First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
What is the pros & cons of anime to humans' mind?
215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / earth
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

The truth is anime can lower the ability of children in school due to anime watching
I don't think so, I'm fifthteen so I might not exactly count as a child, but I watch anime and I still get As. Hell, it actually helps me remember stuff for revision, e.g. Force=mass x acceleration =FMA, fullmetal alchemist. This doesn't mean that anime is completely positive and it could effect some people's school work but it isn't all bad in terms of school work.
1209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Somewhere over th...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
It affects my school work :x
But everything affects the stuff I do in winter time.

...I must be allergic to winter
382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
this is stupid, its the same as saying tv is bad for kids. anime is addicting but so's tv. if ur that sad to bring up a kid and not bring them up properly its ur fault and take them and experience life. if ur a kid whos addicted to anime well u need a life, i love anime but living is far more interesting as u get to live out experiences u c in anime such as love and friendship.
194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

deadly01 wrote:

this is stupid, its the same as saying tv is bad for kids. anime is addicting but so's tv. if ur that sad to bring up a kid and not bring them up properly its ur fault and take them and experience life. if ur a kid whos addicted to anime well u need a life, i love anime but living is far more interesting as u get to live out experiences u c in anime such as love and friendship.


i agree with you. i know some families don't have television at home because they feel that it's a corrupted source for the upbringing of children.

anime - pros and cons - i think it's entertainment and leisure source. just like music, drama, movie.
whereas for the impacts on people's mind...

anime can influence one positively. e.g. 'Never Give Up' trait

generally i don't see anime can harm our mind as long as one don't be overly obsess.


Posted 2/29/08

animemagic wrote:

What can you say on the very classic animation, like flying house and superbook, A religious animation


Well its educational..... What's the problem with that?
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
That is the example of good anime, but i think more anime nowadays dont deal educational values
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

animemagic wrote:

That is the example of good anime, but i think more anime nowadays dont deal educational values


Same goes with any other form of entertainment on media... what's new?
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/1/08
What if anime has been erased. Would it be helpful to people to learn more? Because anime is just an entertainment.
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/1/08

AHTL wrote:

Some animes actually contain historical information that is not related to "swordsman".

Excellent example: Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy gives information about a certain painting I can't recall the exact name of (woman/girl laying in water with her hands open and is surrounded by flowers of different meaning), about a French poet who lost some body parts during the first war.. They mention a psychological term that is related to the anime. In short, they show lots of interesting information that one wouldn't normally find.


You mean a good example is Ergo Proxy! Are you kidding? That anime is full of fictional truth and you yill not going to lear with that anime.
Ghost
AHTL 
91493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Offline
Posted 3/1/08

animemagic wrote:


AHTL wrote:

Some animes actually contain historical information that is not related to "swordsman".

Excellent example: Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy gives information about a certain painting I can't recall the exact name of (woman/girl laying in water with her hands open and is surrounded by flowers of different meaning), about a French poet who lost some body parts during the first war.. They mention a psychological term that is related to the anime. In short, they show lots of interesting information that one wouldn't normally find.


You mean a good example is Ergo Proxy! Are you kidding? That anime is full of fictional truth and you yill not going to lear with that anime.


Have you even checked up the things they show? I have.
2424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
are you relly sure about that anime? that contains a lot of fiction!!!
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Yeah
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
The only pro is that it's fun to grow an imagination for a kid.
The cons are too many to state.
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
The pro doesn't justify the cons. Children are different. People might argue in their defense saying stuff such as "I get good grades, still," However that is a subjective statement. Not all children are very aware of their capabilities, and intelligence. Same goes for the attention they pay to everything. Anime is a waste of time for children, specially at younger age when their mind is more openly active to their surroundings.
1706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
This belongs in extended discussion? You should make it more vague. Replace "anime" with "obsession," because for many and in this instance, that's exactly what it is.

For me, anime is time consuming, addicting, distractive, and an excuse for escapism. None of these things are positive, and all they manifest themselves in tiny parts of my life every day. But, no matter how lasting my anime obsession may appear, it's merely a phase that I expect to be through will someday and replaced by another. In the meantime I'm going to continue watching it and reading manga instead of starting my homework.
Posted 3/3/08
Some anime such as Naruto cotain myths of Japan, but some anime have no historical teachings.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.