First  Prev  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  Next  Last
What if it was -proven- that God -does- exist?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/8/09

blacktulip_y
Blame it on dyslexie. I misread it.


No biggie. Happens to everyone.
8290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
ѕσмєωнєяє
Offline
Posted 2/16/10

abyaradia wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


manzi wrote:

wahaha... interesting take on pascal's wager...


fun trivia:

allah is just arabic for god... and jesus was mentioned several times in the koran as a great prophet (still not as great as mohammed but still pretty great according to muslims) in the arabic form "isa" of his jewish name "yeshua"...



The Islamic image of God and the Christian image of God are entirely different. The trick that the Islamic faith is the same thing as the Christian faith is some of the stupidest crap ever. Pieces of the Christian bible were integrated into the Koran to win over Christians and Jews to their faith. However, most of the Christians and Jews shunned the absurd idea and saw it as a ploy.






okay if you dont like the islamic religion then no is forcing to like it but dont start badmouthing other peoples religion okay, i couldnt care less if you believe in any religion or not but keep your silly comments about a religion you know nothing about to yourself. and to the other one mohamed, jesus and all the other prophets are praised in the Quraan in many chapters and nowhere does it say that any of them is better than the other or that any human is better than another. go learn more about islam if you want to argue but please keep your ignorance to yourself. also the Quraan is the word of allah( by the way allah is onky one of the 99 names of god) and no piece of the bible or the towraah has been added to it. and tr and be more tolerant. feel free to ask anything anytime


haha got pwnd xD thnx for explaining i wuz getting angry when i read his post
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/16/10
'If it was proven that God was real.. I could no longer be an atheist.. But it does not mean I have to agree with its Barbaric actions, or even trust it.' Because there still its bloody Path.. And I am not the type to love a person who said they love me, yet if I do not love them she is going to hurt me in some way.

So even if I would not be an atheist any more, my opinion on this god would not change much.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 2/16/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If it was proven that God was real.. I could no longer be an atheist.. But it does not mean I have to agree with its Barbaric actions, or even trust it.' Because there still its bloody Path.. And I am not the type to love a person who said they love me, yet if I do not love them she is going to hurt me in some way.

So even if I would not be an atheist any more, my opinion on this god would not change much.


Your view on God and religion is very ignorant. Christianity, specifically a fundamentalist view of Christianity, is not the only way to see God.

I recently went to a religious seminar where people of different faiths and an atheist spoke, and I'm always surprised at how little some atheists know about philosophy and religion in general. Especially prominent "atheists" like Richard Dawkins are ridiculously ignorant and don't know the first thing about philosophy, it's very ironic.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/16/10

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If it was proven that God was real.. I could no longer be an atheist.. But it does not mean I have to agree with its Barbaric actions, or even trust it.' Because there still its bloody Path.. And I am not the type to love a person who said they love me, yet if I do not love them she is going to hurt me in some way.

So even if I would not be an atheist any more, my opinion on this god would not change much.


Your view on God and religion is very ignorant. Christianity, specifically a fundamentalist view of Christianity, is not the only way to see God.

I recently went to a religious seminar where people of different faiths and an atheist spoke, and I'm always surprised at how little some atheists know about philosophy and religion in general. Especially prominent "atheists" like Richard Dawkins are ridiculously ignorant and don't know the first thing about philosophy, it's very ironic.


'This single god is just about the same in all forms of its religions. From the Muslims to all 4000 christian branches of the single God religion. I was taking what is known from most of them that they share.
Each and everyone one of them demand obedience, Demand you love them no matter what or you can suffer! This is a fact for most if not all the single god religions.. So my opinion is not Ignorant but the logical outcome from what I have seen with most of the one god religions.
Trust me I have more respect for other religions, based on Gods do to less violent background and path they fallow them selves.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 2/16/10 , edited 2/16/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If it was proven that God was real.. I could no longer be an atheist.. But it does not mean I have to agree with its Barbaric actions, or even trust it.' Because there still its bloody Path.. And I am not the type to love a person who said they love me, yet if I do not love them she is going to hurt me in some way.

So even if I would not be an atheist any more, my opinion on this god would not change much.


Your view on God and religion is very ignorant. Christianity, specifically a fundamentalist view of Christianity, is not the only way to see God.

I recently went to a religious seminar where people of different faiths and an atheist spoke, and I'm always surprised at how little some atheists know about philosophy and religion in general. Especially prominent "atheists" like Richard Dawkins are ridiculously ignorant and don't know the first thing about philosophy, it's very ironic.


'This single god is just about the same in all forms of its religions. From the Muslims to all 4000 christian branches of the single God religion. I was taking what is known from most of them that they share.
Each and everyone one of them demand obedience, Demand you love them no matter what or you can suffer! This is a fact for most if not all the single god religions.. So my opinion is not Ignorant but the logical outcome from what I have seen with most of the one god religions.
Trust me I have more respect for other religions, based on Gods do to less violent background and path they fallow them selves.


No it's not the same in all forms of its religion, and it's not "this" God, the idea of God and divine beings in general is very well understood by most serious theologians.

If that's your full understanding of it, then you are very ignorant on the subject. You should study some basic theology and recent philosophers' explanations and theories.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/16/10 , edited 2/16/10

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If it was proven that God was real.. I could no longer be an atheist.. But it does not mean I have to agree with its Barbaric actions, or even trust it.' Because there still its bloody Path.. And I am not the type to love a person who said they love me, yet if I do not love them she is going to hurt me in some way.

So even if I would not be an atheist any more, my opinion on this god would not change much.


Your view on God and religion is very ignorant. Christianity, specifically a fundamentalist view of Christianity, is not the only way to see God.

I recently went to a religious seminar where people of different faiths and an atheist spoke, and I'm always surprised at how little some atheists know about philosophy and religion in general. Especially prominent "atheists" like Richard Dawkins are ridiculously ignorant and don't know the first thing about philosophy, it's very ironic.


'This single god is just about the same in all forms of its religions. From the Muslims to all 4000 christian branches of the single God religion. I was taking what is known from most of them that they share.
Each and everyone one of them demand obedience, Demand you love them no matter what or you can suffer! This is a fact for most if not all the single god religions.. So my opinion is not Ignorant but the logical outcome from what I have seen with most of the one god religions.
Trust me I have more respect for other religions, based on Gods do to less violent background and path they fallow them selves.


No it's not the same in all forms of its religion, and it's not "this" God, the idea of God and divine beings in general is very well understood by most serious theologians.

If that's your full understanding of it, then you are very ignorant on the subject. You should study some basic theology and recent philosophers' explanations and theories.



Lets go with your understanding of god.
Does God demand people to love him or you go to hell... YES or NO?
Did God kill over millions of people in a flood. Yes or No?
On another note I would not mind the Deist form of god, at least that God does not use fear to attract people.

An do not say he does not, because no matter what Bible or book you pick up there is samples of God showing his Jealousy, Hate, and Blood thirsty Background.

I am being Blunt I am not talking about some of the Philosophers Ideals!!! I am talking about the gods that are Black and white printed in there books. And I am judging them by what they have done. Not on some persons romantic ideals of what there ideal of the god is.
In other words I am judging God the same way I would Judge a person, by there actions, and how they them selves justify it!
In other words I am basing this God on there own stories, not some Ideals cooked up by some modern religious quack claiming to be a philosopher.
The fact you look past the information given to you right in your own Bibles show your Ignorant of your own God. (do not forget the bible is the word of God!)
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 2/16/10
God doesn't kill for pleasure, however He is just. The Bible says the flood happened because humanity was wretchedly sinful and refused to change its ways, so God in His justice decided to start anew with Noah and his family. It took Noah 150 years to build the ark, so it's not like humanity wasn't warned for many decades of the coming calamity. God doesn't delight in death and isn't a wicked killer. God's desire is that we repent and live, He doesn't enjoy having to punish. Eze 18:20 The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him. Eze 18:21 "But if a wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, he will surely live; he will not die. Eze 18:22 None of the offenses he has committed will be remembered against him. Because of the righteous things he has done, he will live. Eze 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? Eze 18:24 "But if a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked man does, will he live? None of the righteous things he has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness he is guilty of and because of the sins he has committed, he will die. Eze 18:25 "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? Eze 18:26 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die. Eze 18:27 But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life. Eze 18:28 Because he considers all the offenses he has committed and turns away from them, he will surely live; he will not die. Eze 18:29 Yet the house of Israel says, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Are my ways unjust, O house of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust? Eze 18:30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Eze 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? Eze 18:32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 2/16/10 , edited 2/16/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Lets go with your understanding of god.
Does God demand people to love him or you go to hell... YES or NO?
Did God kill over millions of people in a flood. Yes or No?
On another note I would not mind the Deist form of god, at least that God does not use fear to attract people.

An do not say he does not, because no matter what Bible or book you pick up there is samples of God showing his Jealousy, Hate, and Blood thirsty Background.

I am being Blunt I am not talking about some of the Philosophers Ideals!!! I am talking about the gods that are Black and white printed in there books. And I am judging them by what they have done. Not on some persons romantic ideals of what there ideal of the god is.
In other words I am judging God the same way I would Judge a person, by there actions, and how they them selves justify it!
In other words I am basing this God on there own stories, not some Ideals cooked up by some modern religious quack claiming to be a philosopher.
The fact you look past the information given to you right in your own Bibles show your Ignorant of your own God. (do not forget the bible is the word of God!)


Forget about the Bible, forget about Christianity and religion in general, again, it seems like you have very, very, weak understanding of God and religion because you keep thinking fundamentalist Christianity is the only view people can have of a higher power.
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/16/10 , edited 2/16/10

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Lets go with your understanding of god.
Does God demand people to love him or you go to hell... YES or NO?
Did God kill over millions of people in a flood. Yes or No?
On another note I would not mind the Deist form of god, at least that God does not use fear to attract people.

An do not say he does not, because no matter what Bible or book you pick up there is samples of God showing his Jealousy, Hate, and Blood thirsty Background.

I am being Blunt I am not talking about some of the Philosophers Ideals!!! I am talking about the gods that are Black and white printed in there books. And I am judging them by what they have done. Not on some persons romantic ideals of what there ideal of the god is.
In other words I am judging God the same way I would Judge a person, by there actions, and how they them selves justify it!
In other words I am basing this God on there own stories, not some Ideals cooked up by some modern religious quack claiming to be a philosopher.
The fact you look past the information given to you right in your own Bibles show your Ignorant of your own God. (do not forget the bible is the word of God!)


Forget about the Bible, forget about Christianity and religion in general, again, it seems like you have very, very, weak understanding of God and religion because you keep thinking fundamentalist Christianity is the only view people can have of a higher power.


You still do not get it.. I am basing my opinion on god on what we know of god, from not just Christian religions but all single god religions.
I am basing My opinion on what he did. Not on other people opinions on what a god is.
What do I know of Conan the Barbarian comes from the books I have read of him. That but gives me a window into who he is. No matter what anyone else opinion or philosophy is about what Conan should be like Matters not because in the end what we know of Conan is what we can read, anything else is blind assertions with no bases. Being I was talking of the single god religions I must base my opinion on what information there is on him. (AKA.. the Bible and other holy books.) Unless this god wants to come point out that everything that was claim to be his word is false. The only Logical thing to do is base your ideals on what is there.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 2/16/10
I don't want to interject in you two's discussion. But I wanted to say this about judging God based on monotheistic religions. You can't really look at all monotheistic religions and say they all represent the same God. I know the Bible says to be wary of false prophets and those teaching falsehoods about God. The Bible (Christianity) states all other holy books are false doctrine and aren't the words of God. Likewise I'm sure the Koran says that the Bible is flawed, and I'm sure other monotheistic religions would say other holy books are flawed. To base an opinion of the One God off of all the monotheistic religions really isn't a logical thing to do. Who's to say each religion accurately describes who God is? If each one says the other is wrong how can we combine theology? I would say to form an opinion of God based on how each religion views Him, because meshing all monotheistic faiths will give a skewed image that probably no monotheist believes.
48613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Brooklyn, New York
Offline
Posted 2/16/10
I'm not sure the world would react any differently than these weirdos (Rapturists). I, however, would organize a revolution to overthrow and execute the diety(ies).

Posted 2/16/10
I'd regret all my wrongs and hope that my soul faces total destruction rather than perdition.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 2/16/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

You still do not get it.. I am basing my opinion on god on what we know of god, from not just Christian religions but all single god religions.
I am basing My opinion on what he did. Not on other people opinions on what a god is.
What do I know of Conan the Barbarian comes from the books I have read of him. That but gives me a window into who he is. No matter what anyone else opinion or philosophy is about what Conan should be like Matters not because in the end what we know of Conan is what we can read, anything else is blind assertions with no bases. Being I was talking of the single god religions I must base my opinion on what information there is on him. (AKA.. the Bible and other holy books.) Unless this god wants to come point out that everything that was claim to be his word is false. The only Logical thing to do is base your ideals on what is there.


We should review basic theology and philosophy.

It sounds like when you say "God," you're talking about the deity described in the Bible/Quran. And specifically your interpretations of them. I don't want to talk about the stories in the Bible/Quran, much less your interpretations, we're talking about God and a higher power in general, regardless of religion. If your idea of a higher power is what's described in the Bible, then ignorance doesn't even begin to describe your thinking.

All these ideas you have about God and a higher power seem to be based on a fundamentalist view of the Bible, and I don't understand that at all.This is just one view from one religion. That's very limited.

Here's what you should do, forget about Christianity, the Bible and religion in general. Think about why people believe in God or any higher power, how and why these ideas started, the rationality behind higher powers in general, etc. Basic theology, you should learn it before saying anything about atheism or religion.
636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Andromeda
Offline
Posted 2/17/10

digs wrote:

I don't want to interject in you two's discussion. But I wanted to say this about judging God based on monotheistic religions. You can't really look at all monotheistic religions and say they all represent the same God. I know the Bible says to be wary of false prophets and those teaching falsehoods about God. The Bible (Christianity) states all other holy books are false doctrine and aren't the words of God. Likewise I'm sure the Koran says that the Bible is flawed, and I'm sure other monotheistic religions would say other holy books are flawed. To base an opinion of the One God off of all the monotheistic religions really isn't a logical thing to do. Who's to say each religion accurately describes who God is? If each one says the other is wrong how can we combine theology? I would say to form an opinion of God based on how each religion views Him, because meshing all monotheistic faiths will give a skewed image that probably no monotheist believes.


Actually, in Quran, it is stated that Allah sent prophets and revealed unto them books, like Torah, Gospel and the Psalms. And Muslim can not be a Muslim unless he believes in all prophets of Allah and in all the holy books which sent by Allah unto them, including the Torah and the Gospel.

[5:46] And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who ward off (evil).

[3:3] He hath revealed unto thee the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel.

First  Prev  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.