First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Loners
2140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74
Offline
Posted 9/26/07

TheTravelingSword wrote:

"Some people like to be alone, yet are not loners. Some people are surrounded by people, but are loners."

Sure, there are definitely good and bad friends. Good friends will give you advice, help and support as you go through your life just as your family pushes you to succeed. They would care for you as you should care for them. Even if they run or back stab you, they're still your friends. Unless you really hate their guts. Just like me, I used to have some nice friends who started smoking crack and doing other drugs such as smoking. I don't consider them as real friends since I don't hang out with them. But as just buddies and acquaintances to one another.
No one can be trusted until you trust them. It's hard to trust someone, but as time flows, you get to know your friends better. Everyone laughs at jokes even though they're corny. They envy one another, doing they're best to succeed one another while still cheering on each other in different ways. Having friends is great. They're fun and enjoyable as you make good friends. Don't hang out with those if you feel unwelcome. Just leave and find somebody. It's just like high school, a first impression is always good. Make good choices where you and your friends depend on one another. A group of survivors going against zombies has a better chance of survival than a person soloing zombies..

Well, enough of my senseless rambling. I will leave it to you, the one who should decide to make good choices.


i agree with the first part. im surrounded by people but im a loner. haha
1883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
Yeah, I feel melancholic most of the time, but I was saved from the depression thing because of innate optimism. For instance, I really don't like quitting until I've known the ropes so to speak. Honestly, I grew up in a family with 7 kids and I'm the eldest; but inspite of that fact, I prefer being solitary. When I was young, I mistrust people because I've observed that they have a tendency to abuse others who "do not quite fit in", people who do not like to join in the stereotypical. Another thing that kind of isolated me from the rest of my acquaintances was the fact that I am not easily influenced or changed into a character that would blend in with their expectations - I just don't do the bending for them; what you see is what you get. And frankly, I find literature and art more interesting and engaging than spending an entire day partying.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / planet eart.h
Offline
Posted 9/26/07

kyorizuken wrote:


TheTravelingSword wrote:

"Some people like to be alone, yet are not loners. Some people are surrounded by people, but are loners."

Sure, there are definitely good and bad friends. Good friends will give you advice, help and support as you go through your life just as your family pushes you to succeed. They would care for you as you should care for them. Even if they run or back stab you, they're still your friends. Unless you really hate their guts. Just like me, I used to have some nice friends who started smoking crack and doing other drugs such as smoking. I don't consider them as real friends since I don't hang out with them. But as just buddies and acquaintances to one another.
No one can be trusted until you trust them. It's hard to trust someone, but as time flows, you get to know your friends better. Everyone laughs at jokes even though they're corny. They envy one another, doing they're best to succeed one another while still cheering on each other in different ways. Having friends is great. They're fun and enjoyable as you make good friends. Don't hang out with those if you feel unwelcome. Just leave and find somebody. It's just like high school, a first impression is always good. Make good choices where you and your friends depend on one another. A group of survivors going against zombies has a better chance of survival than a person soloing zombies..

Well, enough of my senseless rambling. I will leave it to you, the one who should decide to make good choices.


i agree with the first part. im surrounded by people but im a loner. haha


eh...ever played House Of The Dead 4?? shooting zombies with a sub-machinegun? i personally find soloing the game easier than playing with someone else...cos then we won't get our shots mixed up, my accuracy increases and i get all the points

lol ok this is a little off topic...
3471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
^ Emo. But yah, I'm a loner, but yes, if I'm asked out to a pub for instance, I'll go, sure.
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
Hey, if you're all loners, you all have something in common.

And that makes me come to the conclusion that we could all get together and create our own army of loners.

Then, we take over the world and capture a rocket so we can fly to the moon top build our own base!

So who's with me?
1530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / windsor, ontario,...
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
alot of u ppl have no idea what a loner is well u are a lioner if u meet these requirements:
1-no one talks to u in and outside of school.
2.u dont really like other ppl (possibliy hate).
3.u are always alone .
4.last one dispite ur best efforts to be scocial it seems like u have no place amoung other ppl so u just end up alone.
5-ok last one u have no friends.
5611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / :)
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
Till i reach 14
I not lonely anymore since i got a gang
But i still felt lonely and no fun at all!!!!!!
15511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas.........
Offline
Posted 9/26/07

ThursdayMan wrote:

I've been that way myself for most of my life as well...a loner, that is. I also have a few close friends and good acquaintances, but I keep to myself also.

Just like a lot of you on this thread.

A lot of it, I found out reading up on this, has to do with temperament.

Hippocrates, the father of Western medicine, found out about this stuff over 2400 years ago. It is known as the Four Temperaments. The temperament most linked to us loners is called "Melancholy". This is the temperament that has produced the most scholars, poets, artists, mystics, statesmen and saints.

Unfortunately, it also is the temperament that has folks prone to being loners, as well as suffering most from depression or worse. "Been there, done that" in my case.

If you're curious to find out more about it, here's a link that teaches about the Melancholy temperament - and the other three as well:

http://www.fisheaters.com/quizm.html

Thank you all for your time and attention.


Yeah, I'm of the melancholic temperament, but I've got a choleric streak too. I don't really suffer from depression though.
10525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
on my way to your...
Offline
Posted 9/26/07

ThursdayMan wrote:
If you're curious to find out more about it, here's a link that teaches about the Melancholy temperament - and the other three as well:
http://www.fisheaters.com/quizm.html


^thanks for that link, whilst reading it i found myself nodding in agreement and thinking how i can really relate to that.



527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
there's nothing wrong being a loner so long as you dont create major problems for others.
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/07

kissmed wrote:

there's nothing wrong being a loner so long as you dont create major problems for others.


exactly!!!!!!!!!!
655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
Me as of my childhood I had a lot of friends because of my big bro he was always the fun one, so i always had friends, but in my family were cold to us so there was not much happy Shi*. My family was back stabbers all of them even my sister, I grew up knowing that u never trust anyone. So far from friends i still have a lot, but i like to use people for my own desires and then use me too.

I like to walk alone, but for the last year i have been having the emotions for a true friend, this sucks, i mean i never had them before why now. Last year I met I great friend, we have not a lot of things common, but still i like to seat with her and talk about life. Why do we have these kind of emotions, man i miss my loneliness i had everything for me and needed no one, and friends when i wanted something i just use them. Life sucks
267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / England
Offline
Posted 9/26/07
i used to be realy popular when iw as like really young but as i got older i found it harder to talk to others and make friends. I don't really mind and i've got a group of friends
32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / london
Offline
Posted 9/26/07

animelover28 wrote:

i used to be realy popular when iw as like really young but as i got older i found it harder to talk to others and make friends. I don't really mind and i've got a group of friends


when we are young we are really loud....dying for attention...that attentioin lessens when we grow up...we seek independence .....sometimes a bit too much......
but never regret what u have done.....we make mistakes for a reason
Posted 9/26/07
I want to be alone, most of the time; a lot happier when it's just me and no one else around. But I never really get a moment's peace.. =_=
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.