First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What is the pros & cons of anime to humans' mind?
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/27/08 , edited 3/11/08
There are pros and cons in our daily lives and we cannot change that, thats a fact. The truth is anime can lower the ability of children in school due to anime watching and for the pro, If the anime is historical, they will learnm the fact from it in the form of animation.

Now it is your turn to say your reaction about this.

I don't want to be pro anime or con anime, all i want is the reaction of people in human lives
The real issue is anime can help us in our daily lives or it is just to entertain the people watching, that is the point.

example on pros and cons category like how it effects our lives or psychological effects
2052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / australia
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

animemagic wrote:

There are pros and cons in our daily lives and we cannot change that, thats a fact. The truth is anime can lower the ability of children in school due to anime watching and for the pro, If the anime is historical, they will learnm the fact from it in the form of animation.

Now it is your turn to say your reaction about this.


lol the stuff that happrns in historical anime wont help you much in life, unless you want to major swordsman in university
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

crimsonkiba wrote:


animemagic wrote:

There are pros and cons in our daily lives and we cannot change that, thats a fact. The truth is anime can lower the ability of children in school due to anime watching and for the pro, If the anime is historical, they will learnm the fact from it in the form of animation.

Now it is your turn to say your reaction about this.


lol the stuff that happrns in historical anime wont help you much in life, unless you want to major swordsman in university


This is the cause of anime, the minds are philosophically incorrect. You are saying that to major swordsman in university that's insane. Then you should say that anime is a trash!!!!
Ghost
AHTL 
91493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 2/27/08
Some animes actually contain historical information that is not related to "swordsman".

Excellent example: Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy gives information about a certain painting I can't recall the exact name of (woman/girl laying in water with her hands open and is surrounded by flowers of different meaning), about a French poet who lost some body parts during the first war.. They mention a psychological term that is related to the anime. In short, they show lots of interesting information that one wouldn't normally find.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
One piece did give you an explaned that if you would forcily pump the blood faster your stamina would increase and your whole body who'd constantly getting nutrisions, thus making you several times stronger and faster.
Full metal alchemist gives you a basic anatomi lesson every chapter. We also get to see a little of germany in the second world war here, for example, we got to see how the gupsys were treated.



4621 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / The Wired World
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

AHTL wrote:

Some animes actually contain historical information that is not related to "swordsman".

Excellent example: Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy gives information about a certain painting I can't recall the exact name of (woman/girl laying in water with her hands open and is surrounded by flowers of different meaning), about a French poet who lost some body parts during the first war.. They mention a psychological term that is related to the anime. In short, they show lots of interesting information that one wouldn't normally find.


Actually everything in ergo proxy has some kind of reference to history,

other than that:
Pro's :some anime's give you a new insight or view on your life
Con's :cant think of 1
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
SO the majority says that anime seeds us information though some of it are fictions. I dont want to say that anime is good for us.
I just want to be equal although i am an anime fan too.
Ghost
AHTL 
91493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 2/27/08

lokaos123 wrote:


AHTL wrote:

Some animes actually contain historical information that is not related to "swordsman".

Excellent example: Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy gives information about a certain painting I can't recall the exact name of (woman/girl laying in water with her hands open and is surrounded by flowers of different meaning), about a French poet who lost some body parts during the first war.. They mention a psychological term that is related to the anime. In short, they show lots of interesting information that one wouldn't normally find.


Actually everything in ergo proxy has some kind of reference to history,

other than that:
Pro's :some anime's give you a new insight or view on your life
Con's :cant think of 1


Hmm, I need to watch Ergo Proxy again, been so terrible long...
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/28/08
sorry guys what is ergo proxy?
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/28/08

animemagic wrote:

The truth is anime can lower the ability of children in school due to anime watching and for the pro, If the anime is historical, they will learnm the fact from it in the form of animation.



You're stating this as if it's a fact. Do you have any resources or citations to back up this claim? Because if you don't, it's just your word against another person who watches anime but sees no distraction, whatsoever, from watching it.

In addition, should you consider someone who watches anime occasionally the same as someone who watches it on a regular basis ~ and perhaps even one that watches it avidly? At what point does watching anime really become "too much"? That's the real issue.


Because bluntly saying that "watching anime = lowered ability in class" is pure bull. And your pro statement for anime is arbitrary in itself. I suggest you re-fix your statements and figure out just exactly how you plan on moving this discussion forward.
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
when it comes to children, it's not anime's fault. it's the parents. they should be responsible enough to regulate what their kids are watching during such an elementary stage. if you feed a young grade-schooler anime, then DUH, what do you expect? during such stages, they should be reading books. that's how i see it.

and what do yo mean by historical? it would have to be historically accurate and such. even so, i think it's just best to have kids learn from books or pbs or other things.. most of the time, anime is for entertainment.
1168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / so cal
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
what awesome thing doesn't rot your brain these days. at least anime is better than a lot of other mindless drivel i see on tv
Posted 2/29/08
Well don't blame anime, its the technology that makes the children very lazy to go to school. Am I correct?
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
What can you say on the very classic animation, like flying house and superbook, A religious animation
1433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
1.) Anime is entertainment. We choose to watch it or not, so blaming it for that problem makes no sense on these grounds. Besides, you could then blame anything else that occupies a person's time.

2.) Again, anime is entertainment. How do we know what is fact in it or not unless we look into reliable sources or have already been taught? Gaining knowledge is not a benefit of anime.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.