First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Are brand-name clothes that important?
3599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
sometimes it is. there's the saying "you get what you pay for.".. if you compare a cheap imitation of let's say, a shirt, to a similar shirt made under a designer brand, chances are that the designer brand shirt uses better materials, feels better when you wear it, and will last longer. however, i'm not the kind of person who wouldn't buy something that i like just cus there's no brand on it. i'm just talking about the quality difference.

oh and by designer brands, i don't mean shit like abercrombie & fitch. their clothes are worse quality than some of the no-name branded clothes out there...-_-
151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / el sobrante, cali...
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

ghosty32 wrote:

for people who think name brand clothes are important.. there often posers or people that try to show off what they're wearing...


i resent that. i dont always buy designer clothing.. but i do sometimes.&&the last thing i am is a poser. i buy stuff because i like how it looks on me, or just the style of it. i admit sometimes i do buy stuff that you can get much cheaper without the brand, but i get it anyway. i know a lot of people like that.

i somewhat agree about the showing off part.. but i dont think buying clothes that cost more means people are posers.
1340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
everything i wear comes from wal-mart
Posted 8/2/07

4ursweetsake wrote:

brand name clothing is somewhat important if you're really like the sociable, popular person at school.. sure, i dont buy like marc jacob jeans or gucci tennis shoes, but i like buying some type of brand name clothing whether it be just plain h&m or coach. if you say youd rather wear market than designer clothing.. you're just plain lying to yourself. because if you could afford it, you'd be on it like that. *snaps fingers* i really cant believe that anyone doesnt care at least a little about brand name clothing.

Ooh i agree with you~ :3
Love H&M.
Most of my clothes are designer; Some from Forever21; then Harajuku Lovers (which is my favorite~); Charlotte Russe; Hollister; Abercrombie; Victoria's Secret PINK!; and such. but, if somethings cute &not designer; I'm up for buying it; haha.
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
yup =) they're usually more stylish
10827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / come find meh~ :3
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
I dont think its important i rather make my own clothes XD
14072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
blah! it doesn't matter..as long as u like wat your wearing.. ^__^
weee..i look awesome in watever clothes i wear..soo brand clothes doesnt matter!
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
t0 all u r-tards this is da interweb spell dont mattta
15376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / At my computer
Offline
Posted 8/10/07

yebinyubin3 wrote:

Are brand-name clothes realy
that emportant?
Nope. Well, I do like Quicksilver shirts and stuff like that, because they have cool designs. But, other than that, not really...

256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
The brand doesn't really matter. If you find pants nearly identical to a popular brand, and is inexpensive compared to it, common sense would tell you to buy the inexpensive one. You're still getting the same product practically. As long as you enjoy the product you're buying, brand doesn't really matter. It's kind-of dispicable to go around saying: "I can't buy that; it's not [Brand]". That's like... shunning all the possibilities. Almost like: "I can't be your friend because you're a [Nerd, Jock etc.]". S'disgusting.
2643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
Some brands may be important, cause you know that they will last a while, and that it's good quality
Posted 8/10/07

n0odle wrote:

t0 all u r-tards this is da interweb spell dont mattta


LOL that's just pure evil haha

sometimes for the quality...but that's all =]
256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/10/07

HannahKri wrote:

Some brands may be important, cause you know that they will last a while, and that it's good quality


Yeah, lol, sorta like how Crayola > Dollar Store Crap 'Pencil Crayons'
But in a sense, if it's the same material, and almost the same design, would you buy the pants that cost 65.00$, or the pants that cost 19.99$? Hrmmm~

7223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
My pants costs 20$-30$ each xD~ wheeee
15333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / KSA
Offline
Posted 8/10/07
Nike is the most important brand name to me. I don't care... wait I DO care that they exploit 3 world countries into cheap slave labour...but still... Nikes cool.
Nokia is an important brand.. yea the Finnish mobile group. It's coo too! Annoying and taking over the world, but still... cool.
What about Jiff? It's become a household brand name. Instead of,
'Hey mum, where's the sink cleaner?'
It's;
'Where da Jiff be?'

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.