First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Islam
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

ahojcookie wrote:

There's a lot of BS in any "holy book", plus I don't like what you do here: I don't know how old this book is, but it's not too long ago that people considered the most hilarious things to have healing powers, so you're really just aggravating people who turn towards this book to seek...something by ridiculing parts of it that are obviously can't be taken serious.


i wasn't reffering to you being muslim, i was making a general reference to the muslim population. you were defending ignoring the bad but following the good parts of a religion as being acceptable... and that didn't seem to hold water to me.

this is a book people are killing and dying for right now. i think it's of the utmost importance that we take a very long hard good look at it - ALL of it. if it was just some people who minded their own business, then hey, more power to them. but it's not anymore. a lot of people are taking this book very literally and are willing to kill for it. for what? superstition in a book that was written 1400 years ago that doesn't hold up under any real scrutiny?

i think it's obvious to any one who actually uses their head that this book isn't sacred, and that most of the absurd things like drinking camel's urine is a product of ancient flawed thinking, but (once again) there are a lot of people who think this book is inspired by the divine, and aren't willing to put any thought or logic behind their belief.

the bottom line is that religion is now everyone's problem in this day and age. we can't just ignore it out of common courtesy anymore.
4769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
i dont no much about the muslim religion or christanity but i think they are over rated............ christianity think that their religion is the right one, muslim think that their religion are the right one too...........honestly i dont think any religion is right here........people in the middle east kill each other in the name of god....who side is god on????? is god really god here......does god really love his children????....if he does he will never make them kill each other in his name.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
You misread me again, I'll quote myself to make this clear:


ahojcookie wrote:

Btw: As much as everyone inteprets the bible differently, I guess peaceful muslims stick to the peaceful guidelines and the haters stick to the hateful phrases in the Koran.


azrael910 wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

There's a lot of BS in any "holy book", plus I don't like what you do here: I don't know how old this book is, but it's not too long ago that people considered the most hilarious things to have healing powers, so you're really just aggravating people who turn towards this book to seek...something by ridiculing parts of it that are obviously can't be taken serious.


i wasn't reffering to you being muslim, i was making a general reference to the muslim population. you were defending ignoring the bad but following the good parts of a religion as being acceptable... and that didn't seem to hold water to me.


Once again, I'm not a muslim, I don't believ in any religion. I don't know how that makes me defend people who ignore the bad and only follow the good parts. Like you, I was making a general reference to the muslim population, of which some are peaceful and live in tolerance of other beliefs and some are the opposite. Apart from that, the bible as well as the Quran has parts that made/make people kill for it, so why do you ignore that? I'll accept anyone's religion as long as they don't try to force it onto others. As all those "holy books" have the aforementioned flaws, to me anyone who' a harmless believer only follows the harmless parts of their book of choice.




827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

bellus-vae wrote:

i just dont agree with their treatment with their women.


am muslim " thanks god " ... u know nothink about our islam .... u just say that coz u look at us covering our bodies and we don’t get involve with men …
If u compare how the woman was treated before the islam and after it u will found that islam really treasure the woman .


27424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / known
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
ok first i don't like this it must be close why first there is plp don't know about the Muslim Religion

the Muslim accept the Christians and Jews but you must know the Muslim don't hate Christians they only hate the President of America because he but his nose in there life
and abut the Jews (you know the Palestine plp ) thy hate because Israel kick the Palestinians from there home so how they will love the Israel

it's so Complex so plp so if you don't know this thing Please don't write


i think it's because the Politics plp are going to hate each other
27424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / known
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

alhelwaa wrote:


bellus-vae wrote:

i just dont agree with their treatment with their women.


am muslim " thanks god " ... u know nothink about our islam .... u just say that coz u look at us covering our bodies and we don’t get involve with men …
If u compare how the woman was treated before the islam and after it u will found that islam really treasure the woman .




you are right the woman only treated the like treasure

same of my friend he is a Muslim say (Paradise under the feet of mothers)
so the woman is treasure in the Islam
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

ahojcookie wrote:

You misread me again, I'll quote myself to make this clear:


ahojcookie wrote:

Btw: As much as everyone inteprets the bible differently, I guess peaceful muslims stick to the peaceful guidelines and the haters stick to the hateful phrases in the Koran.


azrael910 wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

There's a lot of BS in any "holy book", plus I don't like what you do here: I don't know how old this book is, but it's not too long ago that people considered the most hilarious things to have healing powers, so you're really just aggravating people who turn towards this book to seek...something by ridiculing parts of it that are obviously can't be taken serious.


i wasn't reffering to you being muslim, i was making a general reference to the muslim population. you were defending ignoring the bad but following the good parts of a religion as being acceptable... and that didn't seem to hold water to me.


Once again, I'm not a muslim, I don't believ in any religion. I don't know how that makes me defend people who ignore the bad and only follow the good parts. Like you, I was making a general reference to the muslim population, of which some are peaceful and live in tolerance of other beliefs and some are the opposite. Apart from that, the bible as well as the Quran has parts that made/make people kill for it, so why do you ignore that? I'll accept anyone's religion as long as they don't try to force it onto others. As all those "holy books" have the aforementioned flaws, to me anyone who' a harmless believer only follows the harmless parts of their book of choice.



even though you're not practicing a religion, you still seem to be defending it.

i'm an atheist, and i think the bible is just as wrong as the koran is, but no one here bothers to read anything i write about that, they just keep repeating the same christian dogma over and over. so i don't bother criticizing christianity anymore here. i figured i could help educate some of the non-muslims here about what they actually beleive and that it isn't a misunderstood happy go lucky religion of peace that the media is leading them to believe. and in my original post, i mentioned i've been to the middle east and i've met some very nice muslims, but i explained my opinion on that there.

i think all religion is wrong and as a society we should have advanced beyond it by now. instead, we're watching the world be broken apart by it (and greed thrown into the mix as well). i think faith in the supernatural of any kind is wrong and childish and is just leading to more nonsense. take a look at the last 8 years of US history, a lot of that is the result of ignorant christians be taken advantage of to put selfish opportunistic people in power. even religions that seem harmless can do a lot of damage.
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Lion City
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
1st post is already BS..Why continue?.
7147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / 中国
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

ehcizenryoma wrote:

1st post is already BS..Why continue?.


or you could enlighten us with why the first post is BS. normally seraph is full of shit, but i actually agree with him this time.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UAE
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
hi seraphalford you said that you had studied the islam huh?

well doud i guess you got it all wrong, and i suggest you to restudy and make sure from the resource.
and by the way im muslim and im soooo proud of that thank (ALLAH) for opening my eyes....and i hope that (ALLAH) will guide just like others.

and bout you fenderhawk well buddy I hope you didn't mean what you have said....

peace out ya'll....(^0^)y
27424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / known
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
you are right the plp here writ about Islam and they don't know anything about Islam
and that what i hate
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

BasouKazuma wrote:

The Muslim religion is a crappy religion.

Crazyevil145, you can say that Islam is a choice, but that's not true. If you're in a primarily Islamic country like Pakistan, you're basically forced to be Muslim by your parents, teachers, surroundings, the government ... and random people you meet. The reason it's like that is because the religion is very strict.

Then you take me, where Muslim people get VERY upset to find that I'm not Muslim just cuz my parents are "Muslim" and I have a Muslim name. If they're devout Muslims, they'll try numerous times to get me to 'see the light' and subtly continue to do that forever.

Every religion is based on non-credible sources and is full of holes. You can say that the Quran is the word of God, but that's BS. It was recited and written by imperfect humans just like every other religion.


OMG~this is needed to be corrected. pakistan, iraq, iran and such are extremist. just ignore them.they were born in hatred but not for some of them. it's true that some Muslim people get VERY upset to find that ur not Muslim just cuz ur parents are "Muslim" and u have a Muslim name, but everyone must remember those muslim name are arabic name. in asian country changing name is unnecessary coz the quran never mention that u should chang name or what so ever. most asian muslim today understood what a true islam is. women also have rights same as christian do. same as a women cant be a priest or pope. another thing is, yes muslim dont accept jesus as messiah but merely as prophetand he's the same as muhammad. muhammad is the last prophet but he's not 'ultimate' please dont get it wrong. muslim believe is equality so it would be fair if muhammad is the same level as jesus. and the other thing basicly. Allah is just an arabic word for god. so if u a buddist u can translate is as allah in arabic. basicly islam is a religion that believe in 'one' god. just like 'time' it didnt born of give birth, it's everywhere, it sees past and future, good and bad and so on
409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Home
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
okay.. first of all, my opinion on the war issue.. i think its not the religion that is the matter.. WE ARE LIVING IN A WORLD THAT IS FULL OF COMPETITION.. its not clashes of civilizations.. its power.. money.. wealth.. and money.. and power.. and more power..
one thing also is that the word RESPECT.. muslims must respect christians.. christians must respect muslims.. in a way that they would respect their beliefs..
second, i know that the girls of the muslim are being well-treated.. girls are being treasured.. it is in the religion.. the thing now is that the kind of people we have.. the one who have the mistake is the kind of persons we have now and NOT the muslim religion..
third.. we must believe for what our hearts dictate.. but we must make the right choice..
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

azrael910 wrote:

even though you're not practicing a religion, you still seem to be defending it.

i'm an atheist, and i think the bible is just as wrong as the koran is, but no one here bothers to read anything i write about that, they just keep repeating the same christian dogma over and over. so i don't bother criticizing christianity anymore here. i figured i could help educate some of the non-muslims here about what they actually beleive and that it isn't a misunderstood happy go lucky religion of peace that the media is leading them to believe. and in my original post, i mentioned i've been to the middle east and i've met some very nice muslims, but i explained my opinion on that there.

i think all religion is wrong and as a society we should have advanced beyond it by now. instead, we're watching the world be broken apart by it (and greed thrown into the mix as well). i think faith in the supernatural of any kind is wrong and childish and is just leading to more nonsense. take a look at the last 8 years of US history, a lot of that is the result of ignorant christians be taken advantage of to put selfish opportunistic people in power. even religions that seem harmless can do a lot of damage.


I agree with you that religion is something humanity should be able to leave behind ideally, but that's because I'm an atheist of course. So that's why I accept, which you see as defending. You've been taking the position of an intolerant atheist in your posts, which I don't like to see, because I don't like that militant atheism that ironically criticizes religions for being intolerant. I criticized your quote from the Quran for the same reason. If you're really trying to educate some of the non-muslims here about what the islam is about, it's not very constructive to only quote those hateful and ridiculous parts. It makes your "education" sound one-sided and thus make it hard for people to consider your arguments. Maybe you should think about your approach on this topic, if you really see acceptance of other people's believes as defending them (if you're meaning it as in to defend their right to believe what they wish to believe, then it's true, I'll defend that, although I don't really like it), then you just outed yourself as someone comparibly stubborn as a religious fanatic.
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

azrael910 wrote:


ahojcookie wrote:

Btw: As much as everyone inteprets the bible differently, I guess peaceful muslims stick to the peaceful guidelines and the haters stick to the hateful phrases in the Koran.


So why follow such a flawed contradictory book in the first place? According to their own muslim scholars, this interpretation is incorrect anyways. In order for a sacred book to be well, sacred, doesn't it need to be perfect? if it isn't perfect... then doesn't that whole divinity thing come into question?

Some fun Quron verses:

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

pretty self explanatory

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

the funny thing is it says elsewhere in the Koran that you can. what a pickle!

"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

not exactly friednly is it?

Mohammed said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and whoever says, " None has the right to be worshipped but Allah , his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not). Vol. 4:196

meaning, unless you're muslim you don't have a right to life and property.

Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Vol. 9:57

can't leave the islamic religion either it seems.

Mohammed said, " No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel). Vol. 9:50

a "kafir" is a non muslim btw.

"Narrated Aisha that the prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."Vol. 7:64

tell me how it's ever justified to sleep with a nine year old girl.

"The prophet ordered them to follow his camels, and drink their milk and urine , so they followed the camels and drank their milk and urine till their bodies became healthy." Vol. 7:590

some of the amazing science in islam we keep hearing about - camel's urine, coming to health store near you!

sad thing is i can just keep going and going... the Koran is one of the most hateful books ever written. sure it has it's nice parts... but that doesn't justify the bad. where do you draw the line? how do you chose what to follow and what not to follow?


i should remind u that this are fakes. i'm a muslim and i've seen a LOT of fake quran out there. to put this simple, everyone have the right to live and choose what they believe. frankly, what u have post is disguiting. i read quran and i'm shocked how muslim haters manipulate those words. just becoz arabic is confusing and many ppl dont read or understand them they dont have to 'translate' it that way. it's the same way how some christian haters saz 'holy water' came from 'pregnant's womb liquid'.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.