First  Prev  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  Next  Last
Worst Dub
19971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Mexico USA
Offline
Posted 6/26/12

YokuramaTalks wrote:

The worst dub for me would probably have to be that OVA called Bastard. The dub was so bad that it was actually entertaining to watch!


haha I know what you mean, but still a good anime. I have the figurine of bastard himself
41031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 6/26/12
For me its the Gintama movie that was just awful within 10 minutes i switched it back to sub it was just awful
Posted 6/26/12
I think the Hunter x Hunter dub was the worst in the history of Dubbing. Sweet Jesus Kurapica and Gon's voice was something from hell.
toxxin 
38083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 6/26/12
what's a dub? I know nothing but subs. I never recall hearing english anime.....oh but I might have just repressed the memory.
49361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / killing zombies
Offline
Posted 6/26/12 , edited 6/26/12
sailor moon .
corspe princess ,
mew mew powers
DN angels they ruined Krads voice T.T
29075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Staten Island, NY...
Offline
Posted 6/26/12
Funimation works very hard to bring out some very good dubs. I'd say they do a extremely good job at their dubbing 9 out of 10 times.
39274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/12

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

Funimation works very hard to bring out some very good dubs. I'd say they do a extremely good job at their dubbing 9 out of 10 times.


I can agree with this.
Reason why many people would hate on the dub is because they saw the sub first and are used to it already so the dub sounds off to them.
540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/26/12
Deadman Wonderland, the voice actor for Ganta's voice. I'm sorry, I hate the dubbed version so much. I expected for Ganta's voice to be in between semi teen/childlike voice than a 5yr old voice...I prefer for the voice actress for Naruto to voice Ganta because in my opinion, it fits Ganta's voice somewhat.
17439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Alpha Qudrant Sec...
Offline
Posted 6/26/12 , edited 6/26/12

J-RockFan7 wrote:

Deadman Wonderland, the voice actor for Ganta's voice. I'm sorry, I hate the dubbed version so much. I expected for Ganta's voice to be in between semi teen/childlike voice than a 5yr old voice...I prefer for the voice actress for Naruto to voice Ganta because in my opinion, it fits Ganta's voice somewhat.


Yeah Ganta does have a voice that is hard on the ears but everyone else makes up for that. Especially Senji and Makina.

24354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 6/26/12

YokuramaTalks wrote:


GodWhomIsMike wrote:

Funimation works very hard to bring out some very good dubs. I'd say they do a extremely good job at their dubbing 9 out of 10 times.


I can agree with this.
Reason why many people would hate on the dub is because they saw the sub first and are used to it already so the dub sounds off to them.


I agree too. I tend to like the Japanese version of shows I watched in Japanese first (especially if I watched it more than once) because I associate those voices with the characters. But likewise, I don't tend to like watch watch shows in Japanese if I heard them in English first. I think there are some very good dubs out there. Even in some of the ones I'm more used to in Japanese I can appreciate the dub.

The same sort of thing happened with the Negima manga to me, even. I read the first 8 volumes in German and find it weird to read it in English now. The 'voices' don't seem right!
The Wise Wizard
76601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 6/26/12

YokuramaTalks wrote:
Reason why many people would hate on the dub is because they saw the sub first and are used to it already so the dub sounds off to them.

This is what I've termed the first exposure effect. Sadly, it is something few people take into account.

While the time would vary by individual, I've found I have to wait about a year after last viewing all or part of a series subbed before I can view it dubbed without it negatively impacting my impression of the voices in the dub. This is also impacted by how strong an impression the VA one first heard performing a part made on them.

39274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/12

TheAncientOne wrote:


YokuramaTalks wrote:
Reason why many people would hate on the dub is because they saw the sub first and are used to it already so the dub sounds off to them.

This is what I've termed the first exposure effect. Sadly, it is something few people take into account.

While the time would vary by individual, I've found I have to wait about a year after last viewing all or part of a series subbed before I can view it dubbed without it negatively impacting my impression of the voices in the dub. This is also impacted by how strong an impression the VA one first heard performing a part made on them.



Yes, it's quite a shame that not many people think about this factor before insulting every dub they see... :/
Posted 6/26/12
Naruto....
but there are some good dubbed anime like Dragon Ball Z
42022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/12 , edited 6/26/12
Oh the way they say Narutos name dubbed bugs me to tears. My neice and nephew and their friends say it the dubbed way and so I say all of their names all wrong. The German dub for Naruto is awesome. Naruto is such an ass in it. For Dattabio they have it as an insult like a screw you, or an up yours kinda thing. The worst dub though was for Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja instead of just innocent or even a bit niave they have her as a flat out bitch. I had to change it back to the subs or else I would have raged and even worse is that the japanese va is my favorite va too and they brutalized that character.
4576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / @England
Offline
Posted 6/27/12
No question about it, 4Kids Dubbed One Piece they absolutely butchered it. That version is not One Piece; it is a second rate, sub par reworked version of the Japanese version. If you had terrible bad luck of even watching a little bit of it please remove it from your mind.
First  Prev  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.