First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you view homosexuals?
Posted 3/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


skygod333 wrote:

I like how Magnus is atheist because the Church condemned his friend's activities. That implies it's God's fault. It's really the Church's fault. Hate the church, no God.


You misrepresent me here. I hate the church for that, I do not believe in god do to lack of evidence. Ok?


You said you originally when atheist because of the condeming of your friend by the Church.
Member
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:

That is not what I said at all. The point of that story was that as I was having doubts this helped me admit I was an atheist. It helped push me away from the hypocrisy of religion. In and of itself it is not why I am an atheist. You need to read what I wrote again.



The hyposcrisy of religion eh?
interesting... lack of evidence.
maybe you should become a satanist.
That'll give you all the evidence you need.
Member
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


RivrStyx wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

That is not what I said at all. The point of that story was that as I was having doubts this helped me admit I was an atheist. It helped push me away from the hypocrisy of religion. In and of itself it is not why I am an atheist. You need to read what I wrote again.



The hyposcrisy of religion eh?
interesting... lack of evidence.
maybe you should become a satanist.
That'll give you all the evidence you need.

The Church of Satan is actually an atheist organization. They use all that stuff to mock you.
Some of my personal experience with hypocritical religious people:
They talk of loving everyone but hate gays.
They speak of turning the other cheek but favor wars in revenge for terrorist attacks.
They support the death penalty yet often talk of the importance of life in debates about abortion . I admit to favoring the death penalty myself though.


All anecdotal but most of you will admit there are religious people like this. An arguement that religion is not can be made however I do not find it convincing.


then satanism should be perfect for you. Lack of evidence my ass. The fact that you only look to history and your own little bubble just seems to prove your ignorance. You take everything at face value instead of actually trying to figure things out. You sound smart but you really arent. I dont care if what I say gets me kicked out of this group either.
culture is full of hypocrisy, not just the church but you only focus on the church and church hystory
your personal experience... get out in the world a little more... maybe you'll actually learn something
I can't say I love everybody because the fact is I hate people with a passion... so much so that if murder weren't illegal I would probably kill people.
I can say I'm a Christian but I can't say I'm perfect... no one can, yet you seem to hold every Christian to some sort of unbelievable standard.
I would gladly wage a war on terrorism. I dont know anyone who wouldnt.
Turn the other cheek... HAH! I'd still punch a guy in the face if he decided to hit me unwarranted
you seem to think that religion is a joke. Join Satanism... since you seem to know so much I'm sure they'll gladly let you join them. Maybe then you'll gain some perspective on this world. There are things that scare the shit out of me, i dont mind saying. Things that Satanists actually deal with that scare me so that I stay awake for days. There is another side of this world that you are ignorant of. despite all your talk of science and hypocricy you're nothing in a world like ours. Science has nothing on the supernatural. You have no idea what kind of demons lurk in the shadows. but I guess what they say holds true, ignorance is bliss.
Member
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/18/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:
I invite you to prove conclusively that the Christan god exists using evidence. If you do I will admit my ignorance.
Fuck you and your opinion. Your just some religious zealot from Canada. Smart is relative anyway.
So you admit the church is full of hypocrisy? You are trying to defend it by saying culture is the same way which is stupid. Even if that were true hypocrisy would still be morally wrong so it is not a defense.
What in the fuck do you know about me?
You are a creepy piece of shit. Please stay far away from me. Any claims you had to being moral just evaporated.
No I do not. I simply dislike hypocrisy.
So would I. You should stop trying to make it seem like you adhere to Jesus better teachings (the ones from when he was acting moral).
It is a joke in that every priest has wasted their lived on it. It is pretty funny to me in a sad way.
You have no proof of the supernatural. None. Your claims therefore mean nothing to me.
You are an ignorant silly little man. I laughed at your posts. I would love to hear more about your fears. You are kind of like a stand up comedian who has no idea they are on stage.


heh... you really are more ignorant than I thought.
I invite you conclusevely to prove that the Christian God does not exist using evidence. Everything you've said so far has been heresay and words put forth by other people.
religious zealot? hmm... maybe...But I'd rather be zealous and live for a cause than to have no meaning attatched to my life
I admit that the church is a human institution. Everything human is faulty
what do I know about you? you're young and ignorant. I can't take anything you say particularly serious. You opinion isn't the first to voice the same sentiments... Neither is mine. SO we're the same in that regard.
hehe... creepy. humans are inherently evil (including myself) so why should they not die? I'm glad I'm not God because there wouldnt be a human race.
I never tried to make it sound like I adhere to Jesus better teachings. Then again, what would an athiest really know about Jesus teachings? even if you've read the Bible and remember what he said, the meanings that people make out are only what they want to hear.
your sense of humour is odd.. I have plenty of experience with the supernatural. But you wouldn't believe me if I told you. You seem to think that it does not exist... which is actually rather funny... Join Satanism, it's a good way to learn something of a supernatural presence.
you calling me ignorant is like the kettle calling the pot black
I bet you did laugh at my post... had a good long laugh didn't you?
so first im a zealous religious nut and then I'm a stand up comedian eh? interesting... though I could say the same thing about you, but your comedy is lacking so get off the stage already.
Everyone has fears. A fear of the supernatural is what keeps me alive.
Member
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/18/08 , edited 4/18/08
Forgive me Fae, I'm posting twice.

Either way, magnus, no matter what the other says we both view each other's points as heresay without consequential evidence (though each have websites and books to "support" our ideas) and said out of ignorance so neither of us are going to win this battle. You didn't join this group to learn anything, you didn't join this group to get others opinions on religion, you came here to voice your own, fair enough, it's an open group. I didn't join this group to argue with you, yet here I am. Seems both of our voices are falling on deaf ears. my voice is falling on your deaf ears and your voice is falling on our deaf ears. neither side is really willing to yeild so I see no point in continuing this. If you want to count this a win for your "side" or "view" or whatever, do so. I don't particularly care either way. However, I think it unwise to start arguments in the future and I think it unwise to continue this argument as all it will end up doing is us trading insults.

I meant no disrespect in my posts and I apologize, not just to you, Magnus, but to everyone else as well if offense was taken. If requested by a moderator, I will leave the group but I plan on not starting or participating in arguments in the future. To clear up any misunderstandings, when I said that if murder were legal I would probably kill people, I did not mean everyone. The government is too lineant[sp?] on convicts and I think the death penalty is not enforced enough (or not at all like in Canada). my view is that people such as murderers, rapists, child molesters etc. deserve death. not humans in general, though evil resides in everyone (my view). Also, I believe in, and have witnessed first hand, the supernatural. Therefore I think it ignorant that others do not believe in it. However, not everyone has experienced it so my thoughts are not everyones. I apologize to you, Magnus, and to everyone else as what I said was out of anger and not particularly honourable.

Though you may like swearing Magnus, please refrain from using in this group's forums. You are free to use it outside of here but please leave it for off the forum.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


RivrStyx wrote:


magnus102 wrote:

That is not what I said at all. The point of that story was that as I was having doubts this helped me admit I was an atheist. It helped push me away from the hypocrisy of religion. In and of itself it is not why I am an atheist. You need to read what I wrote again.



The hyposcrisy of religion eh?
interesting... lack of evidence.
maybe you should become a satanist.
That'll give you all the evidence you need.

The Church of Satan is actually an atheist organization. They use all that stuff to mock you.
Some of my personal experience with hypocritical religious people:
They talk of loving everyone but hate gays.
They speak of turning the other cheek but favor wars in revenge for terrorist attacks.
They support the death penalty yet often talk of the importance of life in debates about abortion . I admit to favoring the death penalty myself though.


All anecdotal but most of you will admit there are religious people like this. An arguement that religion is not can be made however I do not find it convincing.



Then I TOTALLY agree with you! Hypocritical religious folks! Those are a very clear sign, of how they misrepresent what the grace covenant is. Jesus hates hypocrisy as well. Many times, he would rebuke them. In fact, I have an article posted about hypocrisy. You should read that. There's a distinction to religious people, and children of God.

These hypocrites use religion when it's convenient to rally for support for their own interests. That's a selfish act. In fact, if anyone tells you that they're very religious and love the Lord, chances are, they love themselves more.

The issue of gays is hyped because it's visible. Satan uses his tools to create things like heresy, when in fact, to Jesus they are STILL lost sheep! No matter what we look like, what we do, we can never outdo God, or hide from Him. The idea that anyone can is ridiculous in itself. If a church practices hypocrisy, dump that church. Seriously. Leaders of God need to preach about Jesus and the good news, not law and works.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 3/19/08 , edited 4/18/08
Lastly, seek the Lord. I've said it time and time again. If you cannot practise restrain from the patience you draw from the Lord, seek Him.

Listen to him, listen to sermons, read. It's one thing to clarify something wrong. It's the desire of the flesh to override God's teachings by engaging in disputes just to say your mind. If you cherish your own ideas so much, you're walking in the flesh. And THAT is another another tactic of the devil. Never assume you know more than others, and in that sense, when you're comfortable with the Lord, these desires wont' come to you that easily either.

I always believe in seeking the Lord for everything. You may think that you need to handle this and that, but in fact, all we have to do is to seek him, and he will provide the answers. If you bother putting out small fires, then a weak faith and weak heart will burn aflame. Rather than do that, I choose to rest in the Lord, with the Lord. For where he is, Satan cannot dwell, and there my body, soul and spirit will be edified. Leave battles to Jesus.
Member
464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 3/20/08 , edited 4/18/08
Faeleia
sorry to wake up the debate, but i just have one very fast question for you, that i got after reading your reply..

if you believe that people could use religion for their own political agenda, would you agree to a seperation of church and state?

just curious..
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 3/21/08 , edited 4/18/08
The church should never be used by the state. God appoints leaders himself. Similarly, no church who aims to gain power ought to be around. The leaders of Man only serve their own interests to try to control the area that is under their jurisdiction. Exploitation and politicization of religion is often used as a convenient tool because by definition, religions are to satisfy spiritual needs, where intangible, can be powerful and destructive. That's why false prophets appear, they seemingly appear to care for the holistic being of people, but real intentions could be guided by either bribes or temptations of power and repute. These are the churches that never preach the Grace of God and Jesus himself, but the covenant of Law, and focus on sins and guilt and salvation. They care only about what YOU do and not what the Lord has done for you.

That kind of power that is gotten through a false tongue is despised by the Lord. If God calls someone to lead, he will empower that person and give him the right time and right place to lead. But not all political leaders are Christian because the interests of the Lord is not our interests. Whereas man cherish things like status, and control of matters, real born again christians recognise that only Jesus controls everything, and where he is sovereign in all matters of the past present future, we leave our selves up to Him to decide what we are to do. You can be influential through the grace of God and never be a politician. Jesus magnifies the small to cause big effects. What is seen on the outside is what man sees. What God sees is so much beyond.
Member
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / you dont need to...
Offline
Posted 3/22/08 , edited 4/18/08

annajoy012 wrote:

The bible tells us that homosexuality is wrong but that doesn't mean that we as christians should shun them or anything like that. When Jesus came down to this earth he embraced the sinful first.

I think it's okay to treat homosexuals like every other person!


I AGREE...
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/24/08 , edited 4/18/08
ACTUALLY!!!~ God does use a LOT of evidence in the Bible that sooo many people never even bothered to notice! You guys have NO idea how much SCIENTIFIC truths were mentioned in the good book way before they were discovered or even promoted by every-day people...isn't God amazing?!?!?
Member
2697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / at the computer
Offline
Posted 3/25/08 , edited 4/18/08
How do I view homosexuals? sinful. I don't hate them. Worse actions have been committed by worse people. I think their actions are...disturbing to say the least, but I don't hate them at all.

On another note, churches that accept homosexuals into their congregation have problems. What I mean by that is, those who are homosexuals that have not rejected their former ways are accepted as real members of their church. Yeah, you can call me biased, narrow-minded, or whatever, but it's true. They have problems because they do not expel sins that come into their midst. First, they must repent of their homosexuality and clean up their actions. Then they may be allowed into a church body.
Member
3570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/28/08 , edited 4/18/08
I know that the Bible is strongly against it and I know it is wrong but they are just like anybody else who is suffering from sin. We should not judge them harshly while we have our own sin take care of. I donot know where the verse is but it says that we should not pick the dust in somebody else's eye while we have a log in ours.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Singapore,Asia
Offline
Posted 3/31/08 , edited 4/18/08
Well,we strongly disapprove of this type of behaviour but not in a violent manner.

God doesn't hate homosexuals,He hates the sin that they're committing.
So we can only counsel them to stop,take a 180 decree-turn and head back to Jesus.
Member
3535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / I'd tell you, but...
Offline
Posted 4/1/08 , edited 4/18/08
i think its wrong,it says it in the Bible. if it were OK, then something would happen if 2 people of the same gender got 2gether. But God didn't make people to B like that. I agree that we shouldn't triet them bad. At my Jr. High there seems 2 B a lot of homosexuality,I know a few bias and Gays at my school. I triet them fair, and some like friends. But they seem 2 really like Yuri & youi a lot, i hate it so it gets complicated.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.