First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Pacqiao Vs Marquez: aftermath
20165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
I support Pacman, I have watched the way he fought some boxer.
387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / NO PLACE TO HIDE
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
it's done pacman wins
11966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ....metropolis,ks...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

valdaros wrote:

highway robbery... lol...

btw, english pls...

~reported~

just kidding...

seriously, use english pls...

@topic

pacman won because of that 3rd round KO and if it wasn't for the bell, Marquez could have been KOed again...

Marquez nearly got KOed again during the later round. i think it was the 10th round.

but, both figthers were great in that fight.

unfortunately for Marquez, pacman also did a good job.
^_^


you said 3rd round ko.....there was no ko it was a knockdown..not knockout.........and the spanish is not for you to read it was for soemone else..
5336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
w0w..Pacquiao won?..nice..
111856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Laguna
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
pacman wins... filipinos are celebrating for our manny "pacman".. mabuhay..!!
1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Black Hole
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

oyama31 wrote:


valdaros wrote:

highway robbery... lol...

btw, english pls...

~reported~

just kidding...

seriously, use english pls...

@topic

pacman won because of that 3rd round KO and if it wasn't for the bell, Marquez could have been KOed again...

Marquez nearly got KOed again during the later round. i think it was the 10th round.

but, both figthers were great in that fight.

unfortunately for Marquez, pacman also did a good job.
^_^


you said 3rd round ko.....there was no ko it was a knockdown..not knockout.........and the spanish is not for you to read it was for soemone else..


ok... thanks for the enlightenment about the difference between those two words...

and about the spanish, if i used my own language here in this forum and then a MOD warned/banned me for that, should i tell him that it was not meant for him to read?

yeah right...

78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

oyama31 wrote:

IM MEXICAN....AND MARQUEZ IS GONNA OWN PAC-MAN....YEAH YEAH MEXICAN KILLER MY ASS....MARQUEZ IS TAKING THSI SERIOSULY....NOT PAC...AND THERES NO EXCUSES...BECUASE BOTH ARE OLD FOR BOXERS...SO LET THE BEST MAN WIN...IF YOU KNOW BOXING...PAC-MAN IS NOT GONNA WIN HANDS DOWN...NO SENSE....IN THAT.......MARQUEZ KNOWS WHAT TO DO.......MARUQEZ DIDNT LOSE TO PAC-MAN LAST TIME...THEY BOTH TIED...THE ONLY 3 MEXICANS TO TAKE IT TO PAC-MAN........1.MORALES 2.MARQUEZ 3.LARIOS.....MARQUEZ IS GONNA SHOW PAC-MAN THAT THERE IS NO MEXICAN KILLER.....SO THERE IS NO HANDS DOWN IN THIS.....MEXICO MEXICO............

NOT THIS TIME FLIPS........... .........you wanna debate...bring it on.........


Please don't type in all caps, next time. Doing so gives the impression that you're screaming, and it's not very polite, online.

Plus, I'm not going to say that you're wrong, or that Pacquiao was lucky ~ rather, they really need to take the match on one more time. This match was too little to really close the book on the whole thing. One more re-match to finish it all, because this victory, quite frankly, was not very impressive on Pacquiao's part.



Besides that, I believe the point of this thread is already over. However, I'm leaving it open for those who'd still like to discuss the match, and how it turned out.
11966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ....metropolis,ks...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

edsamac wrote:


oyama31 wrote:

IM MEXICAN....AND MARQUEZ IS GONNA OWN PAC-MAN....YEAH YEAH MEXICAN KILLER MY ASS....MARQUEZ IS TAKING THSI SERIOSULY....NOT PAC...AND THERES NO EXCUSES...BECUASE BOTH ARE OLD FOR BOXERS...SO LET THE BEST MAN WIN...IF YOU KNOW BOXING...PAC-MAN IS NOT GONNA WIN HANDS DOWN...NO SENSE....IN THAT.......MARQUEZ KNOWS WHAT TO DO.......MARUQEZ DIDNT LOSE TO PAC-MAN LAST TIME...THEY BOTH TIED...THE ONLY 3 MEXICANS TO TAKE IT TO PAC-MAN........1.MORALES 2.MARQUEZ 3.LARIOS.....MARQUEZ IS GONNA SHOW PAC-MAN THAT THERE IS NO MEXICAN KILLER.....SO THERE IS NO HANDS DOWN IN THIS.....MEXICO MEXICO............

NOT THIS TIME FLIPS........... .........you wanna debate...bring it on.........


Please don't type in all caps, next time. Doing so gives the impression that you're screaming, and it's not very polite, online.

Plus, I'm not going to say that you're wrong, or that Pacquiao was lucky ~ rather, they really need to take the match on one more time. This match was too little to really close the book on the whole thing. One more re-match to finish it all, because this victory, quite frankly, was not very impressive on Pacquiao's part.



Besides that, I believe the point of this thread is already over. However, I'm leaving it open for those who'd still like to discuss the match, and how it turned out.


how man times do i have to say i didnt type in caps cuz i was yelling...i already said that is the way i normally type.....but anyway pac-man already denied a third fight...hes to cocky now......so he thinks business is over


valdaros wrote:


oyama31 wrote:


valdaros wrote:

highway robbery... lol...

btw, english pls...

~reported~

just kidding...

seriously, use english pls...

@topic

pacman won because of that 3rd round KO and if it wasn't for the bell, Marquez could have been KOed again...

Marquez nearly got KOed again during the later round. i think it was the 10th round.

but, both figthers were great in that fight.

unfortunately for Marquez, pacman also did a good job.
^_^


you said 3rd round ko.....there was no ko it was a knockdown..not knockout.........and the spanish is not for you to read it was for soemone else..


ok... thanks for the enlightenment about the difference between those two words...

and about the spanish, if i used my own language here in this forum and then a MOD warned/banned me for that, should i tell him that it was not meant for him to read?

yeah right...



it was becuase another girl on this was spwaking spanish so i responded in spanish you get it???....



~~~~~~~
No double posting please. Use the edit button next time to add on to your previous post.
~ edited by edsamac

1704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Black Hole
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

oyama31 wrote:


valdaros wrote:


oyama31 wrote:


valdaros wrote:

highway robbery... lol...

btw, english pls...

~reported~

just kidding...

seriously, use english pls...

@topic

pacman won because of that 3rd round KO and if it wasn't for the bell, Marquez could have been KOed again...

Marquez nearly got KOed again during the later round. i think it was the 10th round.

but, both figthers were great in that fight.

unfortunately for Marquez, pacman also did a good job.
^_^


you said 3rd round ko.....there was no ko it was a knockdown..not knockout.........and the spanish is not for you to read it was for soemone else..


ok... thanks for the enlightenment about the difference between those two words...

and about the spanish, if i used my own language here in this forum and then a MOD warned/banned me for that, should i tell him that it was not meant for him to read?

yeah right...



it was becuase another girl on this was spwaking spanish so i responded in spanish you get it???....


ok... i get it...

i'm not good with this kind of argument so i think it's enough for me now... i did not mean to offend you or anyone...

peace...

@topic
congratulations to both fighters... that was a hell of a show....
519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Left Coast - サンヂエゴ
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
I hate that term "Mexican Killer," Pacquaio doesn't use it and is on good terms with a significant number of hall of fame boxers from Mexico. Hell, most Mexicans would probably be hard pressed to root against Pacquaio if he isn't facing one of their country men. Same can be said for Filipinos once Pacquaio retires and Mexico's boxing empire takes over again.


oyama31 wrote:

how man times do i have to say i didnt type in caps cuz i was yelling...i already said that is the way i normally type.....but anyway pac-man already denied a third fight...hes to cocky now......so he thinks business is over


I personally thought Marquez won and that it was really a good fight, but hey I'm a fan, short for fanatic, not some professional.

I thought the judging was good, despite it being contrary to my opinion. While I believed JMM won both times, I can live with the decisions. Jerry Roth is a known technician and scored it on the grounds of technicality, which I feel Marquez dominated--hence the 115-112 scoring. Duane Ford gave it to the more active & punishing boxer which is why he had Pacquaio winning 115-114. Tom Miller gave it Pacquaio while I gave it Marquez. Close? Yes. Controversial? I don't think so. In the sense it was so close, I honestly hoped for an outright draw because I want to see it conclude in a trilogy. Country pride aside, that was some great boxing that I sure as heck would pay to watch again. (But then again, JMM and MP usually put on a good show for the crowd.)

MP has an amazing combination of speed and power that even beats out to Marco Antonio Barrera's in his prime. If he didn't have such a short reach, I feel he would completely dominate the lighter classes. Marquez is probably the most polished technician in the lighter weights and has one the best mentalities of any boxer in recent history.

What I don't like is when certain fans from my corner give me a bad name by saying stuff like "He's so cocky." I want a third fight myself, but Pacquaio already made the plans to move up even before fighting JMM. He would have moved up regardless of the outcome because he seems to like the limelight of bigger purses. I wouldn't call him cocky either, considering he's good friends with the majority of the past boxers he's gone up against (i.e. MAB & El Terrible).

Cocky is Miss Mayweather avoiding Cotto who would clean his lights and not Manny moving up.
11966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ....metropolis,ks...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

SpamMusubi wrote:

I hate that term "Mexican Killer," Pacquaio doesn't use it and is on good terms with a significant number of hall of fame boxers from Mexico. Hell, most Mexicans would probably be hard pressed to root against Pacquaio if he isn't facing one of their country men. Same can be said for Filipinos once Pacquaio retires and Mexico's boxing empire takes over again.


oyama31 wrote:

how man times do i have to say i didnt type in caps cuz i was yelling...i already said that is the way i normally type.....but anyway pac-man already denied a third fight...hes to cocky now......so he thinks business is over


I personally thought Marquez won and that it was really a good fight, but hey I'm a fan, short for fanatic, not some professional.

I thought the judging was good, despite it being contrary to my opinion. While I believed JMM won both times, I can live with the decisions. Jerry Roth is a known technician and scored it on the grounds of technicality, which I feel Marquez dominated--hence the 115-112 scoring. Duane Ford gave it to the more active & punishing boxer which is why he had Pacquaio winning 115-114. Tom Miller gave it Pacquaio while I gave it Marquez. Close? Yes. Controversial? I don't think so. In the sense it was so close, I honestly hoped for an outright draw because I want to see it conclude in a trilogy. Country pride aside, that was some great boxing that I sure as heck would pay to watch again. (But then again, JMM and MP usually put on a good show for the crowd.)

MP has an amazing combination of speed and power that even beats out to Marco Antonio Barrera's in his prime. If he didn't have such a short reach, I feel he would completely dominate the lighter classes. Marquez is probably the most polished technician in the lighter weights and has one the best mentalities of any boxer in recent history.

What I don't like is when certain fans from my corner give me a bad name by saying stuff like "He's so cocky." I want a third fight myself, but Pacquaio already made the plans to move up even before fighting JMM. He would have moved up regardless of the outcome because he seems to like the limelight of bigger purses. I wouldn't call him cocky either, considering he's good friends with the majority of the past boxers he's gone up against (i.e. MAB & El Terrible).

Cocky is Miss Mayweather avoiding Cotto who would clean his lights and not Manny moving up.


yeah gayweather is cocky............some filipinos think it was a kill and everything.so they keep saying mexican killer...pacquiao isnt a mexican killer....hes only knocked out 5.out of 9..and the others went the distance with him....the only ones to have shook his grounds was morales...marquez...and oscar larios............yeah and about manny being friends ..yeah hes good friends with erik.....the only mexican to ever have beaten him.....so my respects to pac-man.......if only most filipinos were humble when victorious instead of ripping on the mexicans....so quickly without putting into account the real action that happened...
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

oyama31 wrote:

how man times do i have to say i didnt type in caps cuz i was yelling...i already said that is the way i normally type.....but anyway pac-man already denied a third fight...hes to cocky now......so he thinks business is over


I wasn't saying that you were screaming ~ I was telling you that typing in caps GIVES people the impression that you're shouting. So if that really IS your way of typing, then I suggest you stop it, because it will either offend people or annoy them.

As far as his decline is concerned, that was probably a "save-face" statement. I highly doubt the sponsors would let him get away without having to fight Marquez one last time. Don't believe dropped statements, like that, right away.



it was becuase another girl on this was spwaking spanish so i responded in spanish you get it???....


Regardless, you should only speak in ENGLISH in the forums. It's part of the rules. You could have told that other person to refrain from speaking in a foreign language, and you could have continued speaking with them in Spanish through Personal Messages.

Also, please don't double post. I suggest you to read through the forum rules, first, before posting in the forums.
11966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ....metropolis,ks...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

edsamac wrote:


oyama31 wrote:

how man times do i have to say i didnt type in caps cuz i was yelling...i already said that is the way i normally type.....but anyway pac-man already denied a third fight...hes to cocky now......so he thinks business is over


I wasn't saying that you were screaming ~ I was telling you that typing in caps GIVES people the impression that you're shouting. So if that really IS your way of typing, then I suggest you stop it, because it will either offend people or annoy them.

As far as his decline is concerned, that was probably a "save-face" statement. I highly doubt the sponsors would let him get away without having to fight Marquez one last time. Don't believe dropped statements, like that, right away.


yeah well ihope that theres a rematch...it wa soo close...well at least theres humble filipinos..not like the one that is arguing with me in messages...what a racist filipino....:)......
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

oyama31 wrote:

yeah well ihope that theres a rematch...it wa soo close...well at least theres humble filipinos..not like the one that is arguing with me in messages...what a racist filipino....:)......


Please be a little more prudent in your speech. It's possible that they're simply very passionate about their beliefs or their pride as Filipinos, but that doesn't make them racist. I honestly think Pacquiao did a horrible job in the match, and that it would have been better if the match ended in a Draw.

Regardless, it was a consolation to the Philippines that Pacquiao did, in fact, win. If it was because of the 3rd round KO, I don't know... but I'll hand it to Marquez for a splendid performance.
Posted 3/16/08

edsamac wrote:


oyama31 wrote:

yeah well ihope that theres a rematch...it wa soo close...well at least theres humble filipinos..not like the one that is arguing with me in messages...what a racist filipino....:)......


Please be a little more prudent in your speech. It's possible that they're simply very passionate about their beliefs or their pride as Filipinos, but that doesn't make them racist. I honestly think Pacquiao did a horrible job in the match, and that it would have been better if the match ended in a Draw.

Regardless, it was a consolation to the Philippines that Pacquiao did, in fact, win. If it was because of the 3rd round KO, I don't know... but I'll hand it to Marquez for a splendid performance.


Mm.. I believe that Pacquiao was named "The Mexican Killer" bcos he knocked out all of the Mexican icons.

Seriously though?.. Marquez lost, it's done &over. Don't get butt hurt about it, bcos you weren't there to actually watch it & you don't know the rules of the game so I suggest everyone just get over it and move on. It's over & done, it's not like you can change the past anyway.

FYI: That cut on Marquez's eyelid.. They could've ended the fight right there & then and let Pacquiao win due to the big injury on his eyelid; My uncle (who's a Mexican & also doctor) was watching the fight with us and he said that the fight shouldve been stopped due to the fact that the wound would not stop bleeding. So be thankful that they didn't stop the fight.

Anyway, I'm done and let's just say that we should just close this thread cos there will only be trouble here..

And, just to let you know; I'm not hatin' or tryna be rude.. I'm just addressing this to all the people that were butt hurt about the fight and can't get over the fact that they lost. Just move on, there's more to life than this.

Thank you and have a good day(:
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.