First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Japanese Idols!
892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
What is an Japanese Idol?
Refers to a mostly female media personalities in their teens and early twenties who are considered particularly cute and pretty and who will, for a period ranging from several months to a few years, regularly appear in the mass media.
For exmaple: singers for J-pop groups, bit-part actors, TV personalities (tarento), models in photo spreads published in magazines, advertisements, etc. (From Wiki)

I learned about Idols from dannychoo.com becuase he likes to take photos of young new idols on their quest to ultimate stardom!

Has there ever been a non-Japanese idol in Japan?
And if there has not been one, do you think there ever will be one?
11905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / 知念と中島′s 心。。。^_^
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
hmmm... i dont think that there has a non-japanese idol in japan but i hope they will accept non-japanese cuz my dream is to be a japanese pop idol so i hope... ^^
Posted 3/9/08
hmmmmm i'm ot sure if ollvia lufkin fits in here. not sure but i'm throwing her name here.
892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 3/9/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

wrong section


How so?? Back up your response. Beacuse Japanese Idols can be singers or actresses or models or just on T.V. So Japanese Idols are basically very general! They can be anything and everything! If I post this in the Drama section then I would have to post this in the Music section as well!

Japanese Idols are basically people well known within Japan's Pop Culture.
Posted 3/9/08

hArUhI19 wrote:

hmmm... i dont think that there has a non-japanese idol in japan but i hope they will accept non-japanese cuz my dream is to be a japanese pop idol so i hope... ^^


Are you blind?? There are tons of non Japanese idols in Japan.
Have you watched Japanese variety shows so many of them are foreigners. Most of them being american.
892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 3/9/08

blablabla9876 wrote:


hArUhI19 wrote:

hmmm... i dont think that there has a non-japanese idol in japan but i hope they will accept non-japanese cuz my dream is to be a japanese pop idol so i hope... ^^


Are you blind?? There are tons of non Japanese idols in Japan.
Have you watched Japanese variety shows so many of them are foreigners. Most of them being american.


Really Like whom?? Sorry I should have been more specific. I made this too general. Im talking about the girls. The Female idols the ones that do photoshoots and have their own photo books.

Do you know of any non-Japanese ones like that??

Anyways besides that what non-Japanese Idols do you know of?? Please share.
1344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
My friend David is obessed with this japanese singer/voice actress Shoko Nakagawa (the one that likes to take pictures with her cats in her mouth) She is one of the top bloggers in Japan and turns her online blogs into 'blog books'
Posted 3/9/08
GazettE
13418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / JPN -> KR -> USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
u know that guys can be japanese idols too.... for example, dudes from Hikaru Genji(jeez so old) ...they were considered "IDOL"


xce91 wrote:

GazettE


and ....uhhh not sure.. they're too 'dark' to be an idol.. lolz idk


YummiOkashi wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:


hArUhI19 wrote:

hmmm... i dont think that there has a non-japanese idol in japan but i hope they will accept non-japanese cuz my dream is to be a japanese pop idol so i hope... ^^


Are you blind?? There are tons of non Japanese idols in Japan.
Have you watched Japanese variety shows so many of them are foreigners. Most of them being american.


Really Like whom?? Sorry I should have been more specific. I made this too general. Im talking about the girls. The Female idols the ones that do photoshoots and have their own photo books.

Do you know of any non-Japanese ones like that??

Anyways besides that what non-Japanese Idols do you know of?? Please share.


uhh Leah Dizon.. that's the only non-Japanese Idol i know that became famous and popular in Japan... rest are usually famous around the world.. like Beckam(he's not idol), he's in alot of variety shows as a guest..

and hey, photoshoots in bikini or school uniform or casual clothes = is called gravure idols
259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CANADA
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
Morgan Freeman.
5871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Thailand
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
I always thought idols referred mostly to males..
SInce most of the idol websites bring up like Johnny and Junon boys
Idol magazines like Wink Up and Potato and such feature Johnny boys
Even porn movies featuring Johnny-looking boys have titles like "Idol beach"

But regardless..though they can be pretty hot,
I wish people all over wouldn't try to copy the style just cause it's in at the moment :/ Overdose on copying is a bad thing
Posted 3/9/08
Wouldn't the cast from HYD be considered idols?
If I'm don't bitch at me and quote me okay?
892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 3/9/08
I just looked Leah Dizon up and she is very much Asian!

Do you think there will ever be an American gravure Idol or Idol in general???
8306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / in MUAHAHAHAHHAHA...
Offline
Posted 4/4/08
Naitomea!!!
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 4/4/08

fizzbitch wrote:

Morgan Freeman.


haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.