First  Prev  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  Next  Last
What if it was -proven- that God -does- exist?
Posted 2/18/10 , edited 2/18/10

DomFortress wrote:


SnowBlossom- wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


SnowBlossom- wrote:

In Islam, god really existed. In my religion (Islam), god and humans are NOT the same. Our god is one, while there're trillions of humans. How allah is created? He's the creator of everything. If you want to know, it is an unanswerable question, there is no one created Allah, and nobody knows it. Only Allah knows. For Muslims, Allah is perfect. He has no partners. We worship Him and Him alone.

And if you say "If there're god I would've been rich"; every human have their own live. If you're poor, then there're the riches to help you. That is what the world is. God helps the one who helps themselves. If Muslims want to ask questions to god, they'll pray and ask something in their prayer. There're no voice answering it. But god will show the way to solve anything we asked.

Ah, atheists. Please do not hurt any of other religions! Most of us believe in god. But if you're not then please don't hurt our feelings!
Then can you ask your God not to hold your hand? When you can walk on your own just fine. Or do you simply just lack the courage to stand on your own? When you're already among the majority. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

And no, I'm not an atheist. When I'm an individualist.


My god don't even hold my hand. I have feet that I can walk. But I need my god to guide myself to the right lane.
And still left lane is more original and flexible, it's what being creative and able to change. And people are capable of both.


I dun say anything about right or left lane O-o
It's like; lane to Failure or Success
And which one that leads to Failure or Succes.

Posted 2/18/10

SnowBlossom- wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


SnowBlossom- wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


SnowBlossom- wrote:

In Islam, god really existed. In my religion (Islam), god and humans are NOT the same. Our god is one, while there're trillions of humans. How allah is created? He's the creator of everything. If you want to know, it is an unanswerable question, there is no one created Allah, and nobody knows it. Only Allah knows. For Muslims, Allah is perfect. He has no partners. We worship Him and Him alone.

And if you say "If there're god I would've been rich"; every human have their own live. If you're poor, then there're the riches to help you. That is what the world is. God helps the one who helps themselves. If Muslims want to ask questions to god, they'll pray and ask something in their prayer. There're no voice answering it. But god will show the way to solve anything we asked.

Ah, atheists. Please do not hurt any of other religions! Most of us believe in god. But if you're not then please don't hurt our feelings!
Then can you ask your God not to hold your hand? When you can walk on your own just fine. Or do you simply just lack the courage to stand on your own? When you're already among the majority. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

And no, I'm not an atheist. When I'm an individualist.


My god don't even hold my hand. I have feet that I can walk. But I need my god to guide myself to the right lane.
And still left lane is more original and flexible, it's what being creative and able to change. And people are capable of both.


I dun say anything about right or left lane O-o
It's like; lane to Failure or Success
And which one that leads to Failure or Succes.

Here's a simple question; are the extreme right-wing Muslims capable of social reform and progress being who they are? That's what your belief system, aka institution, failed to show you.
Posted 2/18/10


Uh.. I don't understand your question nor what you'r talking about right now ;A;
Sorryyyy I'm not a native speaker xD
Posted 2/18/10

SnowBlossom- wrote:



Uh.. I don't understand your question nor what you'r talking about right now ;A;
Sorryyyy I'm not a native speaker xD
Just the simple fact that people who ended up assuming too little will become creatures of habit.
Posted 2/18/10 , edited 2/18/10

DomFortress wrote:


SnowBlossom- wrote:



Uh.. I don't understand your question nor what you'r talking about right now ;A;
Sorryyyy I'm not a native speaker xD
Just the simple fact that people who ended up assuming too little will become creatures of habit.


Why is it that every time I see you in the forums you're attacking people? Oh wait, no. It's not attacking, it's debating.
Seriously though, what is your problem with people expressing their religion? And what exactly are you trying to prove by doing so?
I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, since to me it seems to be more of a habitual habit.
Posted 2/18/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


SnowBlossom- wrote:



Uh.. I don't understand your question nor what you'r talking about right now ;A;
Sorryyyy I'm not a native speaker xD
Just the simple fact that people who ended up assuming too little will become creatures of habit.


Why is it that every time I see you in the forums you're attacking people? Oh wait, no. It's not attacking, it's debating.
Seriously though, what is your problem with people expressing their religion? And what exactly are you trying to prove by doing so?
I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, since to me it seems to be more of a habitual habit.
Call it occupational hazard if you will, it's a part of me being an amateur sociologist. Or do you think it's easy being me? When you're nothing like me.

Cannons to the left of me, cannons to the right of me, cannons in the front of me. It's a target-rich environment and a kill box all-in-one. Well I must say my own survival has never been this dangerous, and I bloody love it!
Posted 2/18/10 , edited 2/18/10


It's really not that serious, this is a forum after all where people are bound to retaliate against one another’s opinion; however, no matter how much you dislike someone’s point-of-view, there are still guidelines to follow, I hope you realize this.
There I go, off topic again.
Posted 2/18/10

LosingOrbit wrote:



It's really not that serious, this is a forum after all where people are bound to retaliate against one another’s opinion; however, no matter how much you dislike someone’s point-of-view, there are still guidelines to follow, I hope you realize this.
There I go, off topic again.
Just so you know, that's not very convincing coming from you. When you had your CR status as "There was no Big Bang, it was just God fapping too hard."
Posted 2/18/10 , edited 2/18/10

DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:



It's really not that serious, this is a forum after all where people are bound to retaliate against one another’s opinion; however, no matter how much you dislike someone’s point-of-view, there are still guidelines to follow, I hope you realize this.
There I go, off topic again.
Just so you know, that's not very convincing coming from you. When you had your CR status as "There was no Big Bang, it was just God fapping too hard."


I thought it was funny.
Posted 2/18/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:



It's really not that serious, this is a forum after all where people are bound to retaliate against one another’s opinion; however, no matter how much you dislike someone’s point-of-view, there are still guidelines to follow, I hope you realize this.
There I go, off topic again.
Just so you know, that's not very convincing coming from you. When you had your CR status as "There was no Big Bang, it was just God fapping too hard."


I thought it was funny.
Tell that to the religious individuals who also practice abstinence to an extreme. That will really screw them up big time.

Hey, that is kinda funny.
Posted 2/18/10 , edited 2/18/10


I do it for the lulz.
But I'm just the type of person that makes fun of everything: my race, my religion, my family, friends, etc. I enjoy satire and have a good laugh at the typical dumb person's expense, but that's just me.

But just one final question: Have you ever thought of/or went to church in some point of your lifetime? I mean with being an amateur socialist, one has to examine the behavior of others, right? And seeing as your so very fond of the subject, why not?
Posted 2/18/10

LosingOrbit wrote:



I do it for the lulz.
But I'm just the type of person that makes fun of everything: my race, my religion, my family, friends, etc. I enjoy satire and have a good laugh at the typical dumb person's expense, but that's just me.

But just one final question: Have you ever thought of/or went to church in some point of your lifetime? I mean with being an amateur socialist, one has to examine the behavior of others, right? And seeing as your so very fond of the subject, why not?
That's because I did and went back for more until I had enough. For while I treat argument as a sport, I'm also an experience-junkie. I got myself baptized 3 times in 3 different churches, with the last time being tossed into the ocean(by my own request). And still I didn't think and feel myself anymore so as a Christian than I was my own original self. I can get along fine with others and function just as efficiently in a workplace, but the fact still remained that I was nowhere near being happy with what I do. That changed recently until I enrolled myself into sociology, and this was after my ex-girlfriend for 4 years just broke up with me before Valentine's Day.
70199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / East of West
Offline
Posted 2/18/10

SeraphAlford wrote:

There’s a thread about if God was proven not to exist. So I got curious. What would you do if say (picking from the largest religion) the Christian God was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? How about Allah? How do you think the world would react?


I haven't read too many of the pages here, but too add my scribble on this 135th page... Isn't this the same as before the fall if it is assumed that the Christian Bible represents the truth? A third of the host of Heaven had their proof in the embodiment of God before their eyes, and the works of His creation. Still it was thought that they could set their power above His. So I guess even with proof they had no faith. They didn't believe. They sought to make their own destiny w/o God.

I do like game theory and this Pascal Wager is like that. I have never really understood atheism. I can understand having a multitude of issues with religious institutions and even with God, but to be on a sinking ship and not be actively looking for dry land or way to escape the impending nothingness has always seemed irrational to me.

PS. I hope I don't regret posting this
70199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / East of West
Offline
Posted 2/18/10


!o! Hi DomFortress!!! this brings back memories and I can totally see you doing this.

I'll be the first one to argue with God . Because I'll be like: "Finally! Somebody here who knows what's going on!"


Have a great weekend.

10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/10 , edited 2/18/10

Vandrian wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

There’s a thread about if God was proven not to exist. So I got curious. What would you do if say (picking from the largest religion) the Christian God was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? How about Allah? How do you think the world would react?


I haven't read too many of the pages here, but too add my scribble on this 135th page... Isn't this the same as before the fall if it is assumed that the Christian Bible represents the truth? A third of the host of Heaven had their proof in the embodiment of God before their eyes, and the works of His creation. Still it was thought that they could set their power above His. So I guess even with proof they had no faith. They didn't believe. They sought to make their own destiny w/o God.

I do like game theory and this Pascal Wager is like that. I have never really understood atheism. I can understand having a multitude of issues with religious institutions and even with God, but to be on a sinking ship and not be actively looking for dry land or way to escape the impending nothingness has always seemed irrational to me.

PS. I hope I don't regret posting this


I know that for me atheism was never a conscious choice. It just seemed true. I had to be honest with myself. I could lie and pretend that it did not seem so to me, but then I’d know I was being dishonest and it wouldn’t accomplish me anything anyway. If god did exist, how could I hope to fool him?

And anyway, all knowledge is worth having, and the truth is worth pursing for its own sake.

Now, I’m religious. I am not religious with the hope of escaping hell or the eternal nothingness of the grave. I am religious because intuitively and intellectually, my religious beliefs seem true. I am just honest with myself.
First  Prev  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.