First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Underrated Anime and Characters
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
Gakuen Alice is pretty underrated in my opinion. I mean I understand it's not for everyone, and the ending wasn't the best but this anime has so much going for it and it has a deeper meaning to it than it lets on. (Natsume's story, Mikan's life as a no-star, you think about these situations a bit and you might understand) Not to mention for 'kawaii' fans this anime is too adorable for words sometimes and it's pretty darn funny.

That's about all I can think of. I just think Gakuen Alice because not as many people like it as they should. =o If you haven't seen it, give it a chance. I highly recommend it to shoujo-fans.
7440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
Miami Guns, Betterman, Puni Puni Poemy, Silent Mobius and Shadow Skill, I dunno why but I hardly hear anything about these and I actually consider them all to be good shows, maybe not great, but noteworthy enough to be more popular among anime fans
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In you're brain,...
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
Hrrmmm, under rated, huh? Well, I definently do not like Dragon Ball Z.....That, unfortunlly, is the only thing I think up of o.o"
7440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08

Kikirina wrote:

Hrrmmm, under rated, huh? Well, I definently do not like Dragon Ball Z.....That, unfortunlly, is the only thing I think up of o.o"


You thinking of overrated, perhaps? I really can't see it as underrated, it became mega-popular at one point
167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / STL
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08

Deceptive_Cadence wrote:
That and I'll agree with Azrael about Revolutionary Girl Utena. That was a great show with great characters. The ending screwed with my head for a while too. They made a full movie that had gorgeous artwork. Everyone should check it out.


I was going to say Revolutionary Girl Utena, but it's been said already.
The movie is weird and doesn't do a very good job of portraying the character relationships from the series, but it is gorgeous.
7440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08

ablu272 wrote:


Deceptive_Cadence wrote:
That and I'll agree with Azrael about Revolutionary Girl Utena. That was a great show with great characters. The ending screwed with my head for a while too. They made a full movie that had gorgeous artwork. Everyone should check it out.


I was going to say Revolutionary Girl Utena, but it's been said already.
The movie is weird and doesn't do a very good job of portraying the character relationships from the series, but it is gorgeous.


Yeah, I actually forgot about Revolutionary Girl Utena, great show, as well
6572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08

azrael910 wrote:

I hear Naruto is good, too bad nobody watches it.

Seriously though, I'd say off the top of my head Revolutionary Girl Utena and ALOT of the older classic anime. Some animes get ungodly popular for a little while, then most people seem to forget about them, so it's hard saying something about a certain being underrated because nobody watches it now but it was very popular several years ago. Like, say, Escaflowne for example.

It also depends on where you're talking about it being overrated. In the american anime subculture? In the american anime mainstream culture (I mean stuff like Naruto and DBZ with that)? Around here (stradling the gap between those two cultures)?


Escaflowne, good exampple i used to watch that and completely forgot about it........i wonder if i can find it
1034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Another realm
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
Trigun!!!! Everyone I've talked to, excluding here, hasn't heard of it. AND stores like Hot Topic have dwindled in the merchandise...so thats my 2 cents..
1909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08

azrael910 wrote:

I hear Naruto is good, too bad nobody watches it.

Seriously though, I'd say off the top of my head Revolutionary Girl Utena and ALOT of the older classic anime. Some animes get ungodly popular for a little while, then most people seem to forget about them, so it's hard saying something about a certain being underrated because nobody watches it now but it was very popular several years ago. Like, say, Escaflowne for example.

It also depends on where you're talking about it being overrated. In the american anime subculture? In the american anime mainstream culture (I mean stuff like Naruto and DBZ with that)? Around here (stradling the gap between those two cultures)?



what...?! everyone watches Naruto if anything, it should be in an "overrated" forum topic
well to stay on topic... i'll say... azumanga daioh. it should be loved by all.
1034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Another realm
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
Sailormoon too
1909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
oh yeah the first season of sailormoon was good. but no one likes it at all TT_TT
oh another one is Jungle wa Itsumo hale nochi guu. no one talks about it and it's extremely funny!
i know of a truckload of anime but i can't think now... hmmmm

oh i know! no one talks about Someday's Dreamers... it's good. (japanese title is Mahou tsukai taisetsu na mono which means "what's important to magicians")
5788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/21/06 , edited 4/18/08
jigoku sensei nube. i remember watching it a couple of years ago.
kyu
1109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/23/06 , edited 4/18/08

MatsuoYuki wrote:

oh yeah the first season of sailormoon was good. but no one likes it at all TT_TT
oh another one is Jungle wa Itsumo hale nochi guu. no one talks about it and it's extremely funny!
i know of a truckload of anime but i can't think now... hmmmm

oh i know! no one talks about Someday's Dreamers... it's good. (japanese title is Mahou tsukai taisetsu na mono which means "what's important to magicians")


o_o



are you kidding? first someone says no one watches naruto when it's probably the most overrated anime in the world, not just in north america. both naruto and bleach. but sailormoon?
well, maybe now not a lot of people watch it since an old anime, but trust me, it had its time. be happy: every female in the whole world that had access to cable watched and/or loved sailormoon at some point. ;)


i think that higurashi no naku koro ni is rather underrated. specially by the people who call themselves elfen lied fans. *shakefist* it's not as gore-galore as elfen lied but more psychotic. it's not a bad show.
ergo proxy too. it's by the same director who directed witch hunter robin.
6887 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / F / Travels to Wales!
Offline
Posted 12/23/06 , edited 4/18/08
Suzuka
DearS
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Krypton
Offline
Posted 12/23/06 , edited 4/18/08
Inukami!

Never heard of it until i looked up the "ecchi" tag while i was bored

It was really funnny
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.