First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Sick Of It!!!
11180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/1/07 , edited 8/1/07
-Why do people commit SUICIDE?
-Why do people cut themselves?
-Why do girls become anorexic and bulimic?
-Why do kids bring guns to school?
-Why do kids get depressed...so they start using meds, and abusing them?
-Why do girls feel the need to act like sluts to impress guys?
-Why cant people show their sexuality freely, without worrying about being judged?

In the Bill Of Rights, it says we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH! So why are we so afraid to speak up for ourselves?

I KNOW WHY!

Cliques , whores , geeks , goths , emos

AND THAT’S NOT EVEN HALF OF THEM!

Society in general!!!

We live in a world where if your not skinny , not beautiful , not sexy , and not straight , your tortured , abused , and humiliated . We say that we are all EQUAL , but there is still racism , sexism , and people judging others based on RELIGION , COLOR , SIZE & HERITAGE...


IS THIS THE NATION FIGHT AND WE LIVE IN WARS TO SUPPORT?

AREN'T YOU GUYS SICK OF IT!
Stereotypes, and everything else.
I want to live in a good place, without suicide, rape, murder, and JUDGMENT!
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
Sin.

It will always be here. You can't make it better, or worse for that matter.

As long as people have free will, which is God given, it will always be like that.

God gave us free will, so we make stupid choices sometimes as a result.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
hmm... a topic that's better than sex and religion...
502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
in response to the racism sexism etc thing-

i think that no matter how much people attempt to stop this sort of thing it will always exist it is human nature.

the way society is nowadays is due to us if we stop thinking that way then those ideas will die out but people wont stop thinking that way because they beleive that society will think they are different and thus they will be rejected.
28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
Your just whining the same as everyone else and not working towards fixing it, just speaking about it.
Besides, how much of those things have you personally encountered?


Whats the problem?
We know there is a problem, we're just trying to ignore it and hope it'll go away.

Also, The United States aren't the only nation represented here, so be careful not to generalize.
Infact, most people who come to CR are from Singapore.
11180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
I didn't mean to include only US

28715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

xmoongirlx wrote:

I didn't mean to include only US


It was an ass of me to stickle you for it, but you seemed to generalize the authority of "The Bill Of Rights" and "Freedom of speech" mantra common here in the US.
Posted 8/1/07
b/c humans are very fucked up in the head.
11180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

Jorlwind wrote:


xmoongirlx wrote:

I didn't mean to include only US


It was an ass of me to stickle you for it, but you seemed to generalize the authority of "The Bill Of Rights" and "Freedom of speech" mantra common here in the US.


And LOL I'm not whining...far from it! I'm just giving more details of what most ppl already know! And it's true I haven't encounter all of those examples , but there's really no need for that , in order to understand them . And u talk about ppl complaining and not doing anything...One person can't do it alone!
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
we're human... it's in our nature to stereotype... heck even monkeys have a social hierarchy and judge and ostracize other monkeys... now this is the part where you say i'm comparing humans to monkeys... well in fact i am... we the higher life form of superior intellect are more savage than the animals... at least we can say animals are just being animals therefore it's ok... when humans start acting like animals, it's not ok...

if we acted rationally, people then would say that we are heartless uncaring beasts... and though we were created equal we will eventually end up in inequality... because for society to work there has to be bottom feeders and top monkeys...

i know... and it sucks to be a bottom feeder...
1143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68
Offline
Posted 8/1/07

xmoongirlx wrote:


Jorlwind wrote:


xmoongirlx wrote:

I didn't mean to include only US


It was an ass of me to stickle you for it, but you seemed to generalize the authority of "The Bill Of Rights" and "Freedom of speech" mantra common here in the US.


And LOL I'm not whining...far from it! I'm just giving more details of what most ppl already know! And it's true I haven't encounter all of those examples , but there's really no need for that , in order to understand them . And u talk about ppl complaining and not doing anything...One person can't do it alone!


My my. The titled thread sure give it all out. =]

Good luck.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
-Why do people commit SUICIDE?
Depression
-Why do people cut themselves?
Depression
-Why do girls become anorexic and bulimic?
Depression
-Why do kids bring guns to school?
Because your country has silly laws
-Why do kids get depressed...so they start using meds, and abusing them?
Using meds for being depressed is not abusing them.
-Why do girls feel the need to act like sluts to impress guys?
It's not only girls
-Why cant people show their sexuality freely, without worrying about being judged?
Sexuality? Are we talking about homosexuality now?

In the Bill Of Rights, it says we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH! So why are we so afraid to speak up for ourselves? I don't really see what freedom of speech has to do with any of the issues above except homosexuality?

We live in a world where if your not skinny , not beautiful , not sexy , and not straight , your tortured , abused , and humiliated . We say that we are all EQUAL , but there is still racism , sexism , and people judging others based on RELIGION , COLOR , SIZE & HERITAGE...

If it makes you feel any better one day, now that travel is so easily accessible we'll all become "Earthians" or whatever you want to call it because of breeding and such.
9371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Abu Dhabi, UAE
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
sick of everything evil..
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
It's the media and it's society, and it's the so-called role models who are currently in rehab/jail/droppedout/pothead/crackhead etc.

whatever u see on tv, on the news, in the movies or what u hear in the most popular music is basically what shapes the wretched depression we are currently undergoing.

you ask why?? because nobody CARES.
nobody cares unless it's their ass that's on the line.

Apathy.

In the end, we are at fault, because we don't do anything to stop it.
4738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / ...T_T!!
Offline
Posted 8/1/07
all due to human nature!...and we're all sick of it..but not everything can be fixed in a snap..and i believe that even if a million years pass, society will still be the same, if everyone , and i mean everyone in this damn world, won't work together to change things..but changing ourselves must come first before we can change the situation we're in..
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.