First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
So what's your opinion on the trouble CR has been getting in lately?
3892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / West Ar Rifa`
Offline
Posted 4/4/08
kind of
8211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 4/4/08
I think that those anime companies should be thankful of CR. I think it was said before that most anime companies survive on the sales of their merchandise.

And I believe that CR is actually doing these companies a favour by showing their anime here because its like free advertising. People become fans, go crazy over the anime and buys the merchandise (eg, figurines, soundtracks, toys, pillowcasing (if you guys remember that picture of the guys hugging their pillows)....)
628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / davao city, phili...
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08
i joined crunchyroll so that i could watch naruto and bleach aside from watching it at you tube, but now i can't watch it here anymore because of that license thing.
4533 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Cloud 9'~
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08

naraku00 wrote:

pff without fansubbers anime wouldn't be as big in the west as it is right now. when there was hardly any anime at blockbusters, anime was already widely distributed on the net in archaic formats like viv (vivo?). I saw evangelion first on .viv lol. was a lot like a narrated slideshow. then kenshin on .rm.

japanese animators aren't that clueless about their stuff floating on the net. there was an interview some years ago actually thinking the funsubbing community for making their work globally known.

and whats more, I've bought the english DVDs and they are like...suck. the subtitles are plain and uneventful, full of translation errors, censorships, and just doesn't feel right. the opening songs aren't koraoke-rized, etc.

fuck off bandai and funi. and another fuck you for all the shitty anime games that I had to import.


Totally Agree with this.
And what about them, huh? Some fans are still buying their precious DVD anime.
Also, I think CR will still live on. Shinji can protect his rights as the owner of CR, I know it. ^^
1306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Stalker detected!...
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08

s8ntnick wrote:


jiaxiang007 wrote:

I support cr no matter what. People are paying for higher quality videos and everything here unlicensed can be viewed for free. Cr is promoting anime instead of destroying it. It is thanks to Cr that i started watching anime like bleach, kanon 2006 and others types of anime which i don't have a clue about.
So, CRUNCHYROLL RULES




i don't see your logic

people are paying for higher quality?

do you mean dvd

if so then okay

but my only question is you say you support cr but you don't donate ?

look i am a supporter for cr and will continue to support cr

i come to cr to watch high quality vids that i paid to watch

the donations is the front for basically the premium supporters meaning exclusive access to vids and limitless amount of bandwidth use


but your implying that those who pay for this service shouldn't be concerned and just look else where when we have put our money into this site

i just don't see the logic

and yes i do know how to get the shows elsewhere but doesnt mean i want to when i could get here \

quite frankly i dont want to have to look else where, but sites like veoh i guess will always be a back up


I mean i support crunchyroll in the removal of licensed anime, they got no choice but to remove it or else crunchyroll will be down.
Okay, actually the high quality was given due to the fact that you supported crunchyroll not buying it. People who donated now argue that people who did't even donate, like me, get to watch high quality videos. You guys are angry that your money is gone, but can't you think it as a donation to a great site.
3868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08
whatever happens..still like crunchyroll...
7628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Nashville Tennessee
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08

jiaxiang007 wrote:


s8ntnick wrote:


jiaxiang007 wrote:

I support cr no matter what. People are paying for higher quality videos and everything here unlicensed can be viewed for free. Cr is promoting anime instead of destroying it. It is thanks to Cr that i started watching anime like bleach, kanon 2006 and others types of anime which i don't have a clue about.
So, CRUNCHYROLL RULES




i don't see your logic

people are paying for higher quality?

do you mean dvd

if so then okay

but my only question is you say you support cr but you don't donate ?

look i am a supporter for cr and will continue to support cr

i come to cr to watch high quality vids that i paid to watch

the donations is the front for basically the premium supporters meaning exclusive access to vids and limitless amount of bandwidth use


but your implying that those who pay for this service shouldn't be concerned and just look else where when we have put our money into this site

i just don't see the logic

and yes i do know how to get the shows elsewhere but doesnt mean i want to when i could get here \

quite frankly i dont want to have to look else where, but sites like veoh i guess will always be a back up


I mean i support crunchyroll in the removal of licensed anime, they got no choice but to remove it or else crunchyroll will be down.
Okay, actually the high quality was given due to the fact that you supported crunchyroll not buying it. People who donated now argue that people who did't even donate, like me, get to watch high quality videos. You guys are angry that your money is gone, but can't you think it as a donation to a great site.


look its not that i dont think my money was spent well i do i have watched this site grow for 2 years

its amazing how far we've come

but now that everyone is getting high quality for free . i mean hey its cool its just that i feel like i just got sucker punch without looking and my money that i gave to this site will just get me the same as what you can get for free do you see the reason for my anger

its like you pay for a concert ticket that suppose to get you vip access then something changes and everyone is allowed in for free when you already paid

i dont want a refund or anything just something for the money spent
1306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Stalker detected!...
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08

s8ntnick wrote:


jiaxiang007 wrote:


s8ntnick wrote:


jiaxiang007 wrote:

I support cr no matter what. People are paying for higher quality videos and everything here unlicensed can be viewed for free. Cr is promoting anime instead of destroying it. It is thanks to Cr that i started watching anime like bleach, kanon 2006 and others types of anime which i don't have a clue about.
So, CRUNCHYROLL RULES




i don't see your logic

people are paying for higher quality?

do you mean dvd

if so then okay

but my only question is you say you support cr but you don't donate ?

look i am a supporter for cr and will continue to support cr

i come to cr to watch high quality vids that i paid to watch

the donations is the front for basically the premium supporters meaning exclusive access to vids and limitless amount of bandwidth use


but your implying that those who pay for this service shouldn't be concerned and just look else where when we have put our money into this site

i just don't see the logic

and yes i do know how to get the shows elsewhere but doesnt mean i want to when i could get here \

quite frankly i dont want to have to look else where, but sites like veoh i guess will always be a back up


I mean i support crunchyroll in the removal of licensed anime, they got no choice but to remove it or else crunchyroll will be down.
Okay, actually the high quality was given due to the fact that you supported crunchyroll not buying it. People who donated now argue that people who did't even donate, like me, get to watch high quality videos. You guys are angry that your money is gone, but can't you think it as a donation to a great site.


look its not that i dont think my money was spent well i do i have watched this site grow for 2 years

its amazing how far we've come

but now that everyone is getting high quality for free . i mean hey its cool its just that i feel like i just got sucker punch without looking and my money that i gave to this site will just get me the same as what you can get for free do you see the reason for my anger

its like you pay for a concert ticket that suppose to get you vip access then something changes and everyone is allowed in for free when you already paid

i dont want a refund or anything just something for the money spent


Oh i see. It seem that it was kinda unreasonable at the same time.
Shinji should stop all donation and wait for all the crunchyroll supporters status to expire before having free high quality =/
Ghost
AHTL 
91569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08
It's called donating for a bloody reason -_-
237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Edinburgh
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08
4046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
105 / F / Indianapolis, Ind...
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08
Well, personally, I'm not here for the anime. I have enjoyed "meeting" everyone here in the forums, and have been introduced to some really GOOD music I would otherwise never have known about. I don't like that CR is in trouble, but when a website is as successful as CR has become, the bigger boys are going to start whining and try to shut it down. They don't seem to get the fact that fighting against something will only succeed in making it more popular, due to persons who don't even know what CR is, will come to the website to check it out....and once they're here, they'll want to stay.
77333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/21/08

blackzero_01 wrote:

i joined crunchyroll so that i could watch naruto and bleach aside from watching it at you tube, but now i can't watch it here anymore because of that license thing.


it was already licensed for a long.. LONG time ago, he just didnt remove it from the site.

-----------------
By the way, as not much anime gets over to my country..and mostly only to the south, and not in the north where I am. I tend to buy mine from the scandinavian Internetshops when available, but not all is buyable, like tsukuyomi moon phase, I had to download the whole show..

So downloading, and watching online is what I do first before I buy it to see if it is any good to spend money on.
Newly aired episodes is what I watch at once on the net anyways.


Jinchengfan wrote:

Well, personally, I'm not here for the anime. I have enjoyed "meeting" everyone here in the forums, and have been introduced to some really GOOD music I would otherwise never have known about. I don't like that CR is in trouble, but when a website is as successful as CR has become, the bigger boys are going to start whining and try to shut it down. They don't seem to get the fact that fighting against something will only succeed in making it more popular, due to persons who don't even know what CR is, will come to the website to check it out....and once they're here, they'll want to stay.


this is true, as people tend to get curious at what is really happening here they take a look and, as you say.. stay
2589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / the little dot on...
Offline
Posted 4/5/08 , edited 4/21/08
pshh they are just greedy bastards blaming CR for that..........crunchyroll lives, youtube die
14372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/5/08 , edited 4/21/08
well, kinda troubling but i still love this site no matter what,.......
7628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Nashville Tennessee
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/21/08

AHTL wrote:

It's called donating for a bloody reason -_-




yes its also called paying for the unlimited streaming and high quality vids you were given for paying for the premium membership yes we donated but we payed for other reasons as well

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.