First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Transsexuals
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/07 , edited 8/2/07
(I did not see another thread like this, but it seems like a common topic so if there is one please delete this one.)

In this world one of the most walked upon and shunned of all groups are transsexuals. Now, this is not like sexism or racism. This is simply people choosing to shun other people according to their -actions-. People who choose to transfer their sexes.

Now, mind you, I still do not completely agree with this prejudice against them. I wont lie. I find it utterly abhorrent and cannot even begin to comprehend why somebody would want to do that to themselves. I’m a feminine dude, and I hate macho crap, but that still disgusts me. None the less it -is- there bodies. Unlike abortion their not murdering anybody, so I could care less what they are doing. Just so long as they don’t try and A. Force it on me. B. Continuously shove it down my throat or C. Try and seduce me without telling me that they used to be dudes. (That is screwed up and I’ll end up in prison if a dude, cuz for me you are what you are born rather you like it, look it, or not, did that too me.)

Anyway, what are your opinions on the matter? Hopefully this will actually be a debate, unlike my previous thread. I must request that if you post your opinion in here you also read other peoples opinions. Let us try and look at this from different view points.

I do not think it is fair to judge transvestites and transsexuals the way the world does. None of us are perfect, and given their circumstances who is to say we would not act the same way? Many of them say they feel as though they were born wrong sex. I think its an abomination of nature to change your sex, especially for such a simple reason.

None the less if people judged me for all the mistakes I have made then I would have been murdered ages ago. Moreover, not everybody feels the same way as I do. Some people don’t see anything wrong with having your gender changed surgically, and they are welcome to that belief. I’m not going to sit here and ostracize somebody for choosing to live their life in a way different than I do. As long as it does not effect me it is none of my concern.

I look forward to your comments, opinions, and maybe even a happy debate.
42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
I have no porblem with transsexuals or transvestites.
*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Ok... rocky horror moment over.

I have always believed that people should be true to themselves.
However... i've seen some men who can walk a hell of a lot better in 4" heels than i can.
So more power to 'em.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
I have some deep thoughts on this matter, but not concerning the wrong or right of changing your gender, I don't care about that much.

I always wondered, what does a lesbian transvestite do? And how about gay tomboys? They must be out there >.<
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

Dusterbayala wrote:

I have no porblem with transsexuals or transvestites.
*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Ok... rocky horror moment over.

I have always believed that people should be true to themselves.
However... i've seen some men who can walk a hell of a lot better in 4" heels than i can.
So more power to 'em.



My God I think I love you! “I’m making myself a man, with blond hair and a tan. And he’s good for relieving my…tension!” Franken Furter is the friking best transvestite every! So “Let’s do the time warp agaaaiin.” :P

Anyhow, that’s a good point. But do you honestly think that changing who you are is being true to yourself? Maybe mentally and emotionally, but it’s the exact opposite physical. It’s like not being happy with what you were born with, in my opinion.
27727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
haha ^ nice i have no idea and i dont care if people change there gender as long as they stay relativly far away from me XD
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
Those of you that know me well probably know by now that I have a particular fondness for transsexuals. :3

Back in high school, I wrote a paper on Transgender rights. It was, quite possibly, the paper I enjoyed writing the most.

Erm, I should point out to you, though, that the term transvestite & transsexual isn't always interchangeable. Not all transvestites are transsexuals. In many cases, a transvestite (more commonly known as a cross-dresser) is heterosexual.


Dusterbayala wrote:

*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"


Now that song is stuck in my head. Thank you.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
Well if I sounded very open minded in other threads, I probably won't sound too open minded here. Seriously, I too am not a fan of sex changes. I mean seriously if you're gay why the hell do you want to change your gender? YOU ARE GAY or in some cases you are actually straight but!! You are not a straight female >.<... blah. I mean seriously I find it soo wrong to change your gender like that. And I'm totally against the ones with bad surgery. God damn it if you're going to sex change to a female the least you can do is try to the last penny you have to make you look like an actual female. I mean how can these people happily look like obvious transexuals? It's absurd. But eh... I'd rather them in their male form than a bad excuse for a female. I mean if I had to choose between a obvious transexual female, and a normal male. I'd go for the male, seriously... >.<.

My hatred is mostly towards the fact most of them have bad surgery..... if they somehow get better surgery I'd probably be fine with it. :3
42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

SeraphAlford wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:

I have no porblem with transsexuals or transvestites.
*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Ok... rocky horror moment over.

I have always believed that people should be true to themselves.
However... i've seen some men who can walk a hell of a lot better in 4" heels than i can.
So more power to 'em.



My God I think I love you! “I’m making myself a man, with blond hair and a tan. And he’s good for relieving my…tension!” Franken Furter is the friking best transvestite every! So “Let’s do the time warp agaaaiin.” :P

Anyhow, that’s a good point. But do you honestly think that changing who you are is being true to yourself? Maybe mentally and emotionally, but it’s the exact opposite physical. It’s like not being happy with what you were born with, in my opinion.


think about this... i've seen it in books and movies and tv shows.. but i know it's for real.
A child is born. As a hermaphrodite.
The parents have that moment to choose with sex the child is.
they pick a boy.
well fast forward 12 years.
the child is going through puberty and starts liking other boys.
But feels "wrong" somehow.
That child can either be a woman, like his parents should have chose a long time ago, or can feel compeltely alone and frustrated.
I think it would be better for the child, if they became a woman, don't you think?
That's being true to themselves.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

Dusterbayala wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:

I have no porblem with transsexuals or transvestites.
*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Ok... rocky horror moment over.

I have always believed that people should be true to themselves.
However... i've seen some men who can walk a hell of a lot better in 4" heels than i can.
So more power to 'em.



My God I think I love you! “I’m making myself a man, with blond hair and a tan. And he’s good for relieving my…tension!” Franken Furter is the friking best transvestite every! So “Let’s do the time warp agaaaiin.” :P

Anyhow, that’s a good point. But do you honestly think that changing who you are is being true to yourself? Maybe mentally and emotionally, but it’s the exact opposite physical. It’s like not being happy with what you were born with, in my opinion.


think about this... i've seen it in books and movies and tv shows.. but i know it's for real.
A child is born. As a hermaphrodite.
The parents have that moment to choose with sex the child is.
they pick a boy.
well fast forward 12 years.
the child is going through puberty and starts liking other boys.
But feels "wrong" somehow.
That child can either be a woman, like his parents should have chose a long time ago, or can feel compeltely alone and frustrated.
I think it would be better for the child, if they became a woman, don't you think?
That's being true to themselves.


Well, maybe given those circumstances, but what about all the others. Hermaphrodite are sometimes born, but its rare. Also, if you change their sex then their bodies should operate accordingly. If not then the doctors have not done their job properly. As I understand it, anyway. I may be wrong.

Still, I’ll go ahead and say in those very rare instances it is being true to yourself. But what about all the others?

Now mind you (Warning religious and moral nuts, I am about to use -real- terminology. Not trying to be perverted, but rather mature. Thought it would be fare to warn you so you don’t have to read my smut if you don’t want too.) All children start out female. The clit eventually turns into a penis and then they are born later on. So this may explain (though I seriously doubt it, because there is no biological or scientific evidence of this at all. [though there are statistics, as most people who change their gender start out male]) why men want to change back to women. However, what about women into men. This does happen, and there seems to be no real excuse for either way. (Mind you I mean an excuse to argue that they are being true to themselves-which is the major defense brought up by trans’ during debates about their rights.)
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

SeraphAlford wrote:


lokita wrote:

Those of you that know me well probably know by now that I have a particular fondness for transsexuals. :3

Back in high school, I wrote a paper on Transgender rights. It was, quite possibly, the paper I enjoyed writing the most.

Erm, I should point out to you, though, that the term transvestite & transsexual isn't always interchangeable. Not all transvestites are transsexuals. In many cases, a transvestite (more commonly known as a cross-dresser) is heterosexual.


Dusterbayala wrote:

*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"


Now that song is stuck in my head. Thank you.



They are never changeable. They mean different things.


Transsexual: 1. somebody whose sex is surgically changed: somebody who has undergone surgical and hormonal treatment to change his or her anatomical sex

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Transvestite: somebody who dresses like the opposite sex: somebody who habitually or frequently adopts the dress and often the behavior of the opposite sex
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Anyway…why exactly are you fond of people who change their sex? What rights do you think they do and do not have? For example: Do you think that somebody who has changed their sex has the right to have intercourse with somebody of the sex they used to be without telling said person?

If you say yes then what about the unfortunate victims rights?

If you say no, then isn’t that discrimination? When a man sleeps with a natural born woman she is not expected to betray all her personal and passed secrets. So why should a trans?



I'll say no, because it may be against that person's religion. And even though I'm not a fan of religion it's still too cruel to do that to any religious person.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 8/2/07
funny story, i was walking past a clothes outlet when i saw a figure standing at the front and i go to my friend, " it looks like a guy but dressed as a girl," tbh i thought it was a manikin but it turned out to be a dude and he just stared at me as a walked past, freaky shit.
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

SeraphAlford wrote:
They mean different things.

..exactly. I'm just confused as to why you decided to mention transvestites in a transsexuals thread.


Anyway…why exactly are you fond of people who change their sex?

yay fetishes.


What rights do you think they do and do not have? For example: Do you think that somebody who has changed their sex has the right to have intercourse with somebody of the sex they used to be without telling said person?

If you say yes then what about the unfortunate victims rights?

If you say no, then isn’t that discrimination? When a man sleeps with a natural born woman she is not expected to betray all her personal and passed secrets. So why should a trans?


Personally, I don't feel that it should even be considered an issue. They're regular human beings just like you & me. However, society feels that they shouldn't be treated as equals and therefore shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else.

"unfortunate victims"? What the fuck.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

HokiePokie wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


lokita wrote:

Those of you that know me well probably know by now that I have a particular fondness for transsexuals. :3

Back in high school, I wrote a paper on Transgender rights. It was, quite possibly, the paper I enjoyed writing the most.

Erm, I should point out to you, though, that the term transvestite & transsexual isn't always interchangeable. Not all transvestites are transsexuals. In many cases, a transvestite (more commonly known as a cross-dresser) is heterosexual.


Dusterbayala wrote:

*sings* 'cause i'm a sweet transvestite... from transexual... transalvaaaaaaaaannnnnnniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"


Now that song is stuck in my head. Thank you.



They are never changeable. They mean different things.


Transsexual: 1. somebody whose sex is surgically changed: somebody who has undergone surgical and hormonal treatment to change his or her anatomical sex

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Transvestite: somebody who dresses like the opposite sex: somebody who habitually or frequently adopts the dress and often the behavior of the opposite sex
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


Anyway…why exactly are you fond of people who change their sex? What rights do you think they do and do not have? For example: Do you think that somebody who has changed their sex has the right to have intercourse with somebody of the sex they used to be without telling said person?

If you say yes then what about the unfortunate victims rights?

If you say no, then isn’t that discrimination? When a man sleeps with a natural born woman she is not expected to betray all her personal and passed secrets. So why should a trans?



I'll say no, because it may be against that person's religion. And even though I'm not a fan of religion it's still too cruel to do that to any religious person.


Brief but off topic question: What do you have against people having a belief in a higher being? If you meant the morals preached in religion that’s opinion. It may be said that the higher being they believe in feels the same way, and might thus encourage their opinion, but it still comes down to moral opinion decided by the person. Anyway, most atheists have some beliefs that are technically religious. If you count in morality like that (the religious person finding it morally wrong to sleep with somebody who used to be the same sex as them) then that’s pretty much 99% of all atheists right there.

Back on topic: It’s against most religions to be having sex outside of marriage at all. So do you still think its fair to say a trans has to give their personal information out before having sex? (Mind you, anybody who has sex with anybody without getting personal information first is A. A slut [male or female! I hate when people act like men can’t be sluts cuz they can!] and B. Probably has S.T.Ds)

Edit:

"unfortunate victims"? What the fuck.


Think of it like this: A man has AIDs. He sleeps with a woman and then tells her later, after she finds out she has it. He already knew before the sex. Don't you think she's his victim? (If nothing else she is a victim of aids.)

Honestly I do find that it would be taking advantage of somebody’s ignorance to have sex with them without letting them know you used to be the same sex as they were, (at least give them a chance to be okay with it) or (as in my example) having sex with somebody without telling them you have a deadly STD.

I was (as I hate to admit, but have done so here before) Molested when I was little. I felt jaded and sick. I would prefer to have AIDS then to go through that again. That is also how I would feel if, (God forbid) something such as the situation I mentioned prior happened to me.

42013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Fort Meade, MD
Offline
Posted 8/2/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Back on topic: It’s against most religions to be having sex outside of marriage at all. So do you still think its fair to say a trans has to give their personal information out before having sex? (Mind you, anybody who has sex with anybody without getting personal information first is A. A slut [male or female! I hate when people act like men can’t be sluts cuz they can!] and B. Probably has S.T.Ds)

How does that figure?
I've had TONS of "premarital sex" and NOT ONCE have i EVER gotten an STD.
And just because i grew up in a "free love" environment and don't place such strict standards on sex and sexual relationships as someone who comes from an extremely conservative background, does NOT mean i'm a slut!
You go on talking about labels, yet YOU USE THEM! how wrong is that!

On topic:
The world unfortunately will not accept these people simply because there is too few of them, and they tend to stay as a very small subculture.
so... they can do what they want.
That's my two cents....

8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/2/07


Brief but off topic question: What do you have against people having a belief in a higher being? If you meant the morals preached in religion that’s opinion. It may be said that the higher being they believe in feels the same way, and might thus encourage their opinion, but it still comes down to moral opinion decided by the person. Anyway, most atheists have some beliefs that are technically religious. If you count in morality like that (the religious person finding it morally wrong to sleep with somebody who used to be the same sex as them) then that’s pretty much 99% of all atheists right there.

Back on topic: It’s against most religions to be having sex outside of marriage at all. So do you still think its fair to say a trans has to give their personal information out before having sex? (Mind you, anybody who has sex with anybody without getting personal information first is A. A slut [male or female! I hate when people act like men can’t be sluts cuz they can!] and B. Probably has S.T.Ds)


I just find it harsh to do so many "good deed" and not doing "bad" stuff just to not go to hell. I mean it is indeed wrong to kill, but it's not a "bad" thing just because you'll go to hell because of it. Although not all think that way, some do. I'm not the type to flame religions and go "HAHA GOD DOESN'T EXIST MOFO'S" (not anymore that is.. if you ever considered me one.) And the fact is I find it wrong to have sex with a person (while you're a transexual) and not telling them, is because the person would be hurt to find out that person is a transexual, and we all know loads of people are religious. And of course the person's image of transexuals will also go down along with it (even though I'm not a fan of them either, it's still a bad thing for other transexuals.) It's just really cruel to have sex with someone's who's beliefs are against transexuals, and them finding it AFTER you had sex.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.