First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Anime Con
5678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / nyc
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

SilkKimono wrote:


rugal08 wrote:


SilkKimono wrote:


Full-Metal-Alchemist wrote:

I wanna see Travis Willingham and Vic Mignogna


Whose that.


they're the english voice actors of Full Metal Alchemist I believe.


Wow. You see how much english dub I watch huh?


No probs man, english voice actors for anime are not as well known sadly. I think the english dub for FMA is decent.
967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Greensboro
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

rugal08 wrote:


SilkKimono wrote:


rugal08 wrote:


SilkKimono wrote:


Full-Metal-Alchemist wrote:

I wanna see Travis Willingham and Vic Mignogna


Whose that.


they're the english voice actors of Full Metal Alchemist I believe.


Wow. You see how much english dub I watch huh?


No probs man, english voice actors for anime are not as well known sadly. I think the english dub for FMA is decent.


I do too. Don't get me wrong I watch the majority of FMA in eng dub. But turned to subbed later on. It is one of the few decent dubs out there but it maybe because I heard the dubs first ^_^
5908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Insane Asylum.
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

i don't wanna go. i don't wanna see a mass of anime nerds dressed up like naruto. i hate fuckin naruto, if i do go to one and some on starts saying dattebayo or i'm gonna save saskue. i'm gonna fuckin kill them. seriously. who wants to see a mass of orange fags in a frickin room. also if this anime/cosplay con is in america. expect a lot of fat, losers coming. fuckin naruto lovers. i just wanna go into a room filled with narutos and just beat them.


Hahaha, I totally agree.~
35171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Lurking
Offline
Posted 3/22/08

SilkKimono wrote:


Kr3w wrote:

Planning to go to one in august but thats still far away.


Which one?


Anime Evolution.

Located in Vancouver, BC
967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Greensboro
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

Kr3w wrote:


SilkKimono wrote:


Kr3w wrote:

Planning to go to one in august but thats still far away.


Which one?


Anime Evolution.

Located in Vancouver, BC


Is that far from where you live? Would you go to a con that was far away from your hometown?
3034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
I went to Anime Expo last summer. That was a great experience. My friends and I got to meet Johnny Yong Bosch [actor/voiceactor who has done the dub voices for many popular animes such as Bleach, Eureka Seven, Trigun, and the upcoming dub release of Code Geass].

I'm planning on going again this year, hopefully.
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
I just went to my first con on friday! It was pretty cool, and I actually bought anime and manga stuff, so I don't need to feel guilty for killing the anime industry with my online-watching.
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

rugal08 wrote:

english voice actors for anime are not as well known sadly. I think the english dub for FMA is decent.


At the con I just went to, I saw the english dub off xxxHolic, and was actually really, really, good. Yuuko was voiced by the same person who voiced Hawkeye in FMA!
32215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Denver
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
I have been going to conventions since I was 12... I just went to Anime Wasabi last weekend, and I will also go to Nan Desu Kan in a few months. I actually like sci fi conventions better than anime ones, though.
5678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / nyc
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

The_8th_Sin wrote:


rugal08 wrote:

english voice actors for anime are not as well known sadly. I think the english dub for FMA is decent.


At the con I just went to, I saw the english dub off xxxHolic, and was actually really, really, good. Yuuko was voiced by the same person who voiced Hawkeye in FMA!


Yah? Awesome! I saw XXXholic in Japanese, but I'd like to see it dubbed as well
15623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Labs, towns, citi...
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

rugal08 wrote:


The_8th_Sin wrote:


rugal08 wrote:

english voice actors for anime are not as well known sadly. I think the english dub for FMA is decent.


At the con I just went to, I saw the english dub off xxxHolic, and was actually really, really, good. Yuuko was voiced by the same person who voiced Hawkeye in FMA!


Yah? Awesome! I saw XXXholic in Japanese, but I'd like to see it dubbed as well


This is how good the voice acting was:
Watanuki: Good enough
Himawari: Excellent
Doumeki: Near-perfection
Maru/Moro-dashi: Excellent
Mokona: Somewhat lacking
Yuuko: PERFECT!
35171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Lurking
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

SilkKimono wrote:


Kr3w wrote:


SilkKimono wrote:


Kr3w wrote:

Planning to go to one in august but thats still far away.


Which one?


Anime Evolution.

Located in Vancouver, BC


Is that far from where you live? Would you go to a con that was far away from your hometown?


It's about a 6 hour drive to get there.
68 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / In My Miyyyynd
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
I'm going to Sakura Con this coming weekend.
875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 3/23/08
Omg, April 15th = Manga ReCon in my local Waterstones! I'm so excited. <3
Posted 3/23/08
i was bout to go wiht my cuzsin..den my parent start bitching at me...
it was held in BOSTON. march 21, so yeh it already past. there were this japs, singer perfroming..i 4got who.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.