Post Reply Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes and ideas
Baker
57774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
Hi there! I'm a recent vegan, and I'm really new to this lifestyle. As a result, I have very few recipes. I'm sensitive to soy, too, so that makes things even harder. Any recipes/tips/ideas would be sooooo helpful.

I do know a couple things already, like using grated mushrooms sauted with beef oxo and garlic powder makes a ... hamburger? substitute. It doesn't taste like hamburger, but it is yummy, and works well for things like Shepherd's pie. Also, Roasted Red Peppers have the texture of raw chicken, and if you add chicken oxo, you can kinda, sorta, (not really, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do) chicken breasts.

Creator
116331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / At the studio.
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
People are askin for my fritatta recipie.. it pretty easy and takes 10 min to prepare! Chop up two cups of your fav mushrooms. I used shitake and white and crimeni. also cut up about 2 cups of asparagus. (1 1/2 inch pieces) Heat your oven on broil. Then on your burner in a NON STICK pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, saute mushrooms, then add and saute asparagus, till slightly tender.(about 5 min all together) while those are cookin, in a bowl, scramble 3 whole eggs and two egg whites, mix in a quarter cup Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, salt and pepper. (and if you like parsley, a tablepoon of chopped parsly, but i dont like it, so i don't add it! ) Now, make sure, there's still some oil in your pan, maybe add a tsp or two more, then pour egg mix into the pan with the vegies. let it set up, (using spatula to loosen edges) for 4 min or so. then, top set-up egg mix with another 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and pop pan under the broiler for 2 min or so, till cheese is melted and gets golden.. (careful not to burn it!) that's IT... easy and tastey!
Baker
57774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 3/15/08
Does anyone have a recipe for Omurice? It really looks good, and eggs are one of the very few vegan rules I can break.
Baker
57774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / canada
Offline
Posted 2/5/09

LegendarySucker wrote:

People are askin for my fritatta recipie.. it pretty easy and takes 10 min to prepare! Chop up two cups of your fav mushrooms. I used shitake and white and crimeni. also cut up about 2 cups of asparagus. (1 1/2 inch pieces) Heat your oven on broil. Then on your burner in a NON STICK pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, saute mushrooms, then add and saute asparagus, till slightly tender.(about 5 min all together) while those are cookin, in a bowl, scramble 3 whole eggs and two egg whites, mix in a quarter cup Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, salt and pepper. (and if you like parsley, a tablepoon of chopped parsly, but i dont like it, so i don't add it! ) Now, make sure, there's still some oil in your pan, maybe add a tsp or two more, then pour egg mix into the pan with the vegies. let it set up, (using spatula to loosen edges) for 4 min or so. then, top set-up egg mix with another 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and pop pan under the broiler for 2 min or so, till cheese is melted and gets golden.. (careful not to burn it!) that's IT... easy and tastey!


The only problem with fritatta is that you have to have an oven safe skillet to brown the cheese. My oven safe skillets aren't non-stick, so I would need to oil my pan (or spray it)...won't the extra oil affect the lightness of the eggs?
Creator
116331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / At the studio.
Offline
Posted 2/5/09

kimmm6 wrote:


LegendarySucker wrote:

People are askin for my fritatta recipie.. it pretty easy and takes 10 min to prepare! Chop up two cups of your fav mushrooms. I used shitake and white and crimeni. also cut up about 2 cups of asparagus. (1 1/2 inch pieces) Heat your oven on broil. Then on your burner in a NON STICK pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, saute mushrooms, then add and saute asparagus, till slightly tender.(about 5 min all together) while those are cookin, in a bowl, scramble 3 whole eggs and two egg whites, mix in a quarter cup Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, salt and pepper. (and if you like parsley, a tablepoon of chopped parsly, but i dont like it, so i don't add it! ) Now, make sure, there's still some oil in your pan, maybe add a tsp or two more, then pour egg mix into the pan with the vegies. let it set up, (using spatula to loosen edges) for 4 min or so. then, top set-up egg mix with another 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and pop pan under the broiler for 2 min or so, till cheese is melted and gets golden.. (careful not to burn it!) that's IT... easy and tastey!


The only problem with fritatta is that you have to have an oven safe skillet to brown the cheese. My oven safe skillets aren't non-stick, so I would need to oil my pan (or spray it)...won't the extra oil affect the lightness of the eggs?


Humph... bakers and their chemistry... The answer IS....I DONT know?? The recipe DOES call for oil in the pan, but also a non-stick pan, so I guess you might have to experiment!
Souse Chef
4074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / m e x i c o
Offline
Posted 2/12/09

kimmm6 wrote:

Hi there! I'm a recent vegan, and I'm really new to this lifestyle. As a result, I have very few recipes. I'm sensitive to soy, too, so that makes things even harder. Any recipes/tips/ideas would be sooooo helpful.

I do know a couple things already, like using grated mushrooms sauted with beef oxo and garlic powder makes a ... hamburger? substitute. It doesn't taste like hamburger, but it is yummy, and works well for things like Shepherd's pie. Also, Roasted Red Peppers have the texture of raw chicken, and if you add chicken oxo, you can kinda, sorta, (not really, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do) chicken breasts.



here this is a web page
with some ideas
http://community.livejournal.com/bakebakebake/tag/vegetarian
Creator
116331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / At the studio.
Offline
Posted 2/12/09

kimmm6 wrote:

Hi there! I'm a recent vegan, and I'm really new to this lifestyle. As a result, I have very few recipes. I'm sensitive to soy, too, so that makes things even harder. Any recipes/tips/ideas would be sooooo helpful.

I do know a couple things already, like using grated mushrooms sauted with beef oxo and garlic powder makes a ... hamburger? substitute. It doesn't taste like hamburger, but it is yummy, and works well for things like Shepherd's pie. Also, Roasted Red Peppers have the texture of raw chicken, and if you add chicken oxo, you can kinda, sorta, (not really, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do) chicken breasts.



Darn.. Im sorry...(is reminded that you needed the vegan cookie recipe!) I'll get it!!
You must be logged in to post.