First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
best shooting game sieres?
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08

142 wrote:

Soon idiots are gonna go rampart on this page and before that I just wanna say that call of duty and halo is not one of the best.


Call of duty lacks originality, it's just another game where you are the patriotic american who shoot down nazis in the world wars. Besides, what actually differs from call of duty 3 to 4 (except graphic) ? These world war series should have ended with frontline.


I can tell with confidence that no one plays this for the story.

What makes this one different from the others is that: you can jump high, use melees with weopons, lot's of interaction with vehicles.
There aren't much new stuff added to the series anyway (more like removed): graphic does not count, you got the hammer ( they removed the sprint attack with the sword but of added a one-hit-kill-wide-range-hammer instead), carrying a turret (which is only useful when there is a intense battle going on (it's not like anyone will pick it up when it's raining needlers anyway) and you won't carry it with you since your gonna be slow as hell and the barriers which can useful/tedious/cheap (you decide).

In the end it's just like the bond-series - repititive shooting (but at least they had story and had missions were you just don't finish the level by shooting everything down).


well obviously....thats what you do in first person shooters.....you repeatedly shoot things....halo and call of duty succeed by making repeatedly shooting things fun....

and i can guarantee you that ALOT of people play halo for the story.....ever visit the bungie.net forums....they still have ongoing story discussions, conspiracy theories, etc....and the fact that there are 4 halo books continuing the story proves that people do care about the story

and when you say not much new stuff added to the halo series, you have listed down 2, and i can list down : forge, theater, saved films, activatable skulls, campaign meta game, 4 player co-op, the ranking system, improved netcode, improved matchmaking, brute mauler, brute spiker, new maps, armor perms, more armor colours, more multiplayer emblems....thats 16 new things

and the other difference between call of duty 3 and 4 is that call of duty 4 is not a WW2 game its called "modern warfare" for a reason...call of duty doesnt need to be original....when it boils down to the bare essentials...call of duty is fun....and thats why you play games...for the fun
1185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Tingin ka sa liko...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08
MOH...COD4...CS...
1338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08
Rainbow Six Vegas cant wait for 2
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08
I heard COD 4 was pratically awesome...but i was addicted to COD ages ago!!!haha. Halo is just as fun yeah.
142
8794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08

mangoku wrote:


142 wrote:

Soon idiots are gonna go rampart on this page and before that I just wanna say that call of duty and halo is not one of the best.


Call of duty lacks originality, it's just another game where you are the patriotic american who shoot down nazis in the world wars. Besides, what actually differs from call of duty 3 to 4 (except graphic) ? These world war series should have ended with frontline.


I can tell with confidence that no one plays this for the story.

What makes this one different from the others is that: you can jump high, use melees with weopons, lot's of interaction with vehicles.
There aren't much new stuff added to the series anyway (more like removed): graphic does not count, you got the hammer ( they removed the sprint attack with the sword but of added a one-hit-kill-wide-range-hammer instead), carrying a turret (which is only useful when there is a intense battle going on (it's not like anyone will pick it up when it's raining needlers anyway) and you won't carry it with you since your gonna be slow as hell and the barriers which can useful/tedious/cheap (you decide).

In the end it's just like the bond-series - repititive shooting (but at least they had story and had missions were you just don't finish the level by shooting everything down).


well obviously....thats what you do in first person shooters.....you repeatedly shoot things....halo and call of duty succeed by making repeatedly shooting things fun....

and i can guarantee you that ALOT of people play halo for the story.....ever visit the bungie.net forums....they still have ongoing story discussions, conspiracy theories, etc....and the fact that there are 4 halo books continuing the story proves that people do care about the story

and when you say not much new stuff added to the halo series, you have listed down 2, and i can list down : forge, theater, saved films, activatable skulls, campaign meta game, 4 player co-op, the ranking system, improved netcode, improved matchmaking, brute mauler, brute spiker, new maps, armor perms, more armor colours, more multiplayer emblems....thats 16 new things

and the other difference between call of duty 3 and 4 is that call of duty 4 is not a WW2 game its called "modern warfare" for a reason...call of duty doesnt need to be original....when it boils down to the bare essentials...call of duty is fun....and thats why you play games...for the fun


There are forums of everything. Just because there are books doesn't mean they care about the story just that it's popular enough to continue the series and sell more (ff7 *cough*).

You owned me on the "new added stuff" part. It seems I haven't experienced the whole game so I take my crap back.

Everything can be fun and still be bad at the same time. Ichigo in bleach has no particular goal but it's still entertaining to see him kick some hollow ass now and then.
*Salutes you for being a fps-fan who can actually hold their ground in an argument*
227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08
cant believe you dint put Call of Duty 4 as an option here..thats the best game ever.
Posted 3/16/08 , edited 4/21/08
id say condemned 2 that f***ing scary and hard.........
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08

142 wrote:


mangoku wrote:


142 wrote:

Soon idiots are gonna go rampart on this page and before that I just wanna say that call of duty and halo is not one of the best.


Call of duty lacks originality, it's just another game where you are the patriotic american who shoot down nazis in the world wars. Besides, what actually differs from call of duty 3 to 4 (except graphic) ? These world war series should have ended with frontline.


I can tell with confidence that no one plays this for the story.

What makes this one different from the others is that: you can jump high, use melees with weopons, lot's of interaction with vehicles.
There aren't much new stuff added to the series anyway (more like removed): graphic does not count, you got the hammer ( they removed the sprint attack with the sword but of added a one-hit-kill-wide-range-hammer instead), carrying a turret (which is only useful when there is a intense battle going on (it's not like anyone will pick it up when it's raining needlers anyway) and you won't carry it with you since your gonna be slow as hell and the barriers which can useful/tedious/cheap (you decide).

In the end it's just like the bond-series - repititive shooting (but at least they had story and had missions were you just don't finish the level by shooting everything down).


well obviously....thats what you do in first person shooters.....you repeatedly shoot things....halo and call of duty succeed by making repeatedly shooting things fun....

and i can guarantee you that ALOT of people play halo for the story.....ever visit the bungie.net forums....they still have ongoing story discussions, conspiracy theories, etc....and the fact that there are 4 halo books continuing the story proves that people do care about the story

and when you say not much new stuff added to the halo series, you have listed down 2, and i can list down : forge, theater, saved films, activatable skulls, campaign meta game, 4 player co-op, the ranking system, improved netcode, improved matchmaking, brute mauler, brute spiker, new maps, armor perms, more armor colours, more multiplayer emblems....thats 16 new things

and the other difference between call of duty 3 and 4 is that call of duty 4 is not a WW2 game its called "modern warfare" for a reason...call of duty doesnt need to be original....when it boils down to the bare essentials...call of duty is fun....and thats why you play games...for the fun


There are forums of everything. Just because there are books doesn't mean they care about the story just that it's popular enough to continue the series and sell more (ff7 *cough*).

You owned me on the "new added stuff" part. It seems I haven't experienced the whole game so I take my crap back.

Everything can be fun and still be bad at the same time. Ichigo in bleach has no particular goal but it's still entertaining to see him kick some hollow ass now and then.
*Salutes you for being a fps-fan who can actually hold their ground in an argument*


i salute you for being able to create an argument

........but yes...i do know alot of people who care about the halo story.....go to www.halo.wikia.org and you can read alot of pages of the actual halo story....ranging from the forrunner flood war....medicant bias....the 9 ages of the covenant....the genetic augmentations of the spartans....battle of sigma octanus IV.....and all these articles are made by fans...and i dont see any people writing thousands of articles if they didnt care about the story.....

i agree when you say everything can be fun and still be bad....i skip through all of bleach and just watch the fight scenes....but with halo and CoD....it is all fun....instead of 3 minutes of fun followed by 20 mins of bad-ness like bleach or naruto....
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada, Qc
Offline
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08

PiLLiPiNoY wrote:

everyone makes such a BIG DEAL about "halo"... i mean its good BUT its not THAT GOOD...


YOU my friend , are a god !! LOL COD4 pwns everything else in my opinions
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08

Booyah wrote:


PiLLiPiNoY wrote:

everyone makes such a BIG DEAL about "halo"... i mean its good BUT its not THAT GOOD...


YOU my friend , are a god !! LOL COD4 pwns everything else in my opinions


i could say everyone makes a big deal about Call of Duty...ive played both games.....and their both good in their own ways...its all a matter of opinion....and i salute you for writing "in my opinion" at the end of your post
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08
I personally love Halo but i like alot of shooting games.
392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08
i say halo because of its multi player, it never gets old
8463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sabah, Malaysia
Offline
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08
Halo 3 is my favorite 4 nw....
5245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08
Halo is overrated. I'd say.. Unreal Tournament? But I don't really play FPS.
252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Washington,Everett
Offline
Posted 3/17/08 , edited 4/21/08
Golden eye for the n64. I love playing that james bond game with cheats on and all that playing with my friends shooting rockets at each other
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.