First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Artificial Life
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
I really don't know if this kind of topic exists.
If so, please lock.

Now.
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=AP&Date=20070819&ID=7343390

Artificial life is not only creepy, but it's dangerous.

When I read things like this, my conscience is practically screaming "That is wrong!"...

Surely, scientists will not be able to create an animal, or even worse, a human, artificially?
36145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Macross City
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
This is very interesting. It reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist. I believe it is possible so I don't find that the issue. The problem lies in an ethical standpoint. Is it wrong? I personally can't say.

Also, it made me think about how there are different forms of life due to the order of their DNA patterns. So does that mean that we would be able to find a way to make a monkey into a human and vice versa?
5693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / F / KL, Malaysia
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
ya...FMA...it a really sad story...i cry a lot while watching dat...this is taboo...u know...tabooo...
3131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
me to ay cry to
1924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / "Planet" Pluto
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
interesting...
in a way i find it wrong, but then i want to see wat happens
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
Why would Artificial Life be wrong? I don't get why people see it as "Wrong". It's unnatural, so what? Artificial Life could bring the human race into a new age, we can finally bring ourselves above the title of "Human".......I'm looking forward to the first real Coordinator. XD


ya...FMA...it a really sad story...i cry a lot while watching dat...this is taboo...u know...tabooo...


*Sigh* This thread is not about FMA. It's about Artificial Life...... =_=
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/07

Dendetsu wrote:

Why would Artificial Life be wrong? I don't get why people see it as "Wrong". It's unnatural, so what? Artificial Life could bring the human race into a new age, we can finally bring ourselves above the title of "Human".......I'm looking forward to the first real Coordinator. XD


ya...FMA...it a really sad story...i cry a lot while watching dat...this is taboo...u know...tabooo...


*Sigh* This thread is not about FMA. It's about Artificial Life...... =_=


Artificial life would be wrong because it is.
Seriously, can you not tell that it is just morally wrong to artificially create a human, using artificial parts?
23960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/19/07

Dendetsu wrote:

Why would Artificial Life be wrong? I don't get why people see it as "Wrong". It's unnatural, so what? Artificial Life could bring the human race into a new age, we can finally bring ourselves above the title of "Human".......I'm looking forward to the first real Coordinator. XD


nice said man.we should looking forward of it

9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 8/19/07

Seriously, can you not tell that it is just morally wrong to artificially create a human, using artificial parts?


Well....Sorry but, I don't go by morals. Mostly because they're man-made along with the terms "Good" and "Bad". They're just things to keep people from killing each other, and that worked perfectly, didn't it? >_>

And, I'm atheist so don't come at me with any religious bull-shit. >_>
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/07

Dendetsu wrote:


Seriously, can you not tell that it is just morally wrong to artificially create a human, using artificial parts?




And, I'm atheist so don't come at me with any religious bull-shit. >_


Who said I was?

4488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / pearl of the orient
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
its crazy ! im thinking of frankenstien right now.
its creepy yeah so i suggest dendetsu should coordinate such stuff only for halloween
4738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / ...T_T!!
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
we're humans not gods!..only He had the power to create and destroy life..so we should just leave that business to Him and not mess with life at all!!!
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 8/19/07

midnitekiller wrote:

we're humans not gods!..only He had the power to create and destroy life..so we should just leave that business to Him and not mess with life at all!!!


I have one word to say to that sentence.........BULLSHIT!!

There is no God/(s), thats just a dumb-ass myth humans made up as an excuse for how we came to exist.....You can't bring up Religion in a Scientific Discussion. >_>

Also, we seem to be doing the "Destroying Life" part fine. Aren't we? So why not make life? >_>
2522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/19/07
Honestly, I dont like this at all. Intelligence would eventually lead to rebellion, and ethnically speaking, its a terrible thing. ~.~
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/19/07

Dendetsu wrote:


midnitekiller wrote:

we're humans not gods!..only He had the power to create and destroy life..so we should just leave that business to Him and not mess with life at all!!!


I have one word to say to that sentence.........BULLSHIT!!

There is no God/(s), thats just a dumb-ass myth humans made up as an excuse for how we came to exist.....You can't bring up Religion in a Scientific Discussion. >_>

Also, we seem to be doing the "Destroying Life" part fine. Aren't we? So why not make life? >_>



Respect other peoples opinion and don't shove yours in their face.

To me, what you just said is bullshit. Let's not go into detail, ok?


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.