First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Earthquake, Feb 27th 2008 1AM
Posted 2/27/08 , edited 3/13/08
EDIT: Changed the link, other one broke ^^;http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/27/earthquake

Well, it definately scared the hell outta me Did anyone else feel the Earthquake, and if so, how did you feel?... What did you do?!

As for me, I freaked out and ran out in the street in my pj's with the majority of my neighbours wondering what the hell was going on Then I ran back inside and phoned up my friend and asked if she felt it too and she said no... she was asleep.
Member
6077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Behind you.
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
I didnt feel it. o_o
I was fast asleep.. XD;;

But how long did it last ? o_o
Posted 2/27/08

naoxnao wrote:

I didnt feel it. o_o
I was fast asleep.. XD;;

But how long did it last ? o_o


Hmm, probably about 10 seconds

Member
6077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Behind you.
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

BubbleGumx wrote:


naoxnao wrote:

I didnt feel it. o_o
I was fast asleep.. XD;;

But how long did it last ? o_o


Hmm, probably about 10 seconds




Wow really ? >_<
how did it feel ?
plus where in uk are you ?
Posted 2/27/08

naoxnao wrote:


Wow really ? >_<
how did it feel ?
plus where in uk are you ?


I'm in Lincolnshire, near Hull And it was weird at first because I thought it was the wind just blowing really strongly, and then it grew louder and it was really deep and sounded a bit like an underground train or something then my room started shaking XD



Member
6077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Behind you.
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

BubbleGumx wrote:


naoxnao wrote:


Wow really ? >_<
how did it feel ?
plus where in uk are you ?


I'm in Lincolnshire, near Hull And it was weird at first because I thought it was the wind just blowing really strongly, and then it grew louder and it was really deep and sounded a bit like an underground train or something then my room started shaking XD





did anything break/fall ? o_o
Posted 2/27/08

naoxnao wrote:


BubbleGumx wrote:


naoxnao wrote:


Wow really ? >_<
how did it feel ?
plus where in uk are you ?


I'm in Lincolnshire, near Hull And it was weird at first because I thought it was the wind just blowing really strongly, and then it grew louder and it was really deep and sounded a bit like an underground train or something then my room started shaking XD





did anything break/fall ? o_o


Uh huh, loads of chimneys did but ours didn't and a lot of the houses roofs caved in. My friend told me the windows on her brothers car smashed O_O

Member
6077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Behind you.
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

BubbleGumx wrote:


naoxnao wrote:


BubbleGumx wrote:


naoxnao wrote:


Wow really ? >_<
how did it feel ?
plus where in uk are you ?


I'm in Lincolnshire, near Hull And it was weird at first because I thought it was the wind just blowing really strongly, and then it grew louder and it was really deep and sounded a bit like an underground train or something then my room started shaking XD





did anything break/fall ? o_o


Uh huh, loads of chimneys did but ours didn't and a lot of the houses roofs caved in. My friend told me the windows on her brothers car smashed O_O



Oh crap.
thats a bummer.
It wasn't ALL around England though, was it ? =/

Posted 2/27/08

naoxnao wrote:

Oh crap.
thats a bummer.
It wasn't ALL around England though, was it ? =/



I don't think so, it was mainly the North of England.... erm, not sure lol aww as if you slept through it though! You missed all the hype!!
Member
6077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Behind you.
Offline
Posted 2/27/08

BubbleGumx wrote:


naoxnao wrote:

Oh crap.
thats a bummer.
It wasn't ALL around England though, was it ? =/



I don't think so, it was mainly the North of England.... erm, not sure lol aww as if you slept through it though! You missed all the hype!!


XD;;
shallap.
I wanted to be there.. but nuuu. >_<
I should move the the North.. >_> XD

Posted 2/27/08
lol 'twas a good experience!
Member
2987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
Yup felt the eathquake, but it wasn't a big a deal as some people have been making it out I think.

Anyway I was up late last night browsing the net when it started, i thought it was just my next door neighbour banging their doors or something. BUt the ground was shking, my desk and chair. But i was just like
And carried on surfing the net.

I felt one before so it wasn't really a big deal for me.
Posted 2/27/08
^ True, but it was quite scary having not experience anything like an earthquake before and, well, being at the epicentre of it.
Member
710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / England
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
Hardly a natural "disaster", but it was quite an experience. I'll raise my hands up and confess that I'm truly an idiot.

To begin with I thought I was having a fit or convulsion of some sort. XD Then I realised that the the table was shaking so it couldn't have possibly been me. After that I thought I must have knocked the table really hard or something. Turns out I hadn't >_<.

It took me an hour to realise what had ACTUALLY happened. It was only when everyone was signing onto messenger with "OMFG EARTHQUAKE" in their display names that I came to the conclusion that there'd been an earthquake.


1520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 2/27/08
I live in West Midlands and I could feel it. It woke me up. I was well shocked and I wasn't really sure what it was until I heard the news on the radio. I never experienced an earthquake before so I was quite excited about it
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.