First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Disney Anime
2626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / america
Offline
Posted 3/7/08 , edited 3/7/08
I copied and pasted this off business

TOKYO

Entertainment giant Walt Disney Co. will team up with several Japanese companies to produce animated features in Japan, a leading market for such films, a Disney official said Thursday.

Disney will work with Toei Animation Co., Madhouse Co. and Jinni's Animation Studios, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to talk to the media.

The Nikkei, Japan's leading business daily, reported the move was aimed at bolstering Disney's efforts to gain wider acceptance of its animated programming in Asia. The company official declined to provide details.

With Madhouse, Disney will produce a TV program "Stitch!," an offspring of the Lilo & Stitch series, to be aired in Japan, the official said. With Jinni, Disney will make a short animation film "Fireball," she said.

The official could not provide further details on programming, referring queries to a public relations official who was not immediately available.

The Nikkei said the partnerships would allow Disney to tap local talent and computer graphics technology to produce programs targeting audiences in Japan and elsewhere in Asia.

These programs will be broadcast via satellite and terrestrial channels, but Disney will also look into delivering content to mobile phones, the report said.

Disney has its own animation and movie channels in more than 100 countries, including Japan, where it launched Disney Channel in 2003. The company also started offering a cellular phone service here this month.

The Nikkei said Toei Animation will tap Disney's distribution network to expand its overseas reach.

Disney, based in Burbank, Calif., will continue to look for partners, but it doesn't have plans for any acquisitions or capital tie-ups for now, the Nikkei said.

For Disney, a longtime producer of hit shows in the U.S., this will mark the first time that it has gone offshore with the core production processes for major programs, the report said.

The studio has tried to penetrate the global animation market by exporting programs, but has concluded that production should be localized from scratch so that its shows will be widely accepted in different countries and cultures, according to the Nikkei.
4531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / yaoi land~
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
0___0
ok....
306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Australia - Adelaide
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
Theres gonna be soooo many epileptic fits.
19084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
alright, disney,
37458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
never!!! anime and manga are japan's property! it's what makes them shine! other country's like mine need to find their own way to shine!!
Posted 3/7/08
Disney making an anime I am very scared....
2626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / america
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

abyssinianrose07 wrote:

Disney making an anime I am very scared....


DIsney has given us a lot of masterpieces in the past and they gave us parates of the carribean. Plus, they did an aweosme job dubbing spirted away.
Posted 3/7/08

jadenik wrote:


abyssinianrose07 wrote:

Disney making an anime I am very scared....


DIsney has given us a lot of masterpieces in the past and they gave us parates of the carribean. Plus, they did an aweosme job dubbing spirted away.


True POTC is awesome I am just thinking about all those old style ones like Cinderella lol.
29505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
I think Disney has the capability to make good anime. However, I think the fact Disney was kind of made for kids is going to somehow restrict those animes. Possibly making them not that interesting. But then, Disney has created great films meant for not just kids so I think they'll be able to make a great anime. Sure, anime was made in Japan but slowly you can see America's cartoons getting a bit...anime-ish. Anyways, I kind of look forward to it. Maybe when it comes out, I'll watch maybe a episode or two just to see if its good. =)
1168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / so cal
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
shouldn't disney be too busy with their 3d animation?
2626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / america
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

abyssinianrose07 wrote:


jadenik wrote:


abyssinianrose07 wrote:

Disney making an anime I am very scared....


DIsney has given us a lot of masterpieces in the past and they gave us parates of the carribean. Plus, they did an aweosme job dubbing spirted away.


True POTC is awesome I am just thinking about all those old style ones like Cinderella lol.


Those were pretty good. bambi was the first animation to feature death, but I prefer the pixar films and the ones from the nineties, fox and the hound is also the second film to make me cry.
1859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Federal Way
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
thats stupid.......disney is just, perverted, in just about every movie they have subliminal sex msgs, like in lion king, theres a penis that looks like a tower when simba is singing.......so gross O_O
2626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / america
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

nathan_sexplosion wrote:

shouldn't disney be too busy with their 3d animation?


They're a big company, they have the time.
2062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / M.I.A
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
Disney making an anime??! im not sure if i should be.. excited or not.. >.<
Posted 3/7/08

jadenik wrote:


abyssinianrose07 wrote:


jadenik wrote:


abyssinianrose07 wrote:

Disney making an anime I am very scared....


DIsney has given us a lot of masterpieces in the past and they gave us parates of the carribean. Plus, they did an aweosme job dubbing spirted away.


True POTC is awesome I am just thinking about all those old style ones like Cinderella lol.


Those were pretty good. bambi was the first animation to feature death, but I prefer the pixar films and the ones from the nineties, fox and the hound is also the second film to make me cry.


I know that and Bambi were so sad when I was a little lol.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.