First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
A korean Hana Yori Dango in the making!!!!
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08 , edited 2/29/08
Guys! Apparently there is a korean version of Hana Yori Dango in the works! The creator chose Group Eight (the company who produced Goong S and Fantasy Couple) to do the drama. There is no word on who they are going to cast but the company has said they will cast newcomers as well as popular actors as long as they fit the original characters well...

for more info check Javabeans' website at
http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/02/boys-before-flowers-aka-the-korean-hana-yori-dango/#comments

what do you guys think??? who should they cast??

i for one agree with Javabeans that Choi Siwon would make a great Doumyouji (the male lead)


I am actually excited about this!

edit:
i forgot to mention the drama is set to have 24 episodes and air sometime in the second half of 2008 ....
Posted 2/29/08
No way, the better pick a hot cast.

It'd be awesome of Yoon Eun Hye was Makino but I doubt it!
I want Lee Dong Wook as Domyouji
!!!!
im excited
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / london
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
that would be amazing since i loved hana yori dango and since it's in korean that would be even better
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

No way, the better pick a hot cast.

It'd be awesome of Yoon Eun Hye was Makino but I doubt it!
I want Lee Dong Wook as Domyouji
!!!!
im excited


i would love to see her as the lead role too but i doubt that would ever happen. She left Eight Peak after having many problems with them
Posted 2/29/08

ablanco0307 wrote:


O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

No way, the better pick a hot cast.

It'd be awesome of Yoon Eun Hye was Makino but I doubt it!
I want Lee Dong Wook as Domyouji
!!!!
im excited


i would love to see her as the lead role too but i doubt that would ever happen. She left Eight Peak after having many problems with them


That's true. lol
I can't think of any other amazing and gorgeous actresses like her except ofr Song Hye Gyo but she wouldnt ever be in hyd.
lol

759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Brazil
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
really??? hope it will have a good cast... cause i dont really liked the japanese version!! But i m excited to see a korean version!!
Posted 2/29/08
[KDRAMA] Hana Yori Dango
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-112897/Kdrama-Hana-Yori-Dango-.html

pls use search option first.
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

kelda wrote:

really??? hope it will have a good cast... cause i dont really liked the japanese version!! But i m excited to see a korean version!!


i have still to finish watching the japanese version (only saw one episode) and i also didn't really like the cast besides the lead actress and Oguru Shun (sp?)

I am more of a kdrama addict (although i have seen some doramas that i liked), so I am REALLY looking forward to this...i just hope they choose a good cast
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

thefinalword wrote:

[KDRAMA] Hana Yori Dango
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-112897/Kdrama-Hana-Yori-Dango-.html

pls use search option first.


Oops! this is my first time making a thread here
i'll remember to do that next time
5274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Lowell,MA
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
omg no way...i hope they have a good cast like the japanese one except for Jun....i dont like him much...
Posted 2/29/08
it's no big deal ablanco!

we were all new, but welcome to the forums.
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Fairview, QC, PHI
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
I think the Yoon Eun-hye thing is kinda overrated; she's great and all and I love both Goong and Coffee Prince, but it would be better if this is given to a fresh new face, so my dream cast would be (emphasis on "dream"); and also to keep the setting in high school or Uni:

Makino: either Bae Sul Gi or Go Eun Ah (she's U-KNOW's partner on the first episode of Vacation (Cassiopeia) --- what a tearjerker!)
Doumyouji: I agree Choi Siwon would be great He could have that arrogant airiness around him yet looks vulnerable and stubborn
Rui: I may be pulling my leg and an arm to say Kibum would be perfect for the part; intellectual looking, sweet and romantic; but Donghae could give Siwon a run for the heroine's heart
Soujiroh: either Heechul or Eeteuk would be perfect; a pretty guy (remember Vaness Wu and Matsuda Shota played this character and both of them are pretty, pretty boys)
and finally, Akira (the old ladies' man, ): Kangin or Donghae (notice the pattern, eh? this girl is a big SuJu fan)
2556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ~SomEwHEre In YOu...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
Oh my gosh my sister would love it since we are korean and she had to download korean subtitles for the japanese drama!!!!!!!!!~
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 2/29/08

arvidee wrote:

I think the Yoon Eun-hye thing is kinda overrated; she's great and all and I love both Goong and Coffee Prince, but it would be better if this is given to a fresh new face, so my dream cast would be (emphasis on "dream"); and also to keep the setting in high school or Uni:

Makino: either Bae Sul Gi or Go Eun Ah (she's U-KNOW's partner on the first episode of Vacation (Cassiopeia) --- what a tearjerker!)
Doumyouji: I agree Choi Siwon would be great He could have that arrogant airiness around him yet looks vulnerable and stubborn
Rui: I may be pulling my leg and an arm to say Kibum would be perfect for the part; intellectual looking, sweet and romantic; but Donghae could give Siwon a run for the heroine's heart
Soujiroh: either Heechul or Eeteuk would be perfect; a pretty guy (remember Vaness Wu and Matsuda Shota played this character and both of them are pretty, pretty boys)
and finally, Akira (the old ladies' man, ): Kangin or Donghae (notice the pattern, eh? this girl is a big SuJu fan)


HAHAHA! you are such a SuJu fan lol..

hhmm...as much as the SuJu guys are fun to watch, i don't think i would want to watch a drama with all of them in it

Many of them still need to do a lot of work to improve their acting. Siwon on the other hand did a great job in 18 vs 29, Legend of Hyang Dan and Spring Waltz. His character in 18 vs 29 and even in their Pinup Boys movie were similar to Doumyouji so i think he would be able to pull it off well. When he is serious he looks so arrogant and like an a*hole but once he flashes that smile of his, he makes you go goo-ga-ga over him lol...

BUT since this is the dream cast of a fan girl, not bad! i can see why you chose them for those roles
29186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Europe
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
OMG.... I can't wait! HYG Jap movie AND a whole new Korean version all out this year! What a treat!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.