First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Whats your turbo setup?
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/12/08
Any body have a roll cage setup in their cars? Im looking at the S&W roll cages and just wondering if anybody had them. Thats pretty much my next mod. I'll be welding the cage in myself and but im going to try and hide it as much as possible. Keeping it as close to the body as possible. Also contemplating if I want to go with a 8pt or a 10 pt. With the 10pt being much harder to hide but safer.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / california
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

lasthope05 wrote:

Any body have a roll cage setup in their cars? Im looking at the S&W roll cages and just wondering if anybody had them. Thats pretty much my next mod. I'll be welding the cage in myself and but im going to try and hide it as much as possible. Keeping it as close to the body as possible. Also contemplating if I want to go with a 8pt or a 10 pt. With the 10pt being much harder to hide but safer.




ill take a picture with all my cars soon (when i get my camera back from ex gf) i have a cusco 6-point, i also got an xpiece welded and powdercoated, with the cusco os triangle strut bar, i also have a uhmmm i forget? what iw as called...its like a strutbar that goes on the floor of the rear seats across the car, ill take pics
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

yangss14 wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:

Any body have a roll cage setup in their cars? Im looking at the S&W roll cages and just wondering if anybody had them. Thats pretty much my next mod. I'll be welding the cage in myself and but im going to try and hide it as much as possible. Keeping it as close to the body as possible. Also contemplating if I want to go with a 8pt or a 10 pt. With the 10pt being much harder to hide but safer.




ill take a picture with all my cars soon (when i get my camera back from ex gf) i have a cusco 6-point, i also got an xpiece welded and powdercoated, with the cusco os triangle strut bar, i also have a uhmmm i forget? what iw as called...its like a strutbar that goes on the floor of the rear seats across the car, ill take pics


Did you get the 6pt so you can have rear passengers? And the x piece you are talking about are the x beams for the doors right? I dont really understand what you are trying to explain you have. Any pics you have would be nice.

I wanted to opt for a 8pt for structural rigidity. A 6pt doesnt exactly mount onto the actual center frame piece where as the 8pt does. Also in a 6pt i've seen people roll over and the main hoop busting out of the bottom because its only thin gauge sheet metal there.
850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / california
Offline
Posted 3/14/08

lasthope05 wrote:


yangss14 wrote:


lasthope05 wrote:

Any body have a roll cage setup in their cars? Im looking at the S&W roll cages and just wondering if anybody had them. Thats pretty much my next mod. I'll be welding the cage in myself and but im going to try and hide it as much as possible. Keeping it as close to the body as possible. Also contemplating if I want to go with a 8pt or a 10 pt. With the 10pt being much harder to hide but safer.




ill take a picture with all my cars soon (when i get my camera back from ex gf) i have a cusco 6-point, i also got an xpiece welded and powdercoated, with the cusco os triangle strut bar, i also have a uhmmm i forget? what iw as called...its like a strutbar that goes on the floor of the rear seats across the car, ill take pics


Did you get the 6pt so you can have rear passengers? And the x piece you are talking about are the x beams for the doors right? I dont really understand what you are trying to explain you have. Any pics you have would be nice.

I wanted to opt for a 8pt for structural rigidity. A 6pt doesnt exactly mount onto the actual center frame piece where as the 8pt does. Also in a 6pt i've seen people roll over and the main hoop busting out of the bottom because its only thin gauge sheet metal there.


no its a x bar that goes in the rear hatch area connected to frame/rolcage and custom bar with bracket for camera, and i got it when i was kinda dding my car so yah...i cant get a hold of my ex so i cant get camera...yah idk i just got it cause spur of the moment? lol sounded cheap so i got it lol
Posted 3/14/08
wow you people know your stuff...however, dont know all the specs what you have mentioned, got a 56 plate suzuki swift, 2 litre v-vti engine with a few engine mods, such as k and n air filters and induction kits, dump vales, been lower, soften suspension, tints, sub and amp, air intection pump, thats about it.
Posted 3/14/08

MarshallCarnage wrote:

Unfortunately I live in Britain, insurance cripples us, especially if you're under 21. £3,300 on a VW Golf GTI 1.4 (Roughly $6,000 US) a year. With no mods and keeping it in a garage.
On private land I drove my friends black Ford Granada Mark I , with an MG 3.5l engine (V8) and left hand drive. It was a beast.
I should be driving in about a year, it's just hard to afford it and it'll only be a piddly VW or Fiat.


in it mate, i remember paying over £2,000 insurance for a fiat punto when i was 18...this country is a fucking rip off and it hurt my pocket
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/13/08
Hmm..I guess I'll bump this thread all back to the top to see if any new members here have anything they would like to share about their setups.
Posted 11/15/08
dun need turbo for street driving hahah. plus my car doesnt take turbo...
1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/16/08 , edited 11/16/08
This isnt solely about turbo setups. Its pretty much any setup you would like to share. NA, SC, TC, or motors setup to run juice.
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 11/17/08

lasthope05 wrote:

This isnt solely about turbo setups. Its pretty much any setup you would like to share. NA, SC, TC, or motors setup to run juice.


Oh well,

We got a VY SS. LS1 Engine with moderate sized cam, MAFless tune, OTR, I think its 3 in to 2 1/2 exhaust and a few others. Our V2 Monaro is just MAFless tune, OTR and 3" exhaust.

1108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/18/08
Mafless tune. I see that you have mad the switch over to speed density. What type of ems are you running to do that. What was your main reason for switching to a full speed density setup in the first place? I am very curious as I know the GM 3" and 3.5" mafs work both in drawthru and blowthru setups and are hardly ever overrun by the average person. The only other thing I can even remotely see a problem with them is the clamped baro and iat.
2703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / WA
Offline
Posted 11/18/08

lasthope05 wrote:

Mafless tune. I see that you have mad the switch over to speed density. What type of ems are you running to do that. What was your main reason for switching to a full speed density setup in the first place? I am very curious as I know the GM 3" and 3.5" mafs work both in drawthru and blowthru setups and are hardly ever overrun by the average person. The only other thing I can even remotely see a problem with them is the clamped baro and iat.


When Holden brought out their LS1 engine range, they put computers and tunes that when you compared it to a MAFless tune were actually harsher on your fuel consumption. These 2 are not my but my brother and step dads. Mine will most likely be an LS2 if I get my way...so I'm not so sure. I'll ask my brother for his setup in about 20 minutes, got some calls to make anyway. The main reason though is because they were set up for larger cam conversions. I think the VY lacks a proper stall converter but our old VX r8 before it was written off like a 3000 Stall and was about to have a huge cam put in. But as I said, I'll have to ask what set ups they both have.

But they are a joy to drive after the tune anyway...a bit more power when you put your foot down, but when you have the power button on switching to 2nd gear sometimes causes to wheels to slip...dunno why.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.