Created by voidlugiron
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
#1 Reason why you refuse to play an MMO
1819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Outer Space
Offline
Posted 3/3/08
Mmorpg use to be so much fun for me. I was so addicted. I would pull all nighters just to play, even when I had school. Now, I'm too busy, no time, and mmorpg cost too much money sometime, even the free ones sometime cost money through cash shop.
6117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
The one thing that just makes me stop playin an MMO or don't want to start is that i'm not interested in it..other than that i'll play just about anythin..lol ^^
7804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / 椅子の上
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
It's like watching your money and time being sucked into a black hole.
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/5/08

yongharn wrote:

It's like watching your money and time being sucked into a black hole.


Lol nice 1
339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
Time wasted on something entirely useless... rather on something more productive. Then there's the fact that they are people light years ahead of you for almost no reason and billions richer. So the time you waste seems even more like a waste of time.
26342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Stamford, CT
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
they just don't interest me!
6466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
I played FFXI for a very long time and then quit because it and the people in my linkshell were making me miserable whenever I logged in! MMO's take WAY too much time (i.e. 40 minutes to get to a camp in a dungeon for pulling exp mobs or camping HNM's for 3-4 hours ~_~) and I was addicted for a good while. I'll never play another MMORPG or MMO ever again.
Posted 3/5/08
Most of the MMO's are play are all the same ole crap that's rehashed over and over again. It's usually the same hack and slash, level, and grind for countless hours. Starts to rub off on ya.

There are some great MMO projects out there that has terrific ideas but eventually closes there door because they realized that what they were planning for was just out of their scope or met some unexpected dire problem. This whole MMO thing is more complex that it is.

Personally, it seems that Korean MMO has saturated the market. American MMO's seems to be bland or most of them anyway. Who needs another MMO game where you could be an elf, human or dwarf? Worst of all, they expect you to pay money for a pathetic game which you could find something similar but free? Please.

But don't get me wrong here, there are a handful of great MMO's out there. So far, there hasn't been on that I could definitely commit to or willing to spend that 12 to 15 bucks a month for.
12221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England, Kent, To...
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
They dont interest me at all x.x
833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Nova Scotia, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
How about "misleading" names? World of WARcraft? What war? All I see are legions of whiny 12-yearolds that can't get a life.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
My reason is that it doesn't interest me. There's something unnapealing about and endless game that you can't ever finish. And in that time playing the game, all you do is useless fetch quests, go from point A to B and killing X amount of creatures just for the sake of leveling up. It all seems kind of pointless since there's really nothing else to it, but to keep leveling up that can go on forever.


ScytheRayne wrote:

How about "misleading" names? World of WARcraft? What war? All I see are legions of whiny 12-yearolds that can't get a life.


You do know that the games are based on a series of Real Time Strategy games, the Warcraft series right? The first Warcraft game was one of the first RTS games out there, and quite a good one for its time. World of Warcraft is the one people know the most, so they tend to not know where the game comes from.
280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Under your bed.
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
who wants to pay virtual rent
isnt real life enough
all mmo's need to be free
833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Nova Scotia, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/08

sigma_draconis wrote:

My reason is that it doesn't interest me. There's something unnapealing about and endless game that you can't ever finish. And in that time playing the game, all you do is useless fetch quests, go from point A to B and killing X amount of creatures just for the sake of leveling up. It all seems kind of pointless since there's really nothing else to it, but to keep leveling up that can go on forever.


ScytheRayne wrote:

How about "misleading" names? World of WARcraft? What war? All I see are legions of whiny 12-yearolds that can't get a life.


You do know that the games are based on a series of Real Time Strategy games, the Warcraft series right? The first Warcraft game was one of the first RTS games out there, and quite a good one for its time. World of Warcraft is the one people know the most, so they tend to not know where the game comes from.


I knew about the RTS, they did those very nicely. Its just that the MMO isn't very warlike. There is barely any world PvP anymore, and you are grinding most of the time. I'd prefer the way they are doing it in Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/5/08

ScytheRayne wrote:

I knew about the RTS, they did those very nicely. Its just that the MMO isn't very warlike. There is barely any world PvP anymore, and you are grinding most of the time. I'd prefer the way they are doing it in Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.


Yeah but you grind in any MMO games. It's the basis of all online RPG's and what keeps people playing. So you can't really complain that WOW has lots of grinding, cause it isn't different from any other RPG's out there. The lack of PvP is true, but it's not what attracts people to MMO's. Me, I don't like grinding, which is why I refuse to play these games.
4804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
I would get addicted... And thats what pretty much happened to me on WoW GODDAMN YOU BLIZZARD! heres a pic of my low life ass playing WoW :'( The first pic is my 70 Kara/Black Temple/PvP Gladiator Final Set decked out Rogue and the second pic is when I was lvl 49 and doing Capture The Flag in Warsong Gulch (WSG) I got first place 28 kills 8 deaths, I ROGIFIED people, but now I pretty much quit WoW, I only play on weekends instead of 4 hours everyday
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.