First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Sex & Love
769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Wrapped in my own...
Offline
Posted 3/8/08

nodysseus wrote:


Fatalomen wrote:

Sex in love go hand in hand throughout anyone's life, excluding nuns or whatever. But some people make the mistake that sex is love, like thinking they love someone after they have sex with them, or throwing around the love word in high school. I think you shouldn't say I love you in a serious manner until you actually know what love is. But I have slipped up in thinking that I'm in love and realizing I'm not.
You have to learn between saying 'Love ya' to all your friends at school, and saying 'I love you' to a person that you truly have a connection with.
But tying (sp?) homosexuality in the mix? That is a different question entirely. Because I know that homosexuality is at least 70% sexual feelings than love. But then again, straight people think about sex all the time, when you hear really jocky people talk about sex, it makes it seem like their whole live REVOLVES around it. I think that sex is important to ALL people not just Homosexuals. But I think about having sex with someone FAR more than I think about finding someone that I love. Well that's not true but I really would like someone that I could settle down with, but I'm one gay men out of 10% of the world. But I think most gay men do. I think that everyone could be a little bi-sexual if it was a little more open in this country. But most people are afraid, and then there are people who actually can't do it. I mean gay men can fall in love with straight women, and all the other combinations.
But it all ties back to my original statement that love and sex come hand in hand. You have to DECIPHER WHICH IS WHICH.


i only mention homosexuality because people claim that they love (which i do not deny) other people, and yet obviously a gay guy is only going to marry another guy (if given the chance anyway). Don't you think that suggests that he could only love someone who he was sexually attracted to? (the same argument an be used for hetero people, but i think this example is easier to understand...)


let's look at it this way. theres such a thing as affectional orientation, meaning "homosexual" people are also inclined to be emotionally attracted to those of the same gender. there are also the terms heteroromantic, homoromantic, etc., which in my opion are more accurate than -sexual, which implies simple sexual attraction.
17071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sellout Town
Offline
Posted 3/8/08

Larry wrote:


nodysseus wrote:


Fatalomen wrote:

Sex in love go hand in hand throughout anyone's life, excluding nuns or whatever. But some people make the mistake that sex is love, like thinking they love someone after they have sex with them, or throwing around the love word in high school. I think you shouldn't say I love you in a serious manner until you actually know what love is. But I have slipped up in thinking that I'm in love and realizing I'm not.
You have to learn between saying 'Love ya' to all your friends at school, and saying 'I love you' to a person that you truly have a connection with.
But tying (sp?) homosexuality in the mix? That is a different question entirely. Because I know that homosexuality is at least 70% sexual feelings than love. But then again, straight people think about sex all the time, when you hear really jocky people talk about sex, it makes it seem like their whole live REVOLVES around it. I think that sex is important to ALL people not just Homosexuals. But I think about having sex with someone FAR more than I think about finding someone that I love. Well that's not true but I really would like someone that I could settle down with, but I'm one gay men out of 10% of the world. But I think most gay men do. I think that everyone could be a little bi-sexual if it was a little more open in this country. But most people are afraid, and then there are people who actually can't do it. I mean gay men can fall in love with straight women, and all the other combinations.
But it all ties back to my original statement that love and sex come hand in hand. You have to DECIPHER WHICH IS WHICH.


i only mention homosexuality because people claim that they love (which i do not deny) other people, and yet obviously a gay guy is only going to marry another guy (if given the chance anyway). Don't you think that suggests that he could only love someone who he was sexually attracted to? (the same argument an be used for hetero people, but i think this example is easier to understand...)


let's look at it this way. theres such a thing as affectional orientation, meaning "homosexual" people are also inclined to be emotionally attracted to those of the same gender. there are also the terms heteroromantic, homoromantic, etc., which in my opion are more accurate than -sexual, which implies simple sexual attraction.


as interesting as that sounds, what does it do to answer the question as to whether love and sex are the same?
857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / if you know where...
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
love of course is not leading to sex..


you can have sex with someone you don't love... i've studied it in my major subject psychology....


93 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / MOROCCO
Offline
Posted 3/8/08

O_oStefferzO-o wrote:

I get what you are trying to say.
Unfortunately now and days sex is something that is more of a
"no strings attached" type deal.

Like the kids in my HS talk about it all the time and Im just doing my work thing
wtf asswipes?! I don't see how they can fuck for fun.

But then again to me sex is something important and special.

Love and sex now seem extremely different.


2568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / queen city of the...
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
i love sex...
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
Wow... this is a surprisingly interesting question. When I think about it though, the answer doesn't change.

I can love anyone. Guys or girls, it doesn't matter. I love my brother as much as I love my sister and I hope as much as my future wife. I would suppose then, that two people of the same gender loving each other is completely normal. It's not strange to love a close friend of the same gender. The only thing that changes with homosexuals is that they have a sexual attraction in addition to that love. "Homoromantic" is a silly term. I love my best friend, I just don't have a sexual attraction to him, because I'm heterosexual. People are panromantic.

I guess what I'm saying is that your sexuality determines the kind of love you can feel for someone. I can't feel a romantic love for a man because I'm not homosexual. If I were, I could obviously go that far. Thus, homosexuals are only capable of romantically loving someone of the same gender, just as heterosexuals are only capable of romantically loving someone of the opposite gender.
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / location location...
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
Sex is a gift from God, for husband and wife......... The purpose of sex is not to enjoy, but to reproduce
4598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
Interesting
Posted 3/15/08

I notice a lot of people have debates on homosexuality and if its real and things like that, and one of the things i hear repeated time and again is "you cant choose the one you love" but homosexuality is about sexual attraction, not emotional. I mean: I can be friends with another guy and care about him a lot, but that doesn't mean I want into his pants...

So I'm wondering, just what is the connection between love and having sex? I know loads of people who can hook up for a night and then act like it was nothing, so going by that, I tend to feel like sex and love aren't really so closely as people seem to expect, but I'm not sure on this. What do you folks think?

--Edit--
It just occured to me this might be better placed in the extended discussion forum Image feel free to move it if you feel so inclined...




homosexuality is about sexual attraction,not emotional...I mean: I can be friends with another guy and care about him a lot, but that doesn't mean I want into his pants...such a wrong ignorant phrase.....homosexuals have feelings as well...it is not given only to heterosexuals...be wise my friend....u may not look into your friends pants but what about into your girl friend's skirt,bra,legs?????then heterosexual world is not emotional either..it is all sexual attraction as well....

when it is about sex and love i think it is a combination..they complete eachother....i can not imagine a love without sex and the reverse a sex without love...when it is about one night stands,there is a connection between sex and sexual needings as well....so in the lack some situations people go for one night stand without love....
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/15/08
no connection for me
3408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 3/15/08
I thnk love is when you actually care for some1.....and you always think of that person in ur head....sex is just part of the relationship, but sex itself really doens't have any connection the love because some people go to the pub and have a one night stand.
Posted 3/15/08
For me the difference between love and sex has alway been confusing. I think it's mostly because I saw a lot of my friends back in High School having sex and talking about how great it was and what not. I think I had formed a stigma that the only way to find "love", at least with a man, was to have sex with him; however, at the same time I felt that any guy who couldn't love me without recieving sex wasn't worth my time or effort. This made many high school years of dating very crapy. While I did other things with guys I've dated, I never had sex with them pretty much out of fear that as soon as I did I would get rejected.

I guess it didn't turn out that bad though. The guy I'm dating now is who I lost my virginity to and we've been together for about 4 years. So yeah.. do the math on the age thing.

I think the big thing now is that a lot of girls (and I'm sure some guys too) mistake sex for love. IE: "if a guy has sex with me they must love me." Which just isn't the case. Not to mention sex is thrown around so casually now. I mean, girls were giving out free bathroom BJ's at the high school I went to just for giggles. WTF?
1914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 3/15/08

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Sex is a gift from God, for husband and wife......... The purpose of sex is not to enjoy, but to reproduce


Yeah, I doubt anyone actually follows that anymore..lol
--

I noticed a lot of people seem so sure of themselves when they talk about homosexuality. Where did you come up with that kind of statement? "Homosexuality is only about sexual attraction"

Unless you're gay.........
21814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
Sex is meaningless without emotions. I learned that the hard way.
854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / California, OC
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
it depends. of course when u love each other..u tend to get..all..touchy.

but for someone who is a horny Fing poop head, then they just tend to go at it. and the next day pretends nothin happens.
some ppl rather have fun with different ppl then to stay with one person. cuz those kind of ppl gets bored easily.

:P
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.