First  Prev  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  Next  Last
What if it was -proven- that God -does- exist?
Posted 2/19/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Than atheist would shit bricks.

There would be complete chaos and churches would be filled to the brim with people desperate to save their souls from eternal damnation.
That's not me, for I'll be the first one to argue with God . Because I'll be like: "Finally! Somebody here who knows what's going on!"


If he does?! For what is this god, and is he all knowing? Or is he just a creator, with the mind of a child. One will truly not know the level of gods knowledge till it is put to the test. A being able to summon existence with magic on a whim, would not really need to understand how he did so.. For he only did what came natural for him. Just looking at God from another angle..


Might be. I played as a god during my youth in a sandbox with various toys and scenarios. When things got out of hand in the conflicts amongst the denizens of the world I created, I'd bring an apocalypse down upon them all.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/19/10 , edited 2/19/10
If it was prooven that god would exist then there would be no other option for me but to believe in it.
I would be dissapointed because it would turn out that I had been wrong for my entire life.
Quite a depressing thought if you ask me.
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Boston, Ma
Offline
Posted 2/19/10
IF he was proven to exsist by matter of facts, which are stronger that the current scientific ones I follow I would change my ways to follow him, becuase ignorance is not a good thing. However I highly doubt that this will ever happen.

-A devout follower of Logic
303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Downey
Offline
Posted 2/19/10
The Bible was written by a man.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/22/10
um...it wouldnt really change anything, or anyone for that matter. Most of you are lieing. If God is proven to exist, if u are an athiests, u will remain one, same for religious people. NO need to attempt to prove me wrong when u and i both know im right.

For those that dont believe in a god, if god were proven real, would u even love him/it, or even be interested? would u want to follow him/it? would u be interested in it? And why?for what purpose? wouldnt you just stay the same as u are now? of course you would. peace over war
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/22/10

JJT2 wrote:

um...it wouldnt really change anything, or anyone for that matter. Most of you are lieing. If God is proven to exist, if u are an athiests, u will remain one, same for religious people. NO need to attempt to prove me wrong when u and i both know im right.

For those that dont believe in a god, if god were proven real, would u even love him/it, or even be interested? would u want to follow him/it? would u be interested in it? And why?for what purpose? wouldnt you just stay the same as u are now? of course you would. peace over war


If it was proven I would love to love him/her, to follow him/her! I want too understand a supreme being, I want to understand its logic etc, I would want to ask questions, he/she would be such a great inspiration.
I say you are wrong, very very wrong, atheist don't believe because we do not see the proof, if it show us Proof (and I mean REAL proof, scientific proof) then I and probably alot of other atheist would definatly believe in it.

I would be interested in it because IT would be the truth of the universe, I would love it and follow it, but I would still ask questions and question its actions, but is that wrong? That would be the part of me that would never change, I simply can't follow anything or anyone unquestionable.

4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/22/10

amersfoort wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

um...it wouldnt really change anything, or anyone for that matter. Most of you are lieing. If God is proven to exist, if u are an athiests, u will remain one, same for religious people. NO need to attempt to prove me wrong when u and i both know im right.

For those that dont believe in a god, if god were proven real, would u even love him/it, or even be interested? would u want to follow him/it? would u be interested in it? And why?for what purpose? wouldnt you just stay the same as u are now? of course you would. peace over war


If it was proven I would love to love him/her, to follow him/her! I want too understand a supreme being, I want to understand its logic etc, I would want to ask questions, he/she would be such a great inspiration.
I say you are wrong, very very wrong, atheist don't believe because we do not see the proof, if it show us Proof (and I mean REAL proof, scientific proof) then I and probably alot of other atheist would definatly believe in it.

I would be interested in it because IT would be the truth of the universe, I would love it and follow it, but I would still ask questions and question its actions, but is that wrong? That would be the part of me that would never change, I simply can't follow anything or anyone unquestionable.



What if u dont like it, what if u dont like the answers u recieve, or dont believe in the answers u recieve? Most of us-religious and athiest will go on with our lives just as we are doing now.
You wont follow anything u dont beleive in. and belief can be applied to all things- whether they r real or not.
What if this god told u to give up something u didnt want to? or give up people u dont want to? Changing your life is like getting off of drug u have been addicted to your whole life.There is no reason to have this naive image of god. God is unknown to us all, and exactly what god is this thread refering to?I mean this is a scary situation for every last one of us.Your not thinking this through.What will this god demand? human sacrifices? your life? your children's life? who will he judge? how powerful will it be?Would u or i even meet up to its standards? wil lit be angry at us? how angry? and what type of punishment will we recieve?

Think about this.Even the god i worship is not to be taken so lighty.To have him walk the earth and exposing his existence...thats scary What would that mean for humanity?This goes far beyond asking some grand master or philosopher for advice on how to live a good life.a god will give u solid answers that u and i dont want to hear or even live by.

Most people cant even sit down and talk to Dr. phil when Dr phil starts pouring out the hard quesions.This isnt about athiest or religious people. This is about human beings. As human beings u or i cant even phantom a god-all we can do is have faith on whether or not it exists and thats how it should be.To take one "solid" step on either direction wont change our behavior-some of use will try and fail, very few will meet the standards. most of us will just go on with our lives.peace over war
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/23/10
You are right, perhaps I do underestimate God, but still, the certainty in my life would increase alot if I knew god existed.
But also think of the happyness God would spread it showed itself, No more conflict over religion or evil deeds because of the fear of going to hell, the world would really become a better place if you ask me.
But then again would I kill the ones I love because god asks me too?
I do not know, I hope I do not, but I might would if god asked me too.
And come too think of it, would a loving god really ask that of me?
19580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom,...
Offline
Posted 2/23/10
To sum up for me is.. If god was to show face and reveal himself id know theres no real choice but believing he exists. Im not saying you have to believe in his ways as who's to say whats really right or wrong but to just agknowledge him. There would still be religious debates as if theres god then whats to say there arent more religious icons? etc... with the exception with one religion being the superior due to having there god by there side. Would we all be expected to follow his rule... (Christ im thinkin about this to much :o) Also if he arrived then id start believing the end of the world (12/21/12) is really coming and he's making earth his new heaven! Guess he need's planning permission first ;D What if he doesnt like ninja's RAWR! id have a big falling out then I could go on .. but im not gonna :3
19580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom,...
Offline
Posted 2/23/10 , edited 2/23/10

JJT2 wrote:

um...it wouldnt really change anything, or anyone for that matter. Most of you are lieing. If God is proven to exist, if u are an athiests, u will remain one, same for religious people. NO need to attempt to prove me wrong when u and i both know im right.

For those that dont believe in a god, if god were proven real, would u even love him/it, or even be interested? would u want to follow him/it? would u be interested in it? And why?for what purpose? wouldnt you just stay the same as u are now? of course you would. peace over war


Definition of Athest: Someone who denies the existence of god.

So with the knowledge of knowing he is a living, breathing, superior being how could you possibly be Athest?

I could understand if you mean on the level of not believing in him on say .. his ability or beliefs, but that doesnt come under Athest. I guess you could sy would be non-denominational christian in a sense.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/23/10

amersfoort wrote:

You are right, perhaps I do underestimate God, but still, the certainty in my life would increase alot if I knew god existed.
But also think of the happyness God would spread it showed itself, No more conflict over religion or evil deeds because of the fear of going to hell, the world would really become a better place if you ask me.
But then again would I kill the ones I love because god asks me too?
I do not know, I hope I do not, but I might would if god asked me too.
And come too think of it, would a loving god really ask that of me?


But also think of the happyness God would spread it showed itself, No more conflict over religion or evil deeds because of the fear of going to hell, the world would really become a better place if you ask me.

bullshit. There is no garentee this god wouldn't destroy the earth.Religious people would still beleive in thier gods.Human conflict wouldnt change. There were wars b4 god and there will be wars after god.There is conflict even within the religion's own scriptures.Wars happen with religion, wars happen without it.

Even if religious wars did stop, and "evil deeds'' out of fear of hell ceased (which makes no sense btw). that would not impact the world one tiny bit. You are not only naive about god, but also naive about human nature-which DOES exists.There would be no significant statistical impact on human behavior. Now, what ever that god could or would do-thats a whole other discussion were everything and anything is possible and impossible.But if we r talking about how humans will react to this god-the same as other people would react to other gods that we see today.It doesnt take a visible god to have faith in something u cant sense. People who wouldnt like the god wouldnt even worship it, so they wouldnt change and still worship thier own.And what about people who beleive in multiple gods? So one is proven? then what?

But then again would I kill the ones I love because god asks me too?
I do not know, I hope I do not, but I might would if god asked me too.
And come too think of it, would a loving god really ask that of me?


who said this god would be loving? and what do u consider a loving god? who decides that? you sound like u r making a god how u would want this god to be. peace over war
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/23/10

JJT2 wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

You are right, perhaps I do underestimate God, but still, the certainty in my life would increase alot if I knew god existed.
But also think of the happyness God would spread it showed itself, No more conflict over religion or evil deeds because of the fear of going to hell, the world would really become a better place if you ask me.
But then again would I kill the ones I love because god asks me too?
I do not know, I hope I do not, but I might would if god asked me too.
And come too think of it, would a loving god really ask that of me?


But also think of the happyness God would spread it showed itself, No more conflict over religion or evil deeds because of the fear of going to hell, the world would really become a better place if you ask me.

bullshit. There is no garentee this god wouldn't destroy the earth.Religious people would still beleive in thier gods.Human conflict wouldnt change. There were wars b4 god and there will be wars after god.There is conflict even within the religion's own scriptures.Wars happen with religion, wars happen without it.

Even if religious wars did stop, and "evil deeds'' out of fear of hell ceased (which makes no sense btw). that would not impact the world one tiny bit. You are not only naive about god, but also naive about human nature-which DOES exists.There would be no significant statistical impact on human behavior. Now, what ever that god could or would do-thats a whole other discussion were everything and anything is possible and impossible.But if we r talking about how humans will react to this god-the same as other people would react to other gods that we see today.It doesnt take a visible god to have faith in something u cant sense. People who wouldnt like the god wouldnt even worship it, so they wouldnt change and still worship thier own.And what about people who beleive in multiple gods? So one is proven? then what?

But then again would I kill the ones I love because god asks me too?
I do not know, I hope I do not, but I might would if god asked me too.
And come too think of it, would a loving god really ask that of me?


who said this god would be loving? and what do u consider a loving god? who decides that? you sound like u r making a god how u would want this god to be. peace over war


Personally I would like too say: Touché
But since this is a debate bring it.

There is a guarantee that god would not destroy this planet, since god is a all mighty being he does not need to be present on earth to be able to destroy earth.
There fore God showing up on earth probably wont end up in God desroying the place.

If god would clearly state that he/she/it is a Jewish god then would there be any argueing about wich religion is right?
I mean will people really go to god and say in his face, mehh I dont believe that the Jewish people are right, I'll stay a Hindu!
If God would also state that there is no god besides him/her/it then even polytheism would cease to exist.

Now would you commit crimes against God if he prooved to us that he/she/it exists and that there is a afterlife and a judgement, for example heaven hell and limbo.
In simply terms would you not have the patience to wait for the good stuff after your life? Now we might do not, because it isn't clear that there is a afterlife is there or not.
I would certainly not, okay right now without believing in the afterlife I also do not commit crimes but knowing there would be eternal suffering wouldn't exactely motivating me to commit crimes.

Now about a loving god, I made that statement reffering to the Christian god, I always here Christians say that their god is about love so I would assume that if they are right then God would be loving. Ofcourse the God in the old testament can't be called as such.
Now what I consider loving is very simple, Trying to give everyone a gewd time....... In other words making as much people as possible happy.

Then again, I base this all on my own Image, because if I were god I would see no point in making anyone suffer or in making anyone who would commit evil deeds.

The thread is called what would you do if god was proven to exist, thats why I should do, and probably many others too, but ofcourse wiping away all of human crimes or wars is something impossible.
Or perhaps possible for a impossible being?



1224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the land of fish,...
Offline
Posted 3/1/10
It really wouldn't make much difference to me. I won't stay an atheist (that would be pretty stupid) but I won't start worshipping God just because he/she has proven their existence. To me, that would just mean I'm going along for the ride and that I'm not really committed I'm just looking for an easy way into heaven, and that wouldn't feel right to me. So I'd pretty much stay the same, although I can just imagine all the psychotic religious pricks shoving in everyone's faces that they were right all along
1682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Brisbane, Australia
Offline
Posted 3/1/10 , edited 3/1/10
I don't see how a god would want or need us
or why he would even seek out good doing humans to put in his heaven

He would just be like, ohh yea i remb this tiny puney insignificant planet that means nothing to the whole universe
*squash*
hey look i'll make it exactly the way it was before i squashed it *pop*

hmm waiting for everyone to convert to christianity is long
*pop* the future is here

hmmm these people are corrupt, why did i put corruption in thier nature, i guess it was fun
lets make better humans
*pop* everyone is good
wow this was so much easier than waiting for them to change, dumb dumb dumb







if the universe was the size of the sun, you wouldn't beable to see the earth with the most powerful microscope
















757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/7/10
left crunchyroll for a year, and you guys are still on it. Nice crusaders.
First  Prev  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.