First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Pacqiao Vs Marquez: aftermath
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

Shaun_Mimi wrote:

Mm.. I believe that Pacquiao was named "The Mexican Killer" bcos he knocked out all of the Mexican icons.

Seriously though?.. Marquez lost, it's done &over. Don't get butt hurt about it, bcos you weren't there to actually watch it & you don't know the rules of the game so I suggest everyone just get over it and move on. It's over & done, it's not like you can change the past anyway.

FYI: That cut on Marquez's eyelid.. They could've ended the fight right there & then and let Pacquiao win due to the big injury on his eyelid; My uncle (who's a Mexican & also doctor) was watching the fight with us and he said that the fight shouldve been stopped due to the fact that the wound would not stop bleeding. So be thankful that they didn't stop the fight.

Anyway, I'm done and let's just say that we should just close this thread cos there will only be trouble here..

And, just to let you know; I'm not hatin' or tryna be rude.. I'm just addressing this to all the people that were butt hurt about the fight and can't get over the fact that they lost. Just move on, there's more to life than this.

Thank you and have a good day(:


I don't get why you're quoting off me. I'm not "butt hurt" about the entire match... my observations about how the match turned out are just objective. I couldn't care less if Pacqiao were to win or lose ~ all I was saying was that the match was not convincing enough to say that Pacqiao truly won over Marquez. If I were to judge the match, I'd let it end in a draw.

And this is counter intuitive for a Filipino, since you'd think that they'd want Pacqiao to win at all costs. Even though Pacqiao declined a rematch, I still think there should be a re-match, and I'm pretty sure the Mexicans would agree with me that they'd like another match (the sponsors would simply kill for a rematch).

I'm keeping this thread open because people are free to discuss what the feel about the match. I even changed the title so that it fits. Just because it's over, it doesn't mean that we can't discuss it. You say "it's over" like you're throwing in the towel. Really? Is that all there is to boxing? Knowing who wins and who loses? Come on...
7151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / somewhere out the...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
$200 bet........Pacqiao..........anyway i think he won......he's always in the news.......
Posted 3/16/08

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


heshiron wrote:

well guys!!! Place your bets!!! Pacman or Maquez!!???


i don't get it why but people should know that pacman alreayd owns his division. he literally destroyed everyone. what i don't like about pacman is that i think his ego is getting a little bigger now with his politcal stuff and his singing/acting career. also in the last fight when they had the break after a round he was like waving to his fans and his trainer,roach, had to like make him pay attention. but yeah he's still gonna win hands down. his division is already finished. no one can beat him.


pacman was influenced and pushed by the government to run against a certain congresswoman in their area because the congresswoman is a critic to the administration.

he didn't win though.

and i don't think his ego got bigger just because of that. he just think that he can win. that's all. he didn't run for a government position to show off.
1292 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / home
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Wow. Well, my prediction was wrong. Though I heard it was going to be a draw.
1270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / sandiegooooo
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
the fight was pretty intense. haha
yay Pacqiao! ^__^
Posted 3/16/08

edsamac wrote:


Shaun_Mimi wrote:

Mm.. I believe that Pacquiao was named "The Mexican Killer" bcos he knocked out all of the Mexican icons.

Seriously though?.. Marquez lost, it's done &over. Don't get butt hurt about it, bcos you weren't there to actually watch it & you don't know the rules of the game so I suggest everyone just get over it and move on. It's over & done, it's not like you can change the past anyway.

FYI: That cut on Marquez's eyelid.. They could've ended the fight right there & then and let Pacquiao win due to the big injury on his eyelid; My uncle (who's a Mexican & also doctor) was watching the fight with us and he said that the fight shouldve been stopped due to the fact that the wound would not stop bleeding. So be thankful that they didn't stop the fight.

Anyway, I'm done and let's just say that we should just close this thread cos there will only be trouble here..

And, just to let you know; I'm not hatin' or tryna be rude.. I'm just addressing this to all the people that were butt hurt about the fight and can't get over the fact that they lost. Just move on, there's more to life than this.

Thank you and have a good day(:


I don't get why you're quoting off me. I'm not "butt hurt" about the entire match... my observations about how the match turned out are just objective. I couldn't care less if Pacqiao were to win or lose ~ all I was saying was that the match was not convincing enough to say that Pacqiao truly won over Marquez. If I were to judge the match, I'd let it end in a draw.



interesting. so your scorecards resulted to a draw?




it was a close fight indeed. the style of marquez as a counter puncher is really difficult for the style of pacquiao. if pacquiao didn't score a KO during the 3rd round, marquez would have won the match. really close one.

i guess that is why people are still talking about the match.
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Haha wow. I actually saw this match last night but I never expected a topic to be on CR.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

LasagnaSurfer wrote:

interesting. so your scorecards resulted to a draw?




it was a close fight indeed. the style of marquez as a counter puncher is really difficult for the style of pacquiao. if pacquiao didn't score a KO during the 3rd round, marquez would have won the match. really close one.

i guess that is why people are still talking about the match.


Yup. I agree. If it weren't for that 3rd round KO, I think Marquez may have just sealed the match. His counter punch technique was impressive, and Pacqiao had a hard time since he was slow! I don't know if many people realized it, but he entered at 145 lbs... That's pretty heavy, and Pacqiao was markedly sluggish, compared to his last match.

The same can be said for Marquez who was a little slower, but his speed drop wasn't as dramatic as Pacqiao. Even Pacqiao's stamina was questionable.


I'm really not convinced with the turn out, that's all. I'd like to see one more decisive match.
11691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
it was exciting. got me at the edge of my seat.

there would be a round where marquez hella beat pacqiao
then one where Pacquiao dominates.

but in the end Pacquiao pawnss
1678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Pacquiao was not going to lose, and guess what he didn't, end of story. NO IFS OR BUTS. Marquez lost. MOVING ON GARTH! MOVING ON WAYNE. (Wayne's World worked into the sentence: CHECK!)
Posted 3/16/08

edsamac wrote:


Shaun_Mimi wrote:

Mm.. I believe that Pacquiao was named "The Mexican Killer" bcos he knocked out all of the Mexican icons.

Seriously though?.. Marquez lost, it's done &over. Don't get butt hurt about it, bcos you weren't there to actually watch it & you don't know the rules of the game so I suggest everyone just get over it and move on. It's over & done, it's not like you can change the past anyway.

FYI: That cut on Marquez's eyelid.. They could've ended the fight right there & then and let Pacquiao win due to the big injury on his eyelid; My uncle (who's a Mexican & also doctor) was watching the fight with us and he said that the fight shouldve been stopped due to the fact that the wound would not stop bleeding. So be thankful that they didn't stop the fight.

Anyway, I'm done and let's just say that we should just close this thread cos there will only be trouble here..

And, just to let you know; I'm not hatin' or tryna be rude.. I'm just addressing this to all the people that were butt hurt about the fight and can't get over the fact that they lost. Just move on, there's more to life than this.

Thank you and have a good day(:


I don't get why you're quoting off me. I'm not "butt hurt" about the entire match... my observations about how the match turned out are just objective. I couldn't care less if Pacqiao were to win or lose ~ all I was saying was that the match was not convincing enough to say that Pacqiao truly won over Marquez. If I were to judge the match, I'd let it end in a draw.

And this is counter intuitive for a Filipino, since you'd think that they'd want Pacqiao to win at all costs. Even though Pacqiao declined a rematch, I still think there should be a re-match, and I'm pretty sure the Mexicans would agree with me that they'd like another match (the sponsors would simply kill for a rematch).

I'm keeping this thread open because people are free to discuss what the feel about the match. I even changed the title so that it fits. Just because it's over, it doesn't mean that we can't discuss it. You say "it's over" like you're throwing in the towel. Really? Is that all there is to boxing? Knowing who wins and who loses? Come on...



I didn't mean to quote it off of you or anything but anyway..
I'm tired of people getting "butt hurt" about everything, it's THE END. If they want a re-match then okay, goooo for it bcos I believed that Pacquiao didn't do his best & I believe the fight was lacking some agression from Pacman.
2123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F / Cavite
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
well, congrats MANNY PACQUIAO!!!!!...... you deserved to be WIN......
15708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Davao City
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Pacman already won!
... I think.
4338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F / 妙境 «« Changmin's ;;
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
I root for the one that's winning. x|
11966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ....metropolis,ks...
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
in my opinion pac-mans business isnt settled till he knocks out marquez...which he has failed to do....well they are already offering him lots more money!!.....more!!...pac-mans cutman was mexican.....so about marquez bleeding to death..so would pacquiao......

yeah we all know the judges ruled it for pacquiao....therefore he won split decision...yeah a loss is a loss..but this was soo close...and he failed to knock marquez out...the only real mexican icon pacquiao has knocked out was erik morales...hes only fought 5 mexicans..and knocked out the same guy twice morales.......hector velazquez(bum) once....and he beat marco antonio barrera once.but he didnt knock him out...there is no mexican killer....knocking out erik morales doesnt label him mexican killer...
you should see the stuff people are saying on youtube....its worse than this.....:)....laterz
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.