First  Prev  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  Next  Last
Suicide
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 12/1/12

blackdahlia90 wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


blackdahlia90 wrote:

I can't say whether it's wrong or right, after all, that's all based on perception. What I can say is, it's sad to see people cut their lives so short. Life is full of changes and full of opportunities. Full of people you could have met, and things you could have experienced that you never gave yourself the chance to see. I think it's important we persevere through the hard times, because once we're through them we'll be that much tougher. And that's only human.
I didn't necessarily feel this topic was appropriate for the forums and wasn't going to post. But, for the people that are going through a rough time, remember yesterday can never change. But tomorrow is completely unknown. Persevere and look towards your goals, and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.


Why should I care about people I could have met or things I could have experienced? There is no guarantee that they will provide happiness to me or meaning to my life. There is no point in persevering and making goals if they do not lead to happiness.


There's also no guarantee they won't. It's better to know what could have been, than condemning yourself in this hopelessness. There's a huge world out there, and it's about finding things that truly make you happy. I am confident they are out there for you.


The chance of me finding happiness is so slim that it is not worth the effort of trying to find it. Why are you so sure that anybody can find happiness?
25371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 12/1/12 , edited 12/1/12
I've lived a pretty miserable life, in my opinion. It, being as it is, is my fault completely. The psychology of my own mind tells me that I can't fit in. That I should be constricted from the outside world to the point of total and absolute seclusion. I still believe that if I were truly alone, with no ties or responsibilities to any one or any thing binding me, perhaps I could start anew. However so that may be, it's difficult to actually achieve. If you happen to have these feelings, as well as a willpower strong enough to pull it off (which seems extremely rare) you may just have what it takes to do just that. I believe that some people commit suicide so that, rather than "ending it all," they want to see whether or not they would be able to have a second chance at a life. They naively take their own life, wishing and hoping that the slim chance of reincarnation--which really, can never be truly proven--exists and that they may have another chance. Let's say now, for instance, that reincarnation does exist--that these people who commit suicide do, in fact, get a second chance with a new life. How do they know in advance that this life will be better than their last? That's an easy question--they don't. They feel that their life was worth making that risk even if it was a good life that was just clouded by a few ignorant beliefs. Simultaneously, they send potentially hundreds of people into a moment of absolute despair upon taking their last breath.

Basically, what I'm trying to say with this is,

People who commit suicide are weak. You have to learn to control your life to get the output that you desire rather than selfishly feeling that you deserve a second chance. If you want no special output, then don't try to make a special output. That's truly difficult, and only a slim amount of people reach that point. The only people who hate you are the people who show that they hate you--that's how ones' mind should be set. They will never judge you if you can't do something that they can't do. And if, for some reason, they do judge you...well, there's a word for that: hypocrite.

Really, all that life ends up being is learning, making memories, and having fun with people who you love, in any way that is given to you: in person, through writing, over a phone, and yes, even on the internet.

Because really, what's life? Upon death, you lose everything that you gained. All of what I just mentioned is no longer of any use to you. Your emotions, your memories, your friendships...all of them end up being for naught. Nothing will ever negatively affect you again--nor will anything positive. You are one of many, many people, and of those many people, it ends up being difficult for even one person per generation to make a decision that truly changes the world forever. And even if you happen to be that one person, you will still lose everything upon dying, and you will, as it is inevitable, eventually be forgotten as a significant part of history.

The fact that one--everyone--loses everything upon death is the reason why there is no significant answer to the question, "What is the meaning of life?"
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 12/1/12 , edited 12/1/12

mwhitco91 wrote:

I've lived a pretty miserable life, in my opinion. It, being as it is, is my fault completely. The psychology of my own mind tells me that I can't fit in. That I should be constricted from the outside world to the point of total and absolute seclusion. I still believe that if I were truly alone, with no ties or responsibilities to any one or any thing binding me, perhaps I could start anew. However so that may be, it's difficult to actually achieve. If you happen to have these feelings, as well as a willpower strong enough to pull it off (which seems extremely rare) you may just have what it takes to do just that. I believe that some people commit suicide so that, rather than "ending it all," they want to see whether or not they would be able to have a second chance at a life. They naively take their own life, wishing and hoping that the slim chance of reincarnation--which really, can never be truly proven--exists and that they may have another chance. Let's say now, for instance, that reincarnation does exist--that these people who commit suicide do, in fact, get a second chance with a new life. How do they know in advance that this life will be better than their last? That's an easy question--they don't. They feel that their life was worth making that risk even if it was a good life that was just clouded by a few ignorant beliefs. Simultaneously, they send potentially hundreds of people into a moment of absolute despair upon taking their last breath.

Basically, what I'm trying to say with this is,

People who commit suicide are weak. You have to learn to control your life to get the output that you desire rather than selfishly feeling that you deserve a second chance. If you want no special output, then don't try to make a special output. That's truly difficult, and only a slim amount of people reach that point. The only people who hate you are the people who show that they hate you--that's how ones' mind should be set. They will never judge you if you can't do something that they can't do. And if, for some reason, they do judge you...well, there's a word for that: hypocrite.

Really, all that life ends up being is learning, making memories, and having fun with people who you love, in any way that is given to you: in person, through writing, over a phone, and yes, even on the internet.

Because really, what's life? Upon death, you lose everything that you gained. All of what I just mentioned is no longer of any use to you. Your emotions, your memories, your friendships...all of them end up being for naught. Nothing will ever negatively affect you again--nor will anything positive. You are one of many, many people, and of those many people, it ends up being difficult for even one person per generation to make a decision that truly changes the world forever. And even if you happen to be that one person, you will still lose everything upon dying, and you will, as it is inevitable, eventually be forgotten as a significant part of history.

The fact that one--everyone--loses everything upon death is the reason why there is no significant answer to the question, "What is the meaning of life?"


It would be nice to have a second chance at life, but that is not the reason why I want to die. The ultimate purpose for my death would be to take my life away from this world, regardless of whether or not my "being" continues to exist. What I really wish for is a reversal of time that includes revoking the creation of my very being, or soul. I don't really want another life, I just simply want to not exist.
25371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 12/1/12 , edited 12/1/12

lordseth23 wrote:



It would be nice to have a second chance at life, but that is not the reason why I want to die. The ultimate purpose for my death would be to take my life away from this world, regardless of whether or not my "being" continues to exist. What I really wish for is a reversal of time that includes revoking the creation of my very being, or soul. I don't really want another life, I just simply want to not exist.


But if you never existed, or ceased to do so, you would never get to accomplish that goal.

No matter what, time travel's impossible. That's a given. At least, it is to me. And even if it were, your existence would still be inevitable, so you'll have to live with it. You could try to make the argument, "what if something changed the course of time?" Well, nothing would change the course of time except for you, because no one's trying to change the course of time. And, because when you don't exist, you...don't exist. Nothing and no one would try to change the course of time. Everything would be the same, up to the point where you begin to exist, and then, being completely naive upon birth, you would have forgotten your suicidal ways up to the point where they began. And I would be making these posts again, and everything would just be the same. Heck, as far as we know, we could have been through this more than once already. And your future could have existed and taken place more than once already. We don't know what the future's like, of if a future currently exists in its' own present tense. That's something we'll never know!

If you exist right now, you'll exist always. You, like all of us, will eventually be forgotten, but not right away. If you feel the need to end your life, do it when you die of old age. It's the same thing, with the same ultimate result, but it only takes a sliver of time longer, when you compare it to the total time of the universe's existence. Sure, you may not have anyone you care about now, but as long as you're human, and as long as you continue to breathe, I'm sure that'll change. It's inevitable. Even if that person is yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know if that's your story. I haven't been following your posts, I'm just taking a wild guess. If you do have someone who cares for you already, and you care for them back, then why would you even consider this? That's foolish.

Have you watched Clannad?
If you haven't, watch it.
When you do--if you do--and I really, really hope you do--don't ignore anything that your body does on its' own.

I just took a look at your profile, so I'm assuming that you probably have. And if you haven't, I don't think you'd be against it. You just have to find a website that has it. I know that Netflix used to carry it, but they dropped the first season.

That story helped me out a lot. I can't even describe it. I might sound like a lunatic right now, but I certainly don't feel like one!

29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 12/1/12

mwhitco91 wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



It would be nice to have a second chance at life, but that is not the reason why I want to die. The ultimate purpose for my death would be to take my life away from this world, regardless of whether or not my "being" continues to exist. What I really wish for is a reversal of time that includes revoking the creation of my very being, or soul. I don't really want another life, I just simply want to not exist.


But if you never existed, or ceased to do so, you would never get to accomplish that goal.

No matter what, time travel's impossible. That's a given. At least, it is to me. And even if it were, your existence would still be inevitable, so you'll have to live with it. You could try to make the argument, "what if something changed the course of time?" Well, nothing would change the course of time except for you, because no one's trying to change the course of time. And, because when you don't exist, you...don't exist. Nothing and no one would try to change the course of time. Everything would be the same, up to the point where you begin to exist, and then, being completely naive upon birth, you would have forgotten your suicidal ways up to the point where they began. And I would be making these posts again, and everything would just be the same. Heck, as far as we know, we could have been through this more than once already. And your future could have existed and taken place more than once already. We don't know what the future's like, of if a future currently exists in its' own present tense. That's something we'll never know!

If you exist right now, you'll exist always. You, like all of us, will eventually be forgotten, but not right away. If you feel the need to end your life, do it when you die of old age. It's the same thing, with the same ultimate result, but it only takes a sliver of time longer, when you compare it to the total time of the universe's existence. Sure, you may not have anyone you care about now, but as long as you're human, and as long as you continue to breathe, I'm sure that'll change. It's inevitable. Even if that person is yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know if that's your story. I haven't been following your posts, I'm just taking a wild guess. If you do have someone who cares for you already, and you care for them back, then why would you even consider this? That's foolish.

Have you watched Clannad?
If you haven't, watch it.
When you do--if you do--and I really, really hope you do--don't ignore anything that your body does on its' own.

I just took a look at your profile, so I'm assuming that you probably have. And if you haven't, I don't think you'd be against it. You just have to find a website that has it. I know that Netflix used to carry it, but they dropped the first season.

That story helped me out a lot. I can't even describe it. I might sound like a lunatic right now, but I certainly don't feel like one!



I have watched Clannad, but not After Story. When I watch something so indistinguishably perfect like that, it just makes me even more depressed to know that I will never be able to live a life similar to Tomoya's.

And yeah, I know that Nagisa dies and all, but that isn't the point. To know that there is one person that compliments your existence, even if they are not there in body but in spirit, is enough reason to live. Unfortunately, I will never experience love in its truest form like that.
25371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / West-Central Florida
Offline
Posted 12/1/12

lordseth23 wrote:


I have watched Clannad, but not After Story. When I watch something so indistinguishably perfect like that, it just makes me even more depressed to know that I will never be able to live a life similar to Tomoya's.





Trust me, okay? After you finish it, I would love to discuss it with you. I haven't seen that anime for just over nine months. I only saw it once, but it won't be long before I see it again.

55090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Offline
Posted 12/1/12
Been there done it I survive it why beats me? Never left a silly note I just did it. Once your dead your forgotten pretty fast, you may be a memory to some but most not even that. A little advice most emotional pain will go away even good feelings do that give it time. If dose not go find help. Most of you are young people, and may think you know all about life wait until your 29 then you start to understand you may not really understand it all. 39 and 49 you will realizes just how little you really understand about the world and yourself if you can live that long. If your healthy young you have a life ahead of you.
121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/2/12 , edited 12/2/12



I never said my pain matters more. I am strictly speaking about quantity, not quality. It definitely does not matter more, in fact it matters much less than that of many others who have better lives than me. If a particular person happens to have the same amount of pain as I do, then they should be allowed to die as well.


But you did imply it by suggesting that the pain of living for someone is much greater. How do you even quantify pain and suffering or compare someone pain to another when it's something that can be very subjective. What seems trivial to one person can be a cause for so much pain in another, so at what point should we simply allow people to die?




Yes, opportunities do exist, but they are not worth the risk because they do not guarantee fatality.


That sounds like an excuse to me. You're not even willing to take risks for what you want? Here I was assuming that for you there was no life that could be worse than the one you have now. This life or that life what's the difference?


I would gladly lose ownership of my life for the chance to not exist.


You will cease to exist eventually, just that not many people are willing to help you accelerate it since the perceived benefits for you and others are very small. You own your own life and you do with it what you like but when you make decisions that deliberately affects others in such a significantly negative and permanent way then you'll find there will be restrictions.

815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AnimeSekai
Offline
Posted 12/10/12
sin. only mega idiots would suicide.I mean ending ur own life? thats just idiotic.
Posted 12/11/12
I often envy people who have enough courage to follow through with it.

/emo
29425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

al-noral wrote:

sin. only mega idiots would suicide.I mean ending ur own life? thats just idiotic.


How is it idiotic? If I ended my life now, that would mean any resources that I would consume in the future would go towards more deserving people. Why shouldn't I want to die?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

lordseth23 wrote:


al-noral wrote:

sin. only mega idiots would suicide.I mean ending ur own life? thats just idiotic.


How is it idiotic? If I ended my life now, that would mean any resources that I would consume in the future would go towards more deserving people. Why shouldn't I want to die?


Why don't you just end yourself right now?

Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 12/12/12 , edited 1/10/13


Man, you're funny. Yeah, you're right. I hope you don't find a way to kill yourself, though. I hope you make to next year.

1594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Nun Ya
Offline
Posted 12/18/12

KehNee wrote:

Never tryed or wanted to commit suicide..enjoy your life guys.. if you commit suicide you'll regret it later, if your going through a hard time just bare with it~

"-Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."


I'm roughly 90% certain no one would regret committing suicide... you aren't alive anymore to regret it...
First  Prev  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.