During the 14th century Yuan Dynasty China, the country is under Mongolian rule and the star-crossed lovers, Jinha and Sullie, illegitimate daughter of a Mongolian commander are caught in the middle. When her mother died, Sullie's father Taruga takes her away and later planned to marry her off to form an alliance with a powerful Chinese warlord. Things get worse when Jinha learns that Taruga was the person who ordered the massacre of his entire family.
* Chinese title: 飞天舞 / Fei Tian Wu
* Korean title: 비천무 (飛天舞) / Bicheonmu
* Also known as: Bichunmu / Bichunmoo / Dance in the Sky / Flying Heavenly Dance
* Genre: Fantasy, romance, action
* Episodes: 33 / 14
* Broadcast network: SBS
* Broadcast year: 2005 / 2008-Feb-01 to 2008-Mar-14
* Air time: Fridays 20:55 (2 episodes back-to-back)
* Opening theme song: Ai Ni (爱你) by Duan Pin Zhang (段品章)
* Ending theme song: Ni De Ai Wo De Tian (你的爱 我的天) by Duan Pin Zhang (段品章)
* Joo Jin Mo as Liu Zhenhe (Jin-ha) 劉珍河
* Wang Ya Nan as Nangong Junguang (Namgong Jun-kwang) 南宮俊光
* Park Ji Yoon as Xueli (So-lee) 雪莉
* Niu Li as Chen Lizhen (Jin Yuh-jin) 陳麗珍
* Kim Kang Woo as Shi Jun 史俊
* Wang Zhi Hua as Huang Pu 皇埔
* Park Shin Hye as A Li Shui 阿利水
* Huang Da Liang as Nangong Yanji 南宮延吉
* Yan Kuan as Liu Zhangyu 劉璋玉
* Jiang Hong as Su Xian
~ credits: Dramawiki & CR Bichunmoo - Movie Summary
Joint Korean-Chinese production adaptation of a manga by Kim Hye Rin from the 70's. The synopsis is from CR Bichunmoo Movie summary but it's fairly accurate for the drama version as well so far (I've seen up to ep10 at the time of this post)
This is what I was hoping The Legend would be more like. A grand love story with epic consequences set during the mystical past with fantastic martial arts galore and fate's cruel jokes on the characters. Joo Jin Mo fits the role of Jinha perfectly and I'm slowly accepting Park Ji Yoon as Solee. It's hard since Kim Hee Sun was so beautiful in the movie version. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.
Sorry to any The Legend fans but that story was very dull and I struggled to keep watching it. If you like this genre, then I highly recommend you see this drama. I don't think it has subtitles yet but you can check out a preview from the OST MV below.
Also recommend seeing the movie version which is here on CR. Here's the link:
Where to begin... I really missed my avatar:D
really sorry but I loved legend and I hated this drama (ps: I still hate it). everything (story flow such as becoming friends/lovers) happens so fast without a proper rational behind their feelings etc. the dubbing is dumb (maybe its just that I'm not used to it but I hate it).
Ahh I hate the wierd chinese guy who gets married to his 'best friend's' girl. so so weird and just ugly to look at.
=_= personally I would like to warn ppl about this drama but hey... it could just be me who hates it. (so watch it and find out for yourself)
i am still watching.. yes... WHY!!! (that is what I wanna ask myself... it's cos I have too much faith in kdrama.. but this one's a co-production with the chinese broadcasting place!!! WTH!!!!)
breathing and blinking atm
Follow my Instagram: Missxtc
Vitamin String Quartet is the epitome of amazing.
Lack of discussion here/Outdated thread stated by xplicitotaku.