Is John McCain too old?
609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
"I have fallen and I can't get up." lol thats funny

Actually I think he is abit too old but, It really shouldn't matter. If he wins his only serving one term , unless he gets elected again. Either way, obviously he wouldn't have gottent his far if people thoight that he was too old, or didn't like the idea of him been old. Keep in Mind, old people are wise lol l
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

atanih771 wrote:

"I have fallen and I can't get up." lol thats funny

Actually I think he is abit too old but, It really shouldn't matter. If he wins his only serving one term , unless he gets elected again. Either way, obviously he wouldn't have gottent his far if people thoight that he was too old, or didn't like the idea of him been old. Keep in Mind, old people are wise lol l


Not really, when people get old they have health problems.. and also problems with their brain functions... we don't want a mentally handicapped President, now do we? Plus GOOD wisdom, isn't always found with age. Experience comes with age, but sometimes the time periods do not have enougj experiences so.. the person doesn't really get smarter.
609 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

HokiePokie wrote:

Not really, when people get old they have health problems.. and also problems with their brain functions... we don't want a mentally handicapped President, now do we? Plus GOOD wisdom, isn't always found with age. Experience comes with age, but sometimes the time periods do not have enougj experiences so.. the person doesn't really get smarter.


Yes obviously once your old you get health problems... but I doubt congress will let him stay if him mentally handicapped, if he is unfitted to stay that's why there's a vice-president. As for wisdom it was a joke lol......... experiences do come with age but sometimes people make the same mistake... so much for experience lol

12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

uberdan wrote:

Before you die hard Republicans start hate mailing me and calling me a communist or Nazi or want to hang me, please keep in mind he is too old. Before I hear he is good for business; He would be great for miracle ear, AARP, Life Alert and Canadian drugs. Finally his campaign slogan should be changed to "I have fallen and I can't get up."


FYI Nazis are on the political Right...Communist are on the Left...Take a guess what two mainstay American parties fall towards the moderate side of the Left and Right...

Anyways, here is the thing - age has nothing to do with anything. Is he going to die tomorrow? Maybe, but then again so might you or me. All that matters is whether or not the person is capable of doing the job to the best of their abilities, and so we try to find the person who can then do the job the best. I am tired from hearing stupid shit from morons like you on whether someone is too old or too young for anything, let alone political office. So I suggest this to you: Shut the fuck up, you stupid little insignificant fucking parasite, grow a freaking brain, and stop posting topics that amount to mudslinging just because you can't think of anything more intelligent to do!

Fucking twit!
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

uberdan wrote:


sheighton wrote:


uberdan wrote:

Before you die hard Republicans start hate mailing me and calling me a communist or Nazi or want to hang me, please keep in mind he is too old. Before I hear he is good for business; He would be great for miracle ear, AARP, Life Alert and Canadian drugs. Finally his campaign slogan should be changed to "I have fallen and I can't get up."


FYI Nazis are on the political Right...Communist are on the Left...Take a guess what two mainstay American parties fall towards the moderate side of the Left and Right...

Anyways, here is the thing - age has nothing to do with anything. Is he going to die tomorrow? Maybe, but then again so might you or me. All that matters is whether or not the person is capable of doing the job to the best of their abilities, and so we try to find the person who can then do the job the best. I am tired from hearing stupid shit from morons like you on whether someone is too old or too young for anything, let alone political office. So I suggest this to you: Shut the fuck up, you stupid little insignificant fucking parasite, grow a freaking brain, and stop posting topics that amount to mudslinging just because you can't think of anything more intelligent to do!

Fucking twit!


You live with your parents dead, no family, having to pay rent and college tuition at the same time. FYI I have graduated high school two years early, and I have to work two jobs to support myself. I would donate; If didn't have to worry about eating. I know what Nazis and what a communists are; but people have called me those names because I voted for Romney in the primaries. Look at FDR, that old senile geezer who gave Stalin all of eastern Europe at Yalta. If do get me banned I will just use one of other screen names. You can't deprive of me of my first amendment rights. Is McCain is the The G.O.P can do? I would much rather have Romney run than McCain. McCain would worst President since Harding running. In addition to being senile, McCain is a brutal primordial troglodyte imperialist. He is one those people who think war is nothing more than civilization or empire earth game. For McCain I have no greater floccinaucinihilipilification than for any presidential candidate who has ever tried to run for office. We would be better off with Eugene V Debs running.


Evidently high school didn't do you all that much good, because you seem incapable of carrying on a fluid train of though within a paragraph - or maybe that is just because I happened to get you riled up a bit? Well, you just proved to me who the person is that would win in a debate if we actually decided to debate rather than argue...Hmm, that's not all that bad of an idea...

1. Clear trains of thought without run-on sentences or fragments should be your friend.

2. Don't make assumptions because it shows that you have actually nothing to back your argument.

3. No one, especially me, cares if you graduated from high school early. Big whoop and congratulations on your pointless feat!

4. You apparently didn't know where Nazis and Communists stand on the political spectrum, as you pointed towards hard-lining Republicans possibly labeling you as one of the two with no distinction between them. When this is taken into account with your post history that seems to follow slightly Leftist tendencies we can only logically conclude that you would be more likely called a Communist than a Nazi.

5. FDR has nothing to do with McCain, so this was a red herring and completely irrelevant.

6. The First Amendment does not apply to private venues - Crunchyroll is a private forum and therefore its administrator can restrict what you may say or not say however they please. Furthermore, if you were to get banned and create a new account, your IP address could simply be banned and that would be the end of the story...

7. Romney would be far less likely to win than McCain simply because he is a Mormon - you would understand if you actually knew a bit about politics.

8. You have no proof that McCain would actually be worse than Harding, rather he would likely be better - all you have to do is compare the two's political histories prior to the presidency. Therefore, this is merely your unfounded opinion and nothing more.

9. Calling a candidate names based on unfounded opinions is the basis behind mudslinging. Just because you happen not to like him you join the vocal minority for the sake of slinging mud to a larger group of people in hopes of deteriorating views of the candidate.

10. Remember that McCain is a war veteran and a man who has fought for the rights of other veterans. He knows what it means not only to fight a war, but also what it means to be a prisoner of war. He is a man who never gave in to the enemy, who never gave up - a man who fought with everything he had for his country. John McCain has lived up to the highest standards of the United States' armed forces. Who are you to question his integrity or his desire to keep this country as the greatest country in the world? Who are you to question his understanding of the craft of warfare when he served honorably and you never have?

11. Lastly, don't use big words to make yourself sound smart, for if you fail in other regards it only will lower one's opinion of you. Don't show your hand to your enemy, for a wise enemy will always take advantage of it. And most importantly never ever underestimate your enemy, for he will always make you pay dearly for it. ---> Against me you have failed in each of these. You are years away from being able to handle your own against me, but let's just leave it at that...

"One can only legitimately prove his intelligence through discourse." ----> Better luck next time...
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Not from Japan, i...
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
ok so he's a little too old, but keep in mind that reagan was well past 70 when he became president
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

uberdan wrote:


sheighton wrote:


uberdan wrote:


sheighton wrote:


uberdan wrote:

Before you die hard Republicans start hate mailing me and calling me a communist or Nazi or want to hang me, please keep in mind he is too old. Before I hear he is good for business; He would be great for miracle ear, AARP, Life Alert and Canadian drugs. Finally his campaign slogan should be changed to "I have fallen and I can't get up."


FYI Nazis are on the political Right...Communist are on the Left...Take a guess what two mainstay American parties fall towards the moderate side of the Left and Right...

Anyways, here is the thing - age has nothing to do with anything. Is he going to die tomorrow? Maybe, but then again so might you or me. All that matters is whether or not the person is capable of doing the job to the best of their abilities, and so we try to find the person who can then do the job the best. I am tired from hearing stupid shit from morons like you on whether someone is too old or too young for anything, let alone political office. So I suggest this to you: Shut the fuck up, you stupid little insignificant fucking parasite, grow a freaking brain, and stop posting topics that amount to mudslinging just because you can't think of anything more intelligent to do!

Fucking twit!


You live with your parents dead, no family, having to pay rent and college tuition at the same time. FYI I have graduated high school two years early, and I have to work two jobs to support myself. I would donate; If didn't have to worry about eating. I know what Nazis and what a communists are; but people have called me those names because I voted for Romney in the primaries. Look at FDR, that old senile geezer who gave Stalin all of eastern Europe at Yalta. If do get me banned I will just use one of other screen names. You can't deprive of me of my first amendment rights. Is McCain is the The G.O.P can do? I would much rather have Romney run than McCain. McCain would worst President since Harding running. In addition to being senile, McCain is a brutal primordial troglodyte imperialist. He is one those people who think war is nothing more than civilization or empire earth game. For McCain I have no greater floccinaucinihilipilification than for any presidential candidate who has ever tried to run for office. We would be better off with Eugene V Debs running.


Evidently high school didn't do you all that much good, because you seem incapable of carrying on a fluid train of though within a paragraph - or maybe that is just because I happened to get you riled up a bit? Well, you just proved to me who the person is that would win in a debate if we actually decided to debate rather than argue...Hmm, that's not all that bad of an idea...

1. Clear trains of thought without run-on sentences or fragments should be your friend.

2. Don't make assumptions because it shows that you have actually nothing to back your argument.

3. No one, especially me, cares if you graduated from high school early. Big whoop and congratulations on your pointless feat!

4. You apparently didn't know where Nazis and Communists stand on the political spectrum, as you pointed towards hard-lining Republicans possibly labeling you as one of the two with no distinction between them. When this is taken into account with your post history that seems to follow slightly Leftist tendencies we can only logically conclude that you would be more likely called a Communist than a Nazi.

5. FDR has nothing to do with McCain, so this was a red herring and completely irrelevant.

6. The First Amendment does not apply to private venues - Crunchyroll is a private forum and therefore its administrator can restrict what you may say or not say however they please. Furthermore, if you were to get banned and create a new account, your IP address could simply be banned and that would be the end of the story...

7. Romney would be far less likely to win than McCain simply because he is a Mormon - you would understand if you actually knew a bit about politics.

8. You have no proof that McCain would actually be worse than Harding, rather he would likely be better - all you have to do is compare the two's political histories prior to the presidency. Therefore, this is merely your unfounded opinion and nothing more.

9. Calling a candidate names based on unfounded opinions is the basis behind mudslinging. Just because you happen not to like him you join the vocal minority for the sake of slinging mud to a larger group of people in hopes of deteriorating views of the candidate.

10. Remember that McCain is a war veteran and a man who has fought for the rights of other veterans. He knows what it means not only to fight a war, but also what it means to be a prisoner of war. He is a man who never gave in to the enemy, who never gave up - a man who fought with everything he had for his country. John McCain has lived up to the highest standards of the United States' armed forces. Who are you to question his integrity or his desire to keep this country as the greatest country in the world? Who are you to question his understanding of the craft of warfare when he served honorably and you never have?

11. Lastly, don't use big words to make yourself sound smart, for if you fail in other regards it only will lower one's opinion of you. Don't show your hand to your enemy, for a wise enemy will always take advantage of it. And most importantly never ever underestimate your enemy, for he will always make you pay dearly for it. ---> Against me you have failed in each of these. You are years away from being able to handle your own against me, but let's just leave it at that...

"One can only legitimately prove his intelligence through discourse." ----> Better luck next time...


Dude, I know what Nazis and communists are. I am just saying people called me those names. They said that because they resented me as being different. That is all. Do you understand me on that? I I know what state property and fascism are. Look at you, you made assumptions of me. Dose that make you any better? Where I live the primaries were in November. Plus didn't McCain sing "Bomb, Bomb, Iran?" Did McCain say "We will stay in a Iraq for a 100 years?" I am a devout pacifist. I would rather be executed than be forced to saluter another human being. I will never for vote for some one, who will prolong this war. Plus I have to pay a lot of taxes to help support this butchery. Has the U.S. government every wonder why the terrorist attack us? Why don't people ever learn violence only creates more violence?


I made no assumptions - if you believe I did, you assumed that I made assumptions. Furthermore, whether you are a Pacifist or not is not the point here; the point is not even whether or not the war in Iraq should be prolonged or not...If however you wish to discuss that, I would be more than happy to, there are probably several threads on this site which we could debate that on. Back on topic though, McCain never said either of those - this is just another example of your mudslinging. And finally, let me just say that the wars of the United States are not the reasons why it was subjected to terrorist attacks in 2001. There are entirely different reasons why this occurred and if you do not know them, I suggest you do a bit of research, or we could also have a nice little debate about our ideas on that subject as well...Your choice...
Posted 3/8/08
I don't think it really matters if John McCain is old. He has the experience and he himself knows of his capabilies. He said that if he became President he wouldn't stand for a second term.
1445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Yew Nork
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
There's no such thing as too old, unless the person is beginning to become mentally disabled.
917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / YO YO,NY
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
john mccaine is wacko after all that stuff he's been through he shouldn't be running for president but still it should'nt matter if he's old or not
12887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Through the looki...
Offline
Posted 3/8/08

uberdan wrote:


sheighton wrote:


uberdan wrote:


sheighton wrote:


uberdan wrote:


sheighton wrote:


uberdan wrote:

Before you die hard Republicans start hate mailing me and calling me a communist or Nazi or want to hang me, please keep in mind he is too old. Before I hear he is good for business; He would be great for miracle ear, AARP, Life Alert and Canadian drugs. Finally his campaign slogan should be changed to "I have fallen and I can't get up."


FYI Nazis are on the political Right...Communist are on the Left...Take a guess what two mainstay American parties fall towards the moderate side of the Left and Right...

Anyways, here is the thing - age has nothing to do with anything. Is he going to die tomorrow? Maybe, but then again so might you or me. All that matters is whether or not the person is capable of doing the job to the best of their abilities, and so we try to find the person who can then do the job the best. I am tired from hearing stupid shit from morons like you on whether someone is too old or too young for anything, let alone political office. So I suggest this to you: Shut the fuck up, you stupid little insignificant fucking parasite, grow a freaking brain, and stop posting topics that amount to mudslinging just because you can't think of anything more intelligent to do!

Fucking twit!


You live with your parents dead, no family, having to pay rent and college tuition at the same time. FYI I have graduated high school two years early, and I have to work two jobs to support myself. I would donate; If didn't have to worry about eating. I know what Nazis and what a communists are; but people have called me those names because I voted for Romney in the primaries. Look at FDR, that old senile geezer who gave Stalin all of eastern Europe at Yalta. If do get me banned I will just use one of other screen names. You can't deprive of me of my first amendment rights. Is McCain is the The G.O.P can do? I would much rather have Romney run than McCain. McCain would worst President since Harding running. In addition to being senile, McCain is a brutal primordial troglodyte imperialist. He is one those people who think war is nothing more than civilization or empire earth game. For McCain I have no greater floccinaucinihilipilification than for any presidential candidate who has ever tried to run for office. We would be better off with Eugene V Debs running.


Evidently high school didn't do you all that much good, because you seem incapable of carrying on a fluid train of though within a paragraph - or maybe that is just because I happened to get you riled up a bit? Well, you just proved to me who the person is that would win in a debate if we actually decided to debate rather than argue...Hmm, that's not all that bad of an idea...

1. Clear trains of thought without run-on sentences or fragments should be your friend.

2. Don't make assumptions because it shows that you have actually nothing to back your argument.

3. No one, especially me, cares if you graduated from high school early. Big whoop and congratulations on your pointless feat!

4. You apparently didn't know where Nazis and Communists stand on the political spectrum, as you pointed towards hard-lining Republicans possibly labeling you as one of the two with no distinction between them. When this is taken into account with your post history that seems to follow slightly Leftist tendencies we can only logically conclude that you would be more likely called a Communist than a Nazi.

5. FDR has nothing to do with McCain, so this was a red herring and completely irrelevant.

6. The First Amendment does not apply to private venues - Crunchyroll is a private forum and therefore its administrator can restrict what you may say or not say however they please. Furthermore, if you were to get banned and create a new account, your IP address could simply be banned and that would be the end of the story...

7. Romney would be far less likely to win than McCain simply because he is a Mormon - you would understand if you actually knew a bit about politics.

8. You have no proof that McCain would actually be worse than Harding, rather he would likely be better - all you have to do is compare the two's political histories prior to the presidency. Therefore, this is merely your unfounded opinion and nothing more.

9. Calling a candidate names based on unfounded opinions is the basis behind mudslinging. Just because you happen not to like him you join the vocal minority for the sake of slinging mud to a larger group of people in hopes of deteriorating views of the candidate.

10. Remember that McCain is a war veteran and a man who has fought for the rights of other veterans. He knows what it means not only to fight a war, but also what it means to be a prisoner of war. He is a man who never gave in to the enemy, who never gave up - a man who fought with everything he had for his country. John McCain has lived up to the highest standards of the United States' armed forces. Who are you to question his integrity or his desire to keep this country as the greatest country in the world? Who are you to question his understanding of the craft of warfare when he served honorably and you never have?

11. Lastly, don't use big words to make yourself sound smart, for if you fail in other regards it only will lower one's opinion of you. Don't show your hand to your enemy, for a wise enemy will always take advantage of it. And most importantly never ever underestimate your enemy, for he will always make you pay dearly for it. ---> Against me you have failed in each of these. You are years away from being able to handle your own against me, but let's just leave it at that...

"One can only legitimately prove his intelligence through discourse." ----> Better luck next time...


Dude, I know what Nazis and communists are. I am just saying people called me those names. They said that because they resented me as being different. That is all. Do you understand me on that? I I know what state property and fascism are. Look at you, you made assumptions of me. Dose that make you any better? Where I live the primaries were in November. Plus didn't McCain sing "Bomb, Bomb, Iran?" Did McCain say "We will stay in a Iraq for a 100 years?" I am a devout pacifist. I would rather be executed than be forced to saluter another human being. I will never for vote for some one, who will prolong this war. Plus I have to pay a lot of taxes to help support this butchery. Has the U.S. government every wonder why the terrorist attack us? Why don't people ever learn violence only creates more violence?


I made no assumptions - if you believe I did, you assumed that I made assumptions. Furthermore, whether you are a Pacifist or not is not the point here; the point is not even whether or not the war in Iraq should be prolonged or not...If however you wish to discuss that, I would be more than happy to, there are probably several threads on this site which we could debate that on. Back on topic though, McCain never said either of those - this is just another example of your mudslinging. And finally, let me just say that the wars of the United States are not the reasons why it was subjected to terrorist attacks in 2001. There are entirely different reasons why this occurred and if you do not know them, I suggest you do a bit of research, or we could also have a nice little debate about our ideas on that subject as well...Your choice...


1. (A) He did day that bomb Iran and saty in Iraq for a hundred years. I will send you the tape of him saying that on Television.
(b.) if you want it on youtube go here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39zae4IxUA
He says it near the near of his speech
for being Iraq in 100 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFknKVjuyNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTICWg-6hcQ
Whether you believe youtube is up to you.

2. this post was originally a joke. The miracle ear and the falling joke are jokes my friends told me.

3. here are some statistics on the Iraq war war is costing us.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15377059/
Do you know how much money 1 trillion is?

4. The war should be stopped.

5. You do Osama Bin Laden was once our ally. When the soviet union was around in the 1980s.

6. Maybe if the US and UN didn't drive them out of were Isreal is now. Look up the King David Hotel when Zionist bombed it. I am not being anti-Jew. I am not being Saying Israel is the main reason. However it is a factor to consider. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

7. None of terrorist were from Iraq.
go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11,_2001_attacks#The_hijackers

8. I think Iran should be left alone. Even though they want their nuclear power. Bombing any one would provoke retaliation.

9. Fuel Rod uranium dose not equal fat and little boy fuel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriched_uranium#Low-enriched_uranium_.28LEU.29
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/apr/12/iran.davidadam

10. Finally this conversation made me $25.



Let me just say this...You really have no idea how to manage an argument - it is quite obvious, as you do keep bringing up points that are completely irrelevant to what we are discussing. Just try to follow along.

1. Taking excerpts of speeches out of context to point towards another meaning entirely does not mean that someone actually said what you might think that they said. I recommend that you get your senses about you and start considering what is reliable information and what is not...Furthermore you actually need to understand what a person actually says. To do this, try objectively listening to what they are saying and try not to let your own interpretations cloud your judgment.

---> 1a. The part about "Bomb Iran" was taking entirely out of context for the sake of propaganda.
---> 1b. McCain is actually saying that he would be willing to commit troops to Iraq for 100 years IF it would guarantee the safety of Americans. This type of statement is commonly referred to an "if - then" statement and implies a possible scenario, not a given fact, plan, or ultimate desire.

2. Parts of your post could be seen in a sarcastic manner, yes, but overall you posts amount to nothing more than mudslinging.

3. The statistics of the Iraq war are irrelevant to this discussion.

4. You opinion on the Iraq war's continuation is irrelevant to this discussion.

5. Osama Bin Laden's former and current standings with the United States is irrelevant to this discussion.

6. US and UN involvement concerning Israel and the Middle East is irrelevant to this discussion.

7. You state the obvious and yet this too is irrelevant to this discussion.

8. Your opinion on possible future actions by the United States against Iran is irrelevant to this discussion.

9. Iran's nuclear power or nuclear weapon capabilities is irrelevant to this discussion.

10. You profiting off of this little interchange (however idiotic that may seem) is irrelevant to this discussion.

---> You are throwing red herrings into your own thread and taking it on a variety of different tangents merely to avoid the original argument - an argument that you have already lost but are trying in vain to continue. Essentially, your own posts are becoming nothing more than off-topic spam within your own thread and at the rate you are going a mod will likely have to be called in soon to remove them...
107174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
Yep, this is getting too much.
You must be logged in to post.