First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Beauty & Sex Appeal
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/07
Well in my opinion being sexy and beautiful are too completely different things.


For me beauty is something that goes more than skin deep. Of course there is a piece of physical appearance to it, but I feel that beauty requires a certain resplendency in personality too. A girl who is truly beautiful does not have to dress in skimpy attires to draw attention. She’s a natural belle. The sort of girl that you’d see and admire without an impure thought in your mind. These are the kind of girls that I’m personally attracted too. (Mainly because I have such an overly active sex drive that I’ve actually made myself sick of perverted attractions. I’m a combination of old fashioned and new fashioned so I believe in respecting women as superiors while knowing they are equals. Hard to explain. Anyway, I literal get sick to my stomach whenever I see a…physically arousing thing these days. I hate being a teenager… -_-)

Beauty is what you might see in innocence, or a pregnant woman. (I hate when people say pregnant women are sexy! Makes me sick! I hate thinking of pregnant women that way! Just me though, you’re all welcome to your freaky fetishes. :p)

Now sexy is a form of attractiveness, but a less appealing one. (in my opinion.) Being sexy, or hot, is having a sensually consuming appearance. For me its skin deep. I mean there are things women (I don’t find teenage girls sexy. My sex drive is driven towards adult women only. Although I prefer the pixy face of a girl my age to that of a grown woman’s. Typically.)

Some people, however, get mad at me for saying that. They say that they are the same thing and that I’m just objectifying some women while putting others on a pedestal. Some say they are the same thing and others say that they are only slightly different and still others say that they are different but a truly beautiful girl is also sexy and a truly sexy girl is also beautiful.

I disagree with all of those. I think there is a major difference, and I find innocence and naiveté beautiful but experience sexy. That’s my opinion and my view on it, I’m sure, but what do you think? If you do think they are different, which do you prefer and why?

(For girls just replace beauty with handsome! :p.)

Technical Definitions, ignoring connotations:

Beautiful- 1. pleasing to the senses: very pleasing and impressive to listen to, touch, or especially to look at
2. excellent: very good or enjoyable
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Sexy- 1. arousing desire: arousing or intended to arouse sexual desire
2. aroused: sexually aroused
3. appealing: appealing especially because of being new, interesting, or trendy
Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

P.S- In my opinion women should all be lesbians because men can be neither beautiful or sexy. They're just hairy and awkward. XD
Posted 8/4/07
actually I don't have much hair.. especially on my chest.

cant defend myself on the awkward part though.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/07
Lol. Maybe I should make that hairy or akward.
1075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/07
Beauty > Sexy

There is a difference.

Anyone remember the Seinfield episode with naked men vs naked woman? Naked women is beauty and naked men is hairy. Hilarious!
24645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 横浜市
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
Beauty and sex appeal are different things, and while beauty is more profound, both are equally enjoyable.

Also sex appeal is not as shallow as you think. Sex appeal is more than just looks, it's personality, body language as well as a killer body.

The difference is, I can find a woman who I hate sexy, but in order to find someone beautiful you need to like the whole person.
349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
As an artist who has painted many nudes, in class and out, of both men and women I have found that the people I choose to paint or draw are beautiful, but I am rarely sexually attracted to them. Sexual attraction for me tends to be inspired by so many aspects of a person, and I'm actually not saying that I would have to feel real affection of love. Their voice, face mannerisms, cloths, and body type all matter; but, above all, they have to be intriguing or interesting too. Many of the men I have dated were not classically handsome, but I still found myself incredibly attracted to them. A handsome man without those qualities, inspires no sexual interest in me, although I can appreciate their beauty in the same way I appreciate a beautiful sculpture: Nice to look at, but I certainly feel no desire to go to bed with it
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/07

lamorgue83 wrote:

iner beuty is beter than any beauty on my opinion


They are tied together in my opinion. I think physical beauty is like a natural talent, so to speak. People always try and devalue it, but then these same people go and admire somebody for being natural smart. Anyway, I’ve come to learn that people who are insecure with the way they look (90% of whom are actually ugly, as most of us ugly people are insecure) are bitter and prejudiced against people they find attractive. As a result they make bad partners and thus mitigate their ‘inner beauty.’ Whereas a girl who’s beautiful and knows it (but isn’t arrogant about it) is secure in herself and thus doesn’t take her insecurities out on other people. In other words are cultures are so harsh on people who are physically repugnant that they become emotionally abhorrent.


orangemaen wrote:

Beauty and sex appeal are different things, and while beauty is more profound, both are equally enjoyable.

Also sex appeal is not as shallow as you think. Sex appeal is more than just looks, it's personality, body language as well as a killer body.

The difference is, I can find a woman who I hate sexy, but in order to find someone beautiful you need to like the whole person.


Yeah, I guess there is some psychology involved in sex appeal to. I utterly despise my ex and she’s really ugly, but because she was the first chick that I ever even came close to having some kind of sexual relations with there’s just been something about her that’s stuck with me. Even though I knew she was ugly when I dated her I can’t help but find some sensual satiety with her on my mind.


Stephanie1979 wrote:

As an artist who has painted many nudes, in class and out, of both men and women I have found that the people I choose to paint or draw are beautiful, but I am rarely sexually attracted to them. Sexual attraction for me tends to be inspired by so many aspects of a person, and I'm actually not saying that I would have to feel real affection of love. Their voice, face mannerisms, cloths, and body type all matter; but, above all, they have to be intriguing or interesting too. Many of the men I have dated were not classically handsome, but I still found myself incredibly attracted to them. A handsome man without those qualities, inspires no sexual interest in me, although I can appreciate their beauty in the same way I appreciate a beautiful sculpture: Nice to look at, but I certainly feel no desire to go to bed with it



Ah! I’m happy to see not only a female perspective but an artists as well. I completely agree with you. I’ve seen women pose naked for art, and although it is difficult (as a hormone jaded teen) for me to allow myself to properly admire this from a mature standpoint I do know very well that there are women out there that I admire as beautiful without wanting to sleep with.

Actually, call me racist, but in my opinion this is something that runs in Japanese women. For my taste anyway. Their often very petite with small chests, it seems, (not in anime of course) and although I find this artistically appealing I’m not often driving to sexually desire them.

Anyway if beauty and sex appeal are the same thing then I’m a pedophile. I find children’s bodies to be magnificently beautiful, though I’ve never actually been sexually attracted to them. (Innocence is something that was stolen from me at a very young age, and ever sense I’ve only been able to admire it as something to be cherished and defended.)

Something I must wonder though, you really find their voice to be attractive? I've heard a few women mention this, but I can't help but wonder if this is a part of the female psyche because I’ve never had that and don’t understand it. Whenever girls have tried to…‘talk sexy’ to me I simply find it annoying and fake. (Like those phone sex commercials. That crap annoys me.) What exactly about a voice do you find sexy or beautiful? Are there any guys out there who find voices attractive?

Anyway, thanks for that wonderful comments. I'm happy to find a mature comments here on CR.
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UT, USA
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
Beuty > Sexy

Though I can't deny that Sexy is nice, I've always looked past the apperences of others. I've always been attracted to people with beutiful souls much more than looks: something I concider a blessing. After all, I'm so extremly happy whenever I'm dating someone. Their inner beuty turns me on AND I get to enjoy their personality. XD
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / france
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
To me there's a difference between beauty and sex appeal!! I'm not beautiful!! But one says i'm pretty, i've got a nice face, things like that!! And they say I have tones of sex appeal!!
For me to be sexy is better because you don't count on your hair or lips or physical things that will change with time...you count on the way you talk, act, feel; resent things!! that rocks!!
Posted 8/5/07
I think celebrities try too hard with the sex appeal, plain beauty is underrated. When you look at what people wear on the red carpet, its mainly about how much cleavage you can show, and how see through or non-existant the dresses are. This is because everything has to look sexy. Regular fashion also imitates this.

People from the UK may recognise the show 'What not to wear' with Trinny and Susanah, personally I think they give good advice sometimes, but for every single person they give advice to, its always about how to make them more sexy. Doesnt matter whether the person they are talking to is 70+, whatever they wear has to look sexy. Whats wrong with just looking beautiful?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/07

yue-lie wrote:

To me there's a difference between beauty and sex appeal!! I'm not beautiful!! But one says i'm pretty, i've got a nice face, things like that!! And they say I have tones of sex appeal!!
For me to be sexy is better because you don't count on your hair or lips or physical things that will change with time...you count on the way you talk, act, feel; resent things!! that rocks!!


Oh, trust me, sexy -does- fade with age. Much faster than beauty. As a matter of a fact it is not as rare as one might think to have beauty and age at the same time. The form of beauty simply changes. There was a wonderful description of this process in Les Miserables….

Anyway, I got to tell you… That chick in your avatar needs to put on some cloths cuz she’s hideous. -_-


Trivium wrote:

I think celebrities try too hard with the sex appeal, plain beauty is underrated. When you look at what people wear on the red carpet, its mainly about how much cleavage you can show, and how see through or non-existant the dresses are. This is because everything has to look sexy. Regular fashion also imitates this.

People from the UK may recognise the show 'What not to wear' with Trinny and Susanah, personally I think they give good advice sometimes, but for every single person they give advice to, its always about how to make them more sexy. Doesnt matter whether the person they are talking to is 70+, whatever they wear has to look sexy. Whats wrong with just looking beautiful?


I agree. Oh, by the way, I live in America and What not to Wear comes on here too. Though, I have no idea who the hosts are. I don’t watch that junk.
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / US
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
Note to self:
Don't make pithy summaries of others posts, they tend to take that amiss...
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
Edited:

...What the? *giggles at post above* I take it the mod came in and didn’t like that post or… Well, I was never offended or anything.

596 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Benton, Arkansas
Offline
Posted 8/5/07
beauty>sexy
ive gone out with girls that looked good but because of their attitude or personality became very ugly to me. it dont matter how good they look if the got a sucky personality they can still make you missrable
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
Beauty. I have this tendency to imagine people as how they would look like older and further down the road like maybe 30 years after and only after that or based on that i make my decision.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.