First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Clannad Ending/OVA Speculation
Member
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
Looking at several other Clannad forums I've realised a significant increase in rumors speculating a season 2... Perhaps due to the possibility of having the school arc completing by eps 23, the OVA itself will not be sufficient enough to cover and close the full clannad story.

Suggestions includes:


These speculations are done and discuss by hardcore Key and KyoAni fans. Many have followed closely the progress and methods these company work with, and knows their trends and styling. Many of these speculations seems to be highly possible.

Well, we'll have to wait till july to find out. In the meantime, get ready for the end!
Moderator
69464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
usually ova can be 30mins-1 hour long
My guess is its either a filler or the afterstory

Filler can be used to make a season 2 which is based on the afterstory but we have to wait and see what it is going to be
Hopefully there will be a small trailer at the end of the episode showing Kyoani next project release.

Member
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/18/08

despk wrote:

usually ova can be 30mins-1 hour long
My guess is its either a filler or the afterstory

Filler can be used to make a season 2 which is based on the afterstory but we have to wait and see what it is going to be
Hopefully there will be a small trailer at the end of the episode showing Kyoani next project release.



If my guess is right, the trailer shd be visible at the end of eps 23. The OVA is going to release so much later... and i doubt the hype would be at it's peak.

So far, it's always the last eps (AiR & Kanon) for Key and KyoAni works that has the next Key related series trailer... Bt Clannad is different, since the OVA is supposingly eps 24.. This is definitely a very unorthodox approach by Key this time round.
Moderator
69464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
the last episode is 22 even the spoiler teaser for it said last episode
ova will counts as 23 unless its a filler and a second season comes out about the afterstory
Member
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/18/08

despk wrote:

the last episode is 22 even the spoiler teaser for it said last episode
ova will counts as 23 unless its a filler and a second season comes out about the afterstory


I'm aware of that. However, you see, 23 is at 27th of march. Dont you think it's feasible to put the trailer for 23 at 22?

If the end of 22 shows the OVA trailer, wouldnt it make fans think that there wouldnt be a 23? Showing 2 trailers definitely out of question. So, the logicable arrange will be that 22 trailer show the "event of summer" while 23 shows the ova trailer stating it's release at 16th July.

But think about it... the OVA is release on the special dvd package... so it's not airing on tv... that's something to think about.
Moderator
69464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London
Offline
Posted 3/18/08
i don't think they will show a trailer for the ova since ova isn't aired, i don't think i have seen a ova trailer aired on tv as well
most likely they will show their next project which probably will be haruhi or fmp
Member
582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Taipei, Taiwan
Offline
Posted 3/19/08
if KyoAni tried to squeeze everything after graduation into the final eps and the OVA, the overall quality of the anime would go down considerably. Considering that Clannad has been pretty smooth with character development and whatnot throughout the series so far.

Season 2? hm, that would be great depending on the fan base, and how much content the manga can provide (I've never read it).
Member
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/19/08

jiawei1123 wrote:

if KyoAni tried to squeeze everything after graduation into the final eps and the OVA, the overall quality of the anime would go down considerably. Considering that Clannad has been pretty smooth with character development and whatnot throughout the series so far.

Season 2? hm, that would be great depending on the fan base, and how much content the manga can provide (I've never read it).


well, what i can tell you is that the next part of the story easily takes up 40 - 50% of the full Clannad storyline.

There's just too many untold stories here, that it's impossible to squeeze.. As you mentioned, the quality would drop inconsiderably. One must understand that Clannad's storyline is the largest Key have ever done. It is larger than AiR and Kanon combined, some might say.

And it is stated that the OVA is a 24 min eps. Making it even more impossible for it to complete the story.

If you talk about reception from the anime fans, Clannad (Visual Novel) was one of the best selling game for the past 2 years. And Key is one of the most sorted after Visual Novel group in Japan market. Both AiR and Kanon had a very good reception from japan and overseas market... Looking at these fact, it is possible that Clannad had also maintained that standard...

Well, I do hope a season 2 will be announced. Or else, a great franchise would have gone to waste.
Member
1258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Realm of the Shin...
Offline
Posted 3/23/08

3volve wrote:


jiawei1123 wrote:

if KyoAni tried to squeeze everything after graduation into the final eps and the OVA, the overall quality of the anime would go down considerably. Considering that Clannad has been pretty smooth with character development and whatnot throughout the series so far.

Season 2? hm, that would be great depending on the fan base, and how much content the manga can provide (I've never read it).


well, what i can tell you is that the next part of the story easily takes up 40 - 50% of the full Clannad storyline.

There's just too many untold stories here, that it's impossible to squeeze.. As you mentioned, the quality would drop inconsiderably. One must understand that Clannad's storyline is the largest Key have ever done. It is larger than AiR and Kanon combined, some might say.

And it is stated that the OVA is a 24 min eps. Making it even more impossible for it to complete the story.

If you talk about reception from the anime fans, Clannad (Visual Novel) was one of the best selling game for the past 2 years. And Key is one of the most sorted after Visual Novel group in Japan market. Both AiR and Kanon had a very good reception from japan and overseas market... Looking at these fact, it is possible that Clannad had also maintained that standard...

Well, I do hope a season 2 will be announced. Or else, a great franchise would have gone to waste.


Seconded. Don't we all want a season 2
Member
5344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere.....
Offline
Posted 3/24/08
Episode 23's title is The Summer Break incident....

Something that happen in their summer break....which was never featured in any part of the VN.

And most probably after that time when Tomoya confessed to Nagisa...... it should be interesting.
Member
2275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/25/08
As much as I love the Clannad franchise, I don't think a season 2 would be really needed if they are going to attempt to end the Clannad story in the last ex episode and OVA (which would indeed suck since thats too little to fit the rest of the story). No set info on what the OVA will be about yet. However, if the OVA doesn't end things, then I would look forward to a season 2 that would maybe be based on After Story, unless the creators decide to take a different approach and take on a different route (the untold stories of the other girls).
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.