First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Unoriginal Anime
13704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Indeed i have seen a load of unoriginal animes..
it would be too tiresome to begin writing them all down..
as for original i have a few favorites..
Posted 3/2/08

Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


Oh, come on, they have similar plot points to some other anime, which is natural, but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the crap that's being put out there. I'm 95% sure you're saying that because they are popular.

For me, personally, it would be the majority of the "magical girl" genre. That's not to say that they aren't enjoyable, just kinda generic.


Some?

The are exact copies of all the others with the skin of steel, super power-ups, supernatural speed/strength, plus the action is all the same!

Person 1: Super Mega Ultra Secret Attack
Person 2: Blocks without taking damage
Person 1: OMFG, THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Omfg! No one in anime history has ever block their opponent's super ultra mega attack! This is impossible!!


Another example: He beat the strongest guy! <-- Like that never happens!


That's why it's an anime.
People can't REALLY do it, so creators take their imagination to drawings.
And a main character wouldn't be a main character if he couldn't beat a strong opponent.

40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


Oh, come on, they have similar plot points to some other anime, which is natural, but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the crap that's being put out there. I'm 95% sure you're saying that because they are popular.

For me, personally, it would be the majority of the "magical girl" genre. That's not to say that they aren't enjoyable, just kinda generic.


Some?

The are exact copies of all the others with the skin of steel, super power-ups, supernatural speed/strength, plus the action is all the same!

Person 1: Super Mega Ultra Secret Attack
Person 2: Blocks without taking damage
Person 1: OMFG, THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Omfg! No one in anime history has ever block their opponent's super ultra mega attack! This is impossible!!


Another example: He beat the strongest guy! <-- Like that never happens!


Then that can be said for just about every Shounen anime/manga in existence that has any sort of battle sequence. That happens every fight in Rurouni Kenshin, but no one's bitching about that so well loved anime.

We all need to accept that plot points and conventions and styles will be recycled, in every genre and in form of media. It''s pretty pointless to pick on a few just because they're prominent, don't you think?
2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hello!
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

Suteko wrote:


Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


Oh, come on, they have similar plot points to some other anime, which is natural, but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the crap that's being put out there. I'm 95% sure you're saying that because they are popular.

For me, personally, it would be the majority of the "magical girl" genre. That's not to say that they aren't enjoyable, just kinda generic.


Some?

The are exact copies of all the others with the skin of steel, super power-ups, supernatural speed/strength, plus the action is all the same!

Person 1: Super Mega Ultra Secret Attack
Person 2: Blocks without taking damage
Person 1: OMFG, THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Omfg! No one in anime history has ever block their opponent's super ultra mega attack! This is impossible!!


Another example: He beat the strongest guy! <-- Like that never happens!


Then that can be said for just about every Shounen anime/manga in existence that has any sort of battle sequence. That happens every fight in Rurouni Kenshin, but no one's bitching about that so well loved anime.

We all need to accept that plot points and conventions and styles will be recycled, in every genre and in form of media. It''s pretty pointless to pick on a few just because they're prominent, don't you think?


Every Shounen?

Death Note is shounen but it's battles are knowledge...

Full Metal Alchemist, Ed isn't invincible nor dos he have skin of steel, use ultra mega super attacks, and doesn't have supernatural speed or strength. He isn't the strongest either.

GTO he achieves his goal, but he still isn't the best.

Shounen isn't limited to this crap... Though it is rare to find an original anime it is still possible....


2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hello!
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

xjennifer wrote:


Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


Oh, come on, they have similar plot points to some other anime, which is natural, but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the crap that's being put out there. I'm 95% sure you're saying that because they are popular.

For me, personally, it would be the majority of the "magical girl" genre. That's not to say that they aren't enjoyable, just kinda generic.


Some?

The are exact copies of all the others with the skin of steel, super power-ups, supernatural speed/strength, plus the action is all the same!

Person 1: Super Mega Ultra Secret Attack
Person 2: Blocks without taking damage
Person 1: OMFG, THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Omfg! No one in anime history has ever block their opponent's super ultra mega attack! This is impossible!!


Another example: He beat the strongest guy! <-- Like that never happens!


That's why it's an anime.
People can't REALLY do it, so creators take their imagination to drawings.
And a main character wouldn't be a main character if he couldn't beat a strong opponent.



Anime isn't limited to having the main character being the best. The character could have a goal that he wants to achieve and the in the end he would achieve the goal. The creators have to stop using the typical story line and get more unique.
Posted 3/2/08
Cluster Edge.

Okay not unoriginal... just extremely boring.
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


Oh, come on, they have similar plot points to some other anime, which is natural, but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the crap that's being put out there. I'm 95% sure you're saying that because they are popular.

For me, personally, it would be the majority of the "magical girl" genre. That's not to say that they aren't enjoyable, just kinda generic.


Some?

The are exact copies of all the others with the skin of steel, super power-ups, supernatural speed/strength, plus the action is all the same!

Person 1: Super Mega Ultra Secret Attack
Person 2: Blocks without taking damage
Person 1: OMFG, THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Omfg! No one in anime history has ever block their opponent's super ultra mega attack! This is impossible!!


Another example: He beat the strongest guy! <-- Like that never happens!


Then that can be said for just about every Shounen anime/manga in existence that has any sort of battle sequence. That happens every fight in Rurouni Kenshin, but no one's bitching about that so well loved anime.

We all need to accept that plot points and conventions and styles will be recycled, in every genre and in form of media. It''s pretty pointless to pick on a few just because they're prominent, don't you think?


Every Shounen?

Death Note is shounen but it's battles are knowledge...

Full Metal Alchemist, Ed isn't invincible nor dos he have skin of steel, use ultra mega super attacks, and doesn't have supernatural speed or strength. He isn't the strongest either.

Shounen isn't limited to this crap... Though it is rare to find an original anime it is still possible....


You don't understand that I'm not talking about absolutes, do you? I have hardly watched every Shounen anime, so I cannot and did not make the claim that every one of them uses that convention, but the fact of the matter is a lot of them do. Picking out one or two of them to be the "Most unorginal" is completely pointless.

By the way, you're the one limiting yourself. You're calling perfectly good, enjoyable anime "crap" because they contain a staple theme in the genre. I personally think that's pretty silly. Anyway, I'm done here. I've got work to go do.
751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Thought of another huge one - Full Moon wo Sagashite and Kirarin revolution .
Their are realy alike like both idols that become idols because of a guy and both have some impossible thing with them ( the cat and the wish things) Realy alike oh and both think of 2 guys when they only started with one !!
6367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / around here
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
the gundam ones
12612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Earth...any more...
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
They are my Noble Masters
I've watched it and it DOES have some original points and it IS good, but It's a combination of Hayate no Gotoku and He is my Noble Master.... episode 7 can be 'original' as a parody but it's all a rip off... I like it tho but I wish it was more original
4889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Every anime is Unoriginal Anime. They all have something which is simmilar to another, if you look at the old animes from the 80's you will see some of the things like jokes , fights , puns and romance.

Although all the animes which come out are not original, they are still good to watch and also just because the it's not an original anime dose not mean it is predictable .
2229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hello!
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

Suteko wrote:


Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


Enternalfir3 wrote:


Suteko wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


Oh, come on, they have similar plot points to some other anime, which is natural, but they aren't nearly as bad as some of the crap that's being put out there. I'm 95% sure you're saying that because they are popular.

For me, personally, it would be the majority of the "magical girl" genre. That's not to say that they aren't enjoyable, just kinda generic.


Some?

The are exact copies of all the others with the skin of steel, super power-ups, supernatural speed/strength, plus the action is all the same!

Person 1: Super Mega Ultra Secret Attack
Person 2: Blocks without taking damage
Person 1: OMFG, THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!

Omfg! No one in anime history has ever block their opponent's super ultra mega attack! This is impossible!!


Another example: He beat the strongest guy! <-- Like that never happens!


Then that can be said for just about every Shounen anime/manga in existence that has any sort of battle sequence. That happens every fight in Rurouni Kenshin, but no one's bitching about that so well loved anime.

We all need to accept that plot points and conventions and styles will be recycled, in every genre and in form of media. It''s pretty pointless to pick on a few just because they're prominent, don't you think?


Every Shounen?

Death Note is shounen but it's battles are knowledge...

Full Metal Alchemist, Ed isn't invincible nor dos he have skin of steel, use ultra mega super attacks, and doesn't have supernatural speed or strength. He isn't the strongest either.

Shounen isn't limited to this crap... Though it is rare to find an original anime it is still possible....


You don't understand that I'm not talking about absolutes, do you? I have hardly watched every Shounen anime, so I cannot and did not make the claim that every one of them uses that convention, but the fact of the matter is a lot of them do. Picking out one or two of them to be the "Most unorginal" is completely pointless.

By the way, you're the one limiting yourself. You're calling perfectly good, enjoyable anime "crap" because they contain a staple theme in the genre. I personally think that's pretty silly. Anyway, I'm done here. I've got work to go do.


Naruto and Bleach are picked on because they are the most popular. Obviously if the famous get the most criticism and attention. Btw, no one said they were the most.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see a show with the same theme seven or eight times with minor changes. Do you enjoy watching the same thing over and over?

The theme is extremely famous yet overused.
14835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

twist109 wrote:

Every anime is Unoriginal Anime. They all have something which is simmilar to another, if you look at the old animes from the 80's you will see some of the things like jokes , fights , puns and romance.

Although all the animes which come out are not original, they are still good to watch and also just because the it's not an original anime dose not mean it is predictable .


well said :O
though there are unoriginal anime with a predictable story :/
3609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
OF COURSE ALL SHOUNEN ANIMU duh.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

Icefiretechnique wrote:


XXxspgxXX wrote:

bleach and naruto are unorignal.


I can understand Bleach being somewhat unoriginal, but the storyline and concepts for Naruto look pretty unique as far as I've seen.


I dunno: Naruto wants to become the hokage/best ninja, why? It's his dream
Ash want's to catch them all/become the best pokemon trainer, why? It's his dream.
(One piece) Luffy wants to become the pirate king/best pirate, why? because it's his dream.

It's quite similar to dbz since it's lot's of fighting with less new techniques and less character development.
It's similar to one piece and bleach since these animes also, focuses on that the weak one will beat the strong one with will and hardwork; that and the concept of protecting comrades.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.