how can it survive among every other capitalist country?
7. What is "doing stuff against their own politics" Plz make some sense.
8. There will always be a world superpower because the driving force behind Capitalism, which is the majority of the countries in the world- is competition. And with competition, there will always be a leader and ultimately winner. That winner, IS the superpower.
9. Don't spill nonsense thanks.


wow,..getting angry arent we ;)

well,you misunderstood,i never said they should go back.
i only said they will move to either one of the two options i gave,i never
said one is better then the other.
on thing is for sure,they wont progress and keep up the ideology.
and sure,its great that more and more
get some good income,but what comes after that,think more to the future.
they want more,..more money more freedom.
if you taste the sugar you want more.
the competition point is not working if they start to pay more
for men-power,it will get harder and it will decrease.
its only working as long as the majority is poor.

"7. What is "doing stuff against their own politics" Plz make some sense."
ok,do i really need to explain that?!i thought you know about mao,
what would he say about todays china?!yes,he would fucking kill himself.


336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / City of Hearts
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
I still suggest to read two important studies on the matter:

Samuel Huntington's "The Clash of Civilization: The remaking of World Order." The author is one of the West's most eminent political scientist from Harvard. His critical eye on seeing the trends of inevitable decline of the west and the rise of Chinese civilization is intructive to those of us who really want to know the geo-politics that shaped world order.

Sterling Seagrave's "Lord of the Rims" The author is an investigative journalist who uncovers a real and significant trend in global changes in term of wealth and power at the intense interminable depression of the west. This force is the famous invisible China.
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 12/19/07

arano wrote:


echo123456 wrote:

Going back? Are you insane? Under the Nationalists control:
1. Corruption was worse
2. China would still be a 3rd world country because the damn government refused to provide safety nets for the poor. Especially the peasants.
3. China would be another country with no individuality because the government would be puppets of the U.S
4. Get it through to your thick head, that the people don't care what the fuck policy it is, no matter Communism or Capitalism, as long as their lives can operate normally with a steady income. Unlike before, under Guo Ming Dang, it's within normality for the rich to exploit the poor, i'm not saying that doesn't exist, but it is doubtless that currently more people have caree8rs and housing.
5. You've got to be as ignorant and brainwashed to even consider China better under the previous government- Chiang Kai Shek. It would have been certain China will become a colony of Japan if not for the Communist take over.
6. I do know about Chinese communism, and indeed it is different because it all had it's origins from Maoism. Which almost makes it not communism. The current government is pragmatic enough to realise it cannot survive internationally without compromising it's trading and economic policies, because well, logically how can it survive among every other capitalist country?
7. What is "doing stuff against their own politics" Plz make some sense.
8. There will always be a world superpower because the driving force behind Capitalism, which is the majority of the countries in the world- is competition. And with competition, there will always be a leader and ultimately winner. That winner, IS the superpower.
9. Don't spill nonsense thanks.


wow,..getting angry arent we ;)

well,you misunderstood,i never said they should go back.
i only said they will move to either one of the two options i gave,i never
said one is better then the other.
on thing is for sure,they wont progress and keep up the ideology.
and sure,its great that more and more
get some good income,but what comes after that,think more to the future.
they want more,..more money more freedom.
if you taste the sugar you want more.
the competition point is not working if they start to pay more
for men-power,it will get harder and it will decrease.
its only working as long as the majority is poor.

"7. What is "doing stuff against their own politics" Plz make some sense."
ok,do i really need to explain that?!i thought you know about mao,
what would he say about todays china?!yes,he would fucking kill himself.




yeah, i did get angry coz i thought u were that europe guy =x
The thing about Mao, r u referring to the fact that it's not moving into socialism?
And yeah, i see your point about the future, if that happens...wouldn't it be the very accordance to Marx's transition into socialism then communism? Coz it'll end up being majority poor, but under the control of a rich minority. ^_~
27739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
to echo:

well,mao never wanted socalism(correct me if i am wrong there)
and its not going to be socialism in the near future.
as it looks to me,china right now uses its power over the people from
back of the days,to have an economical rise,on the back of the
workers.but since the opening to the west also gave the people a taste of capitalism,
it wont stay like that.i dont even talk about human rights etc.
its just you work your butt of in a factory,...and your boss gets more money.
that simple fact is what will make it hard.china either have to give more
freedom,social security,health care,paychecks,...etc.
or the people will start going against the system,like we saw in other countries.

and as i said,both ways will lead to at least a long pause of the rising of china.

6858 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 12/19/07
I'm kinda leaning to the U.N. taking over everything. Now, this has no basis in fact, just a gut feeling I have.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.