First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Polls
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/1/08

goldenmegazx wrote:


AHTL wrote:


goldenmegazx wrote:

it was pretty good to begin with!! but now they're just getting ridiculous!! so many naruto/bleach polls have been popping up!! and many versus threads as well....I hope the mods can do something soon.

can you report polls or not?


You just report the maker of the poll, same thing ;)

But reporting one or two makers won't solve the problem.



yeah! I know....but it's a start...I think...




Good point, since I doubt the poll spammers bother making another one if their first one got locked.. Or am I wrong at this assumption?
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 3/1/08

AHTL wrote:


goldenmegazx wrote:


AHTL wrote:


goldenmegazx wrote:

it was pretty good to begin with!! but now they're just getting ridiculous!! so many naruto/bleach polls have been popping up!! and many versus threads as well....I hope the mods can do something soon.

can you report polls or not?


You just report the maker of the poll, same thing ;)

But reporting one or two makers won't solve the problem.



yeah! I know....but it's a start...I think...




Good point, since I doubt the poll spammers bother making another one if their first one got locked.. Or am I wrong at this assumption?


no, it really depends on the user..some might stop but others go about making another pointless poll/thread, or saying why their thread was locked. and if worse comes to worse they flame at the mod who locked it (like the mauz incident that happend awhile back)
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/1/08

goldenmegazx wrote:


AHTL wrote:



Good point, since I doubt the poll spammers bother making another one if their first one got locked.. Or am I wrong at this assumption?


no, it really depends on the user..some might stop but others go about making another pointless poll/thread, or saying why their thread was locked. and if worse comes to worse they flame at the mod who locked it (like the mauz incident that happend awhile back)


What incident was that? Was it the incident where a user was making tons of topics saying rather negative things to Mauz?
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 3/1/08

AHTL wrote:


goldenmegazx wrote:


AHTL wrote:



Good point, since I doubt the poll spammers bother making another one if their first one got locked.. Or am I wrong at this assumption?


no, it really depends on the user..some might stop but others go about making another pointless poll/thread, or saying why their thread was locked. and if worse comes to worse they flame at the mod who locked it (like the mauz incident that happend awhile back)


What incident was that? Was it the incident where a user was making tons of topics saying rather negative things to Mauz?



yeah!
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/1/08
Some people.....
29511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/1/08
I don't think increasing the amount of points required will really do much, there are tons of how to say..."stupid" people with over 1000 points, even over 5000 points. Being dumb, they tend to post a lot of pointless replies <~ Which could be considered spam.

I've seen numerous threads that ask "Which one is best" with suggestions mostly Naruto, Bleach, etc. Anyways, theres really no room for discussion. Well, there is, but you might notice that the large amount of people voting are Narutards. And we all know what their like, they'll just type up something like: Naruto! or I voted for Naruto!! as a reply. With absolutely no evidence as in why its the "best." For some freaky reason poll starters sometimes just put: Vote and post what you voted for. <~ Isn't that practically spamming? O_O

Anyways, I think either the poll feature gets it's own section or it be removed forever.
4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 3/1/08
I don't like the polls. I don't think we should even have it. ):
37756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / アメリカ
Offline
Posted 3/1/08
If I had anything to do with it I wouldnt make a poll on this forum at all. It only call for stupidity and only fills the forum with useless information that either has nothing to do with the relevancy of the site or the topic in discussion.
9823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
aceeasi Londra
Offline
Posted 3/1/08
burn the polls!!!!! death to the polls!!!!!!!!
now let's be serious....that 5000 CR points suggestion it's a good one...i vote for it!!!!!!!!
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/1/08

alexya4u wrote:

burn the polls!!!!! death to the polls!!!!!!!!
now let's be serious....that 5000 CR points suggestion it's a good one...i vote for it!!!!!!!!


Lets make a poll about it! (image just to show that I was trying to be ironic)

welook 
17499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 3/1/08
there needs to be a limit on polls. noobs are abusing them so its spam and dupilcates
9823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
aceeasi Londra
Offline
Posted 3/1/08

AHTL wrote:


alexya4u wrote:

burn the polls!!!!! death to the polls!!!!!!!!
now let's be serious....that 5000 CR points suggestion it's a good one...i vote for it!!!!!!!!


Lets make a poll about it! (image just to show that I was trying to be ironic)



are u picking a quarrel?
tell me so i can prepare me
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/1/08

alexya4u wrote:


are u picking a quarrel?
tell me so i can prepare me


Was being.. sarcastic to my own suggestion, or ironic, I don't know I forgot the difference between the two.
9823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
aceeasi Londra
Offline
Posted 3/1/08

AHTL wrote:


alexya4u wrote:


are u picking a quarrel?
tell me so i can prepare myself


Was being.. sarcastic to my own suggestion, or ironic, I don't know I forgot the difference between the two.


okey....now the big question...is....should we make a poll about it...i'll be the first to vote
let's do it ..i'll cheat by voting many times if it must to
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 3/1/08

alexya4u wrote:


AHTL wrote:


alexya4u wrote:


are u picking a quarrel?
tell me so i can prepare myself


Was being.. sarcastic to my own suggestion, or ironic, I don't know I forgot the difference between the two.


okey....now the big question...is....should we make a poll about it...i'll be the first to vote
let's do it ..i'll cheat by voting many times if it must to


I'd prefer not unless one of the moderators made the ironic poll. Otherwise it would be just spam / duplicate / etc
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.