First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Beauty and Brains? I Guess Not....
1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
i think she look pretty n if i was the one standing on stage i would not know how to answer too
4512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F / SMILY♥LAND
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
Wow, that was a bad answer. If I was a judge, I would've given her a 0.
604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

Dusterbayala wrote:


hibzargon wrote:

... She is such a disgrace.. . yes she's nervous and everything but heck?!?! What in the world was that?!!?!

She just humiliated herself in front of the public .

It was a wonder why she got the title ... maybe she payed the judges... ;P


with her body perhaps.


huh? body?What body? *looks at video again*
She's as flat as a runway! She also looks flimsy and weak.

Didn't like her attitude or the way she carries herself.
She'd won probably because of her face. I guess beauty pageants are getting less popular and less people are competing. This is the only reasons that would make her the winner.

15920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117 / M / as far away from...
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

nta2005 wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:


hibzargon wrote:

... She is such a disgrace.. . yes she's nervous and everything but heck?!?! What in the world was that?!!?!

She just humiliated herself in front of the public .

It was a wonder why she got the title ... maybe she payed the judges... ;P


with her body perhaps.


huh? body?What body? *looks at video again*
She's as flat as a runway! She also looks flimsy and weak.

Didn't like her attitude or the way she carries herself.
She'd won probably because of her face. I guess beauty pageants are getting less popular and less people are competing. This is the only reasons that would make her the winner.



who cares if shes flat, hahahhaha...she shouldve just spoken in tagalog...i still cant believe she won though..and to answer this threads question, i would choose.................................



..............brain or personalities
15920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117 / M / as far away from...
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

mysticgenie wrote:

Check it out:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvI0rPDV5XY
From: www.hollywoodgrind.com

Janina San Miguel was a 17 years-old beauty pageant contestant from the Philippines. At first she said she was very confident, but after she had to answer a question she admitted she was really nervous. It may sound funny to some to hear a Filipina speak, but for some reason I think Filipinas have the voices of angels. It’s just my thing. In fact I like how most Asian girls talk. Janina really handled the pressure very gracefully. She’s great.

Janina did win.
-------
Bb. Pilipinas 2008 contestant Janina San Miguel was just a centimeter away from nose bleeding to death in coming up for an answer from Vivian Tan's question, "What role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilipinas?"

Her answer....

Well, my family’s role for me is so important becoz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s …. very… Haha .… Oh I’m so sorry, uhmm …. My pamily .… My pamily .… Oh my god …. Ok, I’m so sorry .… I .… I told you that I’m so confident .… Eto, uhhmm, Wait .… Hahahahaha, uhmmm, Sorry guys becoz this was really my first pageant ever becoz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the tough 10. Hmmm, so .… but I said that my family es the most important persons in my life. Thank you.


----My take....I am Filipino and I do not speak like her...At least I know I can speak fluent English with correct subject verb agreements! She won a DAMN title despite her dumb answer?! What has the world come to?! Yes, she's really pretty there's no doubt about that...but her answer really is a disgrace! Funny...but embarassing...well...at least she won and she did have the LAST laugh..

What can you say?


she probably made one of those sex tapes with a judge thats why she won, haahhahahahahaha...though i cant wait for the bootleg to come out
538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Pinas!!!!
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

xpucax wrote:


nta2005 wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:


hibzargon wrote:

... She is such a disgrace.. . yes she's nervous and everything but heck?!?! What in the world was that?!!?!

She just humiliated herself in front of the public .

It was a wonder why she got the title ... maybe she payed the judges... ;P


with her body perhaps.


huh? body?What body? *looks at video again*
She's as flat as a runway! She also looks flimsy and weak.

Didn't like her attitude or the way she carries herself.
She'd won probably because of her face. I guess beauty pageants are getting less popular and less people are competing. This is the only reasons that would make her the winner.



who cares if shes flat, hahahhaha...she shouldve just spoken in tagalog...i still cant believe she won though..and to answer this threads question, i would choose.................................



..............brain or personalities


Yeah... speak tagalog girl!!! but I do hope she won't do that kind of thing at the actual Miss World... Or speak tagalog there because that would be degrading to the Philippines which has 98% of its population speaking English... Having a translator would be a bad idea... T_T

She better take speech lessons.
15920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117 / M / as far away from...
Offline
Posted 3/12/08

hibzargon wrote:


xpucax wrote:


nta2005 wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:


hibzargon wrote:

... She is such a disgrace.. . yes she's nervous and everything but heck?!?! What in the world was that?!!?!

She just humiliated herself in front of the public .

It was a wonder why she got the title ... maybe she payed the judges... ;P


with her body perhaps.


huh? body?What body? *looks at video again*
She's as flat as a runway! She also looks flimsy and weak.

Didn't like her attitude or the way she carries herself.
She'd won probably because of her face. I guess beauty pageants are getting less popular and less people are competing. This is the only reasons that would make her the winner.



who cares if shes flat, hahahhaha...she shouldve just spoken in tagalog...i still cant believe she won though..and to answer this threads question, i would choose.................................



..............brain or personalities


Yeah... speak tagalog girl!!! but I do hope she won't do that kind of thing at the actual Miss World... Or speak tagalog there because that would be degrading to the Philippines which has 98% of its population speaking English... Having a translator would be a bad idea... T_T

She better take speech lessons.


she better spend her time practicing english or get a translater because Miss World is soo much bigger than this competition, not only filipinoes are watching but the entire world. so yea, good luck
Posted 3/12/08
That was retarded.
1345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/12/08
i feel bad for her, but i'm suprised she won since the interiew questions are usually highly weighted. she never really answered the question, and if i were another contestant i would be pissed that she won since she obvisously screwed her answer. since she messed up her interview which is basically the brains component, she prob. got high marks on the other parts of the competition...which makes up the beauty portion. so i would have to say that she won based on beauty and elegance instead of on brains. but beauty pagents were originally based on beauty (duh), so i wouldn't be too surprised that beauty got her to win.
262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / somewhere in sout...
Offline
Posted 3/12/08
what the....shoot me....no wait! shoot her, shoot her now!
she should have just answered the question in her native language, @&$*@^! that is so humiliating, what the hell was she saying?
take a guess on how she'll do in the actual ms. world pageant...i bet she'll be included in the tof ten...or maybe even the tof tree...
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/13/08

bren wrote:

c'mon.
anybody's comment on her is a comment for US Filipinos.
She's a shame, alright? But you dont have to spread it up to here,
just to get everyone replying on ur posts.
Have you had no shame left for our country!?


I couldnt AGREE more.
filipinos are sometimes like dat. there are the ones who try to pull there own country men to such disgrace..

her answer was really dumb.
her answer was really shameful!
iunno how come she won the pageant!

but com'on, give her a chance.. der's still 7 months and she says herself, she's gonna study english speech ..

1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 3/13/08
[

bren wrote:

c'mon.
anybody's comment on her is a comment for US Filipinos.
She's a shame, alright? But you dont have to spread it up to here,
just to get everyone replying on ur posts.
Have you had no shame left for our country!?


I couldnt AGREE more.
filipinos are sometimes like dat. there are the ones who try to pull there own country men to such disgrace..

her answer was really dumb.
her answer was really shameful!
iunno how come she won the pageant!

but com'on, give her a chance.. der's still 7 months [m not sure, correct me on that if im wrong] and she says herself, she's gonna have speech lessons..

i jus hope she doesnt embarass filipinos on the intl pageant.. *making the sign of the cross* hahaha



1644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Planet Novus: Any...
Offline
Posted 3/13/08
I think what made her won is the thing we called confidence. Despite her mistakes and how nervous she was she still continue talking and explained everything. 75% beauty+10% confidence+15% brains.. if she has beauty and confidence she has a total of 85% hehehe...
15785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / ---mystic moon----
Offline
Posted 3/13/08

kinchin123 wrote:

I think what made her won is the thing we called confidence. Despite her mistakes and how nervous she was she still continue talking and explained everything. 75% beauty+10% confidence+15% brains.. if she has beauty and confidence she has a total of 85% hehehe...


very well said!

Let us just hope she studies hard from now on.....
46432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/13/08
I'm not the best under pressure and I'm sure she was nervous but sometimes you gotta push that aside. I mean being nervous doesn't mean you can't answer the question in full. I wasn't in her position so I really can't judge her. Regardless, she won and I congratualte her on her accomplishments. Were there better contestants that were able to asnwer the questions better? Probably.. I don't know and didn't watch it. I think speech is very important and should have been taken into consideration when selecting someone for a Beauty Pageant because the point for most of them aren't just based on looks but on goals, aspirations, personality, etc. I don't think she was the best choice due to her lack of substance in some of those categories but as I said before, I wasn't in her shoes and I don't know how she felt. Either way, congrats. haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.