First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Racism within your own Race.
3594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Where the clowns...
Offline
Posted 4/1/08

nene817 wrote:

Well, it's impossible to have racism within your own race. Prejudice would be the word, and no, it isn't the same thing. But yea, there is the whole "you black as night" and "bald-headed" crap. If you have good self-esteem, it shouldn't bother you.


Do you mean prejudice and discrimination? I don't think as many people mix up racism/prejudice as they do prejudice/discrimination.

I think it is possible to have racism within your own race (especially if the person in question can easily denounce themselves as part of that race)... but what I'm reading from the first post are people setting double standards within a race. And it sucks, but happens all all the time - and not just for race.
Posted 4/1/08

LG135 wrote:


nene817 wrote:

Well, it's impossible to have racism within your own race. Prejudice would be the word, and no, it isn't the same thing. But yea, there is the whole "you black as night" and "bald-headed" crap. If you have good self-esteem, it shouldn't bother you.


Do you mean prejudice and discrimination? I don't think as many people mix up racism/prejudice as they do prejudice/discrimination.

I think it is possible to have racism within your own race (especially if the person in question can easily denounce themselves as part of that race)... but what I'm reading from the first post are people setting double standards within a race. And it sucks, but happens all all the time - and not just for race.


It's that people don't know what the true definition of racism is. It's when you believe that race primarily determines human abilities and the differences of races make one superior over another. So it's impossible to be racist to your own race. What gets me is that people through around such a string word without knowing the true definition.
1046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / On a mountain som...
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
Racism within your own race? Isnt that basiclly Misanthropy? Actually they hate humans in generall so not much of a point being made..........
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 4/1/08

PrincessYume wrote:

My mom was happy to see that i was born with a small nose and lips. She doesn't want me out in the sun too long and she'd like it that my boyfriends are either white or not black as night.

But a lot of black people in America!!! African-Americans to be exact, have a lot of european features. It's because we have mixed with the europeans for so long, that we are able to inherit different colored hair and eyes. As well as a lighter skin color. But people think it's beautiful because that's what america says is beautiful.

Sometimes i was i was another race. White people have it so much better. You don't even know how hard it is to get a boyfriend.
White people don't have anything that much better. You have to earn everything you want in life, no matter how many handicaps you have.

Anyways, I'm not racist against my own race, it's just that the majority of people that are around me (except my family) are very ghetto. They don't seem to have any values and they don't seem to care about anything, except shoes, or some other random shit. I hate the way they act, but I don't hate them, because they're black. They just don't know any better.

1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Netherlands
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
'Robert F. Kennedy:

But suppose God is black? What if we go to Heaven and we, all our lives, have treated the Negro as an inferior, and God is there, and we look up and He is not white? What then is our response?'

I think it's in human nature to fear the unknown, so that fear can be transformed into hate, especially between races and even within races like you said.
2634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/08
Eh its common between Asians who can speak their ethnic language and those who can't. The ones who can tend to look down on those who can't and try to make them feel inferior or that they aren't really part of that ethnicity
870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
I'm dark skinned have long hair but on top of that I'm African. Even though we both basically come from the same place, African American kids always make fun of me. There is racisim among race.
1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

BeautyBlade wrote:

I'm dark skinned have long hair but on top of that I'm African. Even though we both basically come from the same place, African American kids always make fun of me. There is racisim among race.


they make fun of you cause you're dark. Simply as that. we African-Americans think that we are better than everyone else, because...we are mixed with european.
870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

PrincessYume wrote:


BeautyBlade wrote:

I'm dark skinned have long hair but on top of that I'm African. Even though we both basically come from the same place, African American kids always make fun of me. There is racisim among race.


they make fun of you cause you're dark. Simply as that. we African-Americans think that we are better than everyone else, because...we are mixed with european.


That's the thing...I'm on the dark side, but my father is African-American and he's light skinned. My mom's dark (not that dark) and African so I'm a mix. Whenever they make fun of me, I laugh.
870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

Lamak wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:

My mom was happy to see that i was born with a small nose and lips. She doesn't want me out in the sun too long and she'd like it that my boyfriends are either white or not black as night.

But a lot of black people in America!!! African-Americans to be exact, have a lot of european features. It's because we have mixed with the europeans for so long, that we are able to inherit different colored hair and eyes. As well as a lighter skin color. But people think it's beautiful because that's what america says is beautiful.

Sometimes i was i was another race. White people have it so much better. You don't even know how hard it is to get a boyfriend.
White people don't have anything that much better. You have to earn everything you want in life, no matter how many handicaps you have.

Anyways, I'm not racist against my own race, it's just that the majority of people that are around me (except my family) are very ghetto. They don't seem to have any values and they don't seem to care about anything, except shoes, or some other random shit. I hate the way they act, but I don't hate them, because they're black. They just don't know any better.



Good God that's so true! I don't understand what the fascination is about sneakers! Some of the kids in my class are just fufulling sterotypes about black people.
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

BeautyBlade wrote:


Lamak wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:

My mom was happy to see that i was born with a small nose and lips. She doesn't want me out in the sun too long and she'd like it that my boyfriends are either white or not black as night.

But a lot of black people in America!!! African-Americans to be exact, have a lot of european features. It's because we have mixed with the europeans for so long, that we are able to inherit different colored hair and eyes. As well as a lighter skin color. But people think it's beautiful because that's what america says is beautiful.

Sometimes i was i was another race. White people have it so much better. You don't even know how hard it is to get a boyfriend.
White people don't have anything that much better. You have to earn everything you want in life, no matter how many handicaps you have.

Anyways, I'm not racist against my own race, it's just that the majority of people that are around me (except my family) are very ghetto. They don't seem to have any values and they don't seem to care about anything, except shoes, or some other random shit. I hate the way they act, but I don't hate them, because they're black. They just don't know any better.



Good God that's so true! I don't understand what the fascination is about sneakers! Some of the kids in my class are just fufulling sterotypes about black people.
The fascination with shoes at my school is there, because we have to wear uniform. They don't really enforce shoes, so people show off with them. Jordans, Air Forces, all those brands. ;/

1104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 4/5/08

BeautyBlade wrote:


PrincessYume wrote:


BeautyBlade wrote:

I'm dark skinned have long hair but on top of that I'm African. Even though we both basically come from the same place, African American kids always make fun of me. There is racisim among race.


they make fun of you cause you're dark. Simply as that. we African-Americans think that we are better than everyone else, because...we are mixed with european.


That's the thing...I'm on the dark side, but my father is African-American and he's light skinned. My mom's dark (not that dark) and African so I'm a mix. Whenever they make fun of me, I laugh.


yeah. Well i'm sorry. They should probably get over themselves. I for one think dark skin is beautiful.
3514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / canada
Offline
Posted 4/5/08
...hmm well i'm a filipino ...and there's this person called a "fob"
definition of a fob: "fresh of the boat" meaning that this person just recently moved to america/canada, north american countries speaks in english, but because a "fob" is new they wont be able to speak english well...so we make fun of their accent and the way they mispronounce words x)
ex. how do you know you are a fob?
because you have sat in a 4-seater car with up to 8 other people x)...i find this joke hilarious! because it's true to filipinos like me xP

....i'm ashamed that i laugh at these racist filipino jokes...even if i am one

ex 2. this canadian guy was about to trip, a filipino guy tried to stop him from tripping and he said "MADAPAKA!!!!" (also can be heard as "motherf****er" >_< sorry for bad language) so the canadian guy said WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME!?!?!?
this joke is hilarious to me too :')
960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / supposidly the "b...
Offline
Posted 4/12/08
i know a self-hating korean
and the only thing i have to say
is that for me, its the people u don't
expect to be racist
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.