First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite Japanese Bands
6811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 1/28/07
hm.....idk....mika? or maybe ai? bwahahahahah rain. nope. he sounds like GIRL.....well right now im into C pop like fahreneheit and S.H.E and Tank....
Unicorn Princess
17230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/28/07

lokita wrote:

sigh. Sweetheart, listen to me. You're just repeating yourself. Please stop it. Believe it or not, many people do care what country some music is from.


It's a pity you won't take your own advice. The reason I'm going in circles is because you are going in circles.


lokita wrote:

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said I'm interested in bands because of their looks. Do you know what VK means?


Well gee, it's hardly putting words in your mouth when you said:


lokita wrote:

Sometimes the musical/lyrical aspect doesn't matter that much.



lokita wrote:

Lmao, ok. So just because I don't look at their websites, that means I don't give a damn? I actually know quite a lot about many, many bands that I listen to. XD Lol, and you're putting words in my mouth by saying that since I don't look at their websites I'm only interested in them because they're 'pretty' or because I want Indie cred. I'm afraid you're wrong.


No, it just means you're contradicting yourself. You say that the the extra letter put in front of the genre is important because it lets the listener know what language the song is in. Well you obviously don't care what language it's in because you don't care about anything else about the band. You either A. only like the visual aspect or B. pretend to care about what language it's in, but you don't understand the language and therefore it doesn't matter what language it's in.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/28/07

redgarnettk wrote:
Well gee, it's hardly putting words in your mouth when you said:

lokita wrote:
Sometimes the musical/lyrical aspect doesn't matter that much.


..and so I'll ask again: do you know what VK means?


No, it just means you're contradicting yourself. You say that the the extra letter put in front of the genre is important because it lets the listener know what language the song is in. Well you obviously don't care what language it's in because you don't care about anything else about the band. You either A. only like the visual aspect or B. pretend to care about what language it's in, but you don't understand the language and therefore it doesn't matter what language it's in.


I honestly never said I listen to bands because I either 1. think they're pretty or 2. pretend to care about the language. The letter in front does let people know about the language. I don't remember saying that I don't care about certain bands. The bands that I like I know a great deal about; the shitty ones I don't bother with. I don't see how this means I'm trying to boost my Indie cred/only listen to them because they're pretty.
Unicorn Princess
17230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/28/07
*sigh* I'm not trying to bash you. My point was that the extra letter in front of the genre is meaningless. I was only pointing out the holes in your argument. When I used the word "you", I meant as a plural audience rather than the singular "you".

I'm going to pretend that you didn't ask me if I know what "vk" means. If you look at my upload history, it's pretty obvious that I know what visual kei is. Visual kei is only defined by the clothing/make up. The music has nothing to do with the genre. However, that doesn't mean that the music has no musical or lyrical meaning.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/28/07

mimmy wrote:
i know what you mean ELLEGARDEN can be a bit hit & miss when it comes to some of their songs


:/ Hit-or-miss bands depress me. For example, there's this one called UnsraW. They're definitely a hit-or-miss band for me.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/28/07

redgarnettk wrote:
Visual kei is only defined by the clothing/make up.


Exactly. They look the way they do because they want to attract fangirls. That's the whole point of it. The subgenres of VK (oshare kei, angura kei, etc) also all focus on their looks.
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in a chair
Offline
Posted 1/28/07
ORANGE RANGE and BUMP OF CHICKEN!!!!!
1664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / ooohwaahh Japanada
Offline
Posted 1/28/07
Ayabie, dir en grey, GazettE, kagrra, alice 9, DBSK (korean/jap)
37669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Hinamizawa.
Offline
Posted 1/28/07
I love Gazette
471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Cambs
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
I agree with not having a "J" in front, instead just say "Japanese music" like you would say "Spanish music" or "Russian music". Does seem kind of weird. But about translations, there are people do come awfully close (like Brian and Takko at Cent-J). Furthermore we know what happens when a band themselves will put out translations to their songs (I'm looking at you, Dir en grey). XD


lokita wrote:


juunannio wrote:
Shazna (yes, I do indeed like them XD)


<33!

I'm so, SO excited for their comeback.

Yeah... I've never seen 'em, so I want to this time... maybe in time Pierrot (and even D-Shade) will come back! :D

But that's kind of undermined by La'cryma Christi's breakup this month
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/29/07

juunannio wrote:
Yeah... I've never seen 'em, so I want to this time... maybe in time Pierrot (and even D-Shade) will come back! :D


While I'm EXTREMELY excited about SHAZNA's comeback, I'm also pretty worried. Their image has changed quite a bit. I'm hoping the music won't change too drastically. D: I'd be so depressed if they started releasing screamy music.

I doubt that PIERROT will ever get back together, though I'd love for it to happen. They've all moved on: Kirito, Takeo, & Kohta are in Angelo, Jun is in ALvino, & Aiji is in LM.C.


But that's kind of undermined by La'cryma Christi's breakup this month

So many good bands have been breaking up lately.
995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / alabama, usa ......
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
my favorite asian band is asian kung fun generation but my favorite solo singer is yoko kanno (although she did sing with the seatbelts). as you can see my favorites are influenced solely on the music ive heard from animes.
2913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / 名古屋市...そろそろ
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
Dir en grey and X Japan have my heart. Always have, always will.
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
Teriyaki Boyz - I still love H.E.R.featuring KANYE WEST
♥~
4607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Czech republic
Offline
Posted 1/29/07
I love Japanese band BBQ CHICKENS
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.