First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Calvin and Hobbes
1493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Okay, i want to know, who loves the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes? I think it's the funniest smartest saddest happiest thing ever!
1213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/2/08


siqest!
5094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
I used to have a bunch of the books... but they're gone now... I want them back >.<
Posted 3/2/08
no it sucks period. Who ever made it should die and burn in hell
18981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
D: I might get beat for this, but I honestly do not like it at all.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

blablabla9876 wrote:

no it sucks period. Who ever made it should die and burn in hell


One thing is to not like it another is to say it sucks and should burn. Maybe you dont get some of the lines? some jokes lines in that comic take a certain age or mindset to work.
Posted 3/2/08

mauz15 wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

no it sucks period. Who ever made it should die and burn in hell


One thing is to not like it another is to say it sucks and should burn. Maybe you dont get some of the lines? some jokes lines in that comic take a certain age or mindset to work.


no I get the jokes. I just don't like it. I really don't think it's that funny.
5570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
Never heard of it, but as long as it is good to humanity, than it's alright.
Posted 3/2/08
i read a few and they were pretty good. my favorites were fox trott (i think its called it liek that)
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/2/08

blablabla9876 wrote:


mauz15 wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

no it sucks period. Who ever made it should die and burn in hell


One thing is to not like it another is to say it sucks and should burn. Maybe you dont get some of the lines? some jokes lines in that comic take a certain age or mindset to work.


no I get the jokes. I just don't like it. I really don't think it's that funny.


Really? so you know for example, what pascal's wager is? you know about ethical theorie? about the philosopher Thomas Hobbes and John Calvin and the polarity in their ideas? do you get all the criticisms to politics, art academia, and all the life metaphors? There are also things about the childhood of Calvin that could not be appreciated by a young person since it is only after having lived the moment and assimilated it that you find it amusing.

The comic is simple and funny. But there is more than meets the eye and once you catch it it is exponentially better.
Posted 3/2/08

mauz15 wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:


mauz15 wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

no it sucks period. Who ever made it should die and burn in hell


One thing is to not like it another is to say it sucks and should burn. Maybe you dont get some of the lines? some jokes lines in that comic take a certain age or mindset to work.


no I get the jokes. I just don't like it. I really don't think it's that funny.


Really? so you know for example, what pascal's wager is? you know about ethical theorie? about the philosopher Thomas Hobbes and John Calvin and the polarity in their ideas? do you get all the criticisms to politics, art academia, and all the life metaphors? There are also things about the childhood of Calvin that could not be appreciated by a young person since it is only after having lived the moment and assimilated it that you find it amusing.

The comic is simple and funny. But there is more than meets the eye and once you catch it it is exponentially better.


Yes, I know what Pascal's Wager is I knew who Thomas Hobbes from his book "Leviathan" and school but, I didn't know who John Calvin was until a minute ago but now I can see how the polarity in their ideas might be funny. And I've written reports for school assignments on some of the ethical theories that are out there including Hobbes' State of Nature thoery. I agree with you on how I might not be able to understand things about Calvin's childhood because I'm young and haven't experienced what he did.
4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
I read that comic before. ^^
4350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
love it!!! i used to have a big book of them and i'd keep it under my pillow to read at night...oh the memories...

if i read them again now i'd probably understand it better
Posted 3/2/08

n_n303 wrote:

one word. welook


he's not as obsessed as you think he is. He's not a Calvin and Hobbes fan outside of the internet. I've never seen him read a comic at school this year.
505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / near the equator
Offline
Posted 3/2/08
calvin and hobbes'.. an intelligent comics strip.. calvin cracks me up with his ideas. the conversations are witty. i like his mom and dad coz calvin can't outwit them. that should be how parents are. hehehe
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.