First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
British Slang
Posted 3/2/08
damn man...i was looking forward to something good...but all of that is just olllld....never hear any of it anymore
5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
You forgot Twat.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

noodles1631 wrote:


ailin350 wrote:

nope, I haven't got a microphone. lolz, We say "friend" not "mate" or "lad"..
Well, Canadians say "youR mOooM"


oh haha i seriously start laughing badly when you guys say "your mom" because its so original its hilarious. haha, and you should het one ailin! then we can transmit thoughts wink wink



Well, not now. I need a new laptop. you guys call laptop laptop right?
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Two tears and a bucket
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

noodles1631 wrote:

okies, maybe if you do good in your tests "your mom" might get you one!! haha i don't like laptops, but yes we call them that or the new word is notebook. ever herd of it?



lolz, notebook? yeah, we use that too but no as often as laptop. Mac Book Air is nice
5891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Imagination Land
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Gimp.
Posted 3/2/08
Lol your mom... I say mam. Here are some of the things we usually say... don't know if some are said in America but... yeah.

Alright darlin'?
Gerroff! (Get off... quoted my gran )
Ooowah! (Ouch)
Shurrup (shut up)
Bloody hell
Innit though?
You F*ckin dickhead!
Easy! Easy! Easy! (chavs... ¬_¬)
N dat? (ex. Might aswell go to maccys n dat, innit?)
113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / UK ~ wales
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
my dad uses random cockey slang now and then ..

apple and pears - the stairs ?
dog and bone - the phone
jam jar - the car
my trouble and strife - wife
frog and toad - road

thats all i can remember
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

BubbleGumx wrote:

Lol your mom... I say mam. Here are some of the things we usually say... don't know if some are said in America but... yeah.

Alright darlin'?
Gerroff! (Get off... quoted my gran )
Ooowah! (Ouch)
Shurrup (shut up)
Bloody hell
Innit though?
You F*ckin dickhead!
Easy! Easy! Easy! (chavs... ¬_¬)
N dat? (ex. Might aswell go to maccys n dat, innit?)


bloody hell reminds me of Ron from HP
Posted 3/2/08

ailin350 wrote:


BubbleGumx wrote:

Lol your mom... I say mam. Here are some of the things we usually say... don't know if some are said in America but... yeah.

Alright darlin'?
Gerroff! (Get off... quoted my gran )
Ooowah! (Ouch)
Shurrup (shut up)
Bloody hell
Innit though?
You F*ckin dickhead!
Easy! Easy! Easy! (chavs... ¬_¬)
N dat? (ex. Might aswell go to maccys n dat, innit?)


bloody hell reminds me of Ron from HP


We say it exactly like that! lol

Posted 3/2/08
Some of those slang I haven't even heard of...are you sure they're used in everyday conversation?
Maybe I just live in posher part of Britain then...they're so lower class
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

BubbleGumx wrote:


We say it exactly like that! lol



with his expression too?
1230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Meh
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
When you play Call of Duty 4, you tend to hear much of this but it really is a pain in the rear when they start throwing slang around.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

noodles1631 wrote:

thinnest laptop ever!! very nice, you should get one!! and yeh laptop is the more popular term!! haha my friend as a Dell and its basically a PC that opens to give you a monitor, it is litterally massive, i don't know why they can call it a laptop.



lolz, mac book air is nice but i think i am gonna sit on it someday and break it.
Do you guys have this thing, "practice" and "practise"? "advice" and "advise"
favourite?
Posted 3/2/08

ailin350 wrote:


BubbleGumx wrote:


We say it exactly like that! lol



with his expression too?


Well... maybe not as dramatic but just about. I say it all the time.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.