First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
One in Four Women in Teens Have S.T.D.’s, Study Finds
5449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CALIFORNIA
Offline
Posted 3/11/08

n_n303 wrote:

I'm 100% clean! good thing i'm not a guy
whats the rate for men??


stop lieing

guys are 100 percent clean lol
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
That's sad. <_>
Posted 3/11/08

shibole wrote:


Flourescent wrote:
I'm slow. So does that mean 1 in four of my friends are infected? '_' or 1 in 10 of them? Or what?

It sounds like it depends on what race they are. I didn't read the full report, but the article claimed that the rate was 1 in 5 for white girls (13-17 was the age range I think) and 1 in 2 for black girls. I think this was out of a sample of 800 or something so that may not be enough to say anything about other "races" specifically. but overall, yea, 1 in 4


Interesting..

Well, one I know that isn't a virgin is an African American, one is Indian, and another is Puerto Rican.

But that's very interesting. Thank you.
1234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / z
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
In the U.S thats fine then
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
I just read this today. A very disturbing statistic indeed. The stat for black women was 40% from what I heard, but maybe it's 1 in 2. I didn't see. I don't even remember the stat for white women. Regardless, the news is frightening.
Posted 3/11/08

Flourescent wrote:
Well, one I know that isn't a virgin is an African American, one is Indian, and another is Puerto Rican.

But that's very interesting. Thank you.

Well, to be clear:


Race itself is not a risk factor for STDs, Forhan said. However, factors such as limited access to health care, poverty, community prevalence of STDs, and misperceptions about individual risk are some of the reasons that STD rates are particularly high among African-Americans, she said.


http://www.healthcare.com/health-news/one-in-4-teen-girls-has-a-sexually-transmitted-disease/
Posted 3/11/08
wear protection LOL
Posted 3/11/08

shibole wrote:


Flourescent wrote:
Well, one I know that isn't a virgin is an African American, one is Indian, and another is Puerto Rican.

But that's very interesting. Thank you.

Well, to be clear:


Race itself is not a risk factor for STDs, Forhan said. However, factors such as limited access to health care, poverty, community prevalence of STDs, and misperceptions about individual risk are some of the reasons that STD rates are particularly high among African-Americans, she said.


http://www.healthcare.com/health-news/one-in-4-teen-girls-has-a-sexually-transmitted-disease/


African Americans eh.. =_= Well, I'm still a virgin..thankfully..I don't plan on losing my virginity in a while. it'll be a long time before i let a guy go that far.

I'm just worried because you can also get STDs from other women.

And, here, it's not the black girls that sleep around..it's mainly Caucasian girls that get knocked up and/or infected

21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
As I've said before abstinence education does not help. Condoms prevent many STD's. Anyway, luckily HPV is fairly easy to fight compared to some of the others, and if any guys goes after the all girls all sluts arguement let me ask you this, how were those STD's spread? Time for a check up guys.
(another factor might also be that for guys it's more obvious because, well.........it's more visible and easier to see the effects.
23623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [???????????????]
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
Wow that's a lot. Hope it's not like that in my school.
Posted 3/11/08

Flourescent wrote:
I'm just worried because you can also get STDs from other women.

Well, *I* can't because I'm married, my wife doesn't have STDs, and I don't cheat on her
Posted 3/11/08

shibole wrote:


Flourescent wrote:
I'm just worried because you can also get STDs from other women.

Well, *I* can't because I'm married, my wife doesn't have STDs, and I don't cheat on her :)


:] That's great. I'm happy for you ^^

Thanks for clearing it up :3

19865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
Guess you just have to be careful. Always have a Trojan warrior by your side to protect the spread and thus prevent penis decay. lol.
4827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Calibaby.........
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
1 in 4 wtf
46432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/11/08
Yea I read about that today too. Good thing I don't have sex! haha that's actually pretty sad tho...It just keeps getting worse
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.