First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
*ATTENTION* JAPAN to ban file sharing.. =c how are we supposed to be updated with animes and good movies of japan?
7025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / bed
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
noooooo~but then again people are creative, if they stop file sharing..for sure..something will be created to feed our needs or go back to normal.. but i hope its not true! i haven't watched L change the world yet!!XD
589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

valdaros wrote:


hoodboilu4 wrote:

It's not that bad, just buy the dvds from japan have them shipped and rip them to the PC and share them, there's bound to still be allot going around.


ok... you can do it for us, right?


I'll get rich and dedicate my life to providing anime for you...

then get caught by the police as they drag me out of my house and execute me while the whole world laughs at the Japanese laws.

So does that mean that in Japan, people cant send pictures over msn anymore ?

They'll be ways, don't worry, it's not like they share them over the internet anyway, really, maybe the raws but the subs are mainly legal dvds that have been ripped. It's like the new episodes are fan subbed. Basicly it means people will have to wait longer for newer episodes I guess.
44424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Japan
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
Well there are other places to get files and things like that. I mean for right now they are targeting mainly Winny but I don't really know how that is going to affect all the file sharing networks. We'll see what happens but that does suck either way.
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
That's a good idea. At least this way the music, anime, movie, and television companies can make more money for their work. I'm sorta glad this happened.
33884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
Ew, that sucks.
I wonder what will happen now...
705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

GuardianOMS wrote:

That's a good idea. At least this way the music, anime, movie, and television companies can make more money for their work. I'm sorta glad this happened.


They are making tons of money already.
12121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / 1st state that se...
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
In some way, I disagree because not everybody can afford to buy their stuffs...but then, let's just all be fair....those who can afford it can but it...then like what hoodboilu4 said, we could rip it and share it...

EDIT: thos kind of sites are still illegal in someway...
1137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
noooooo TT.TT that sucks
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

biscuitboy wrote:


GuardianOMS wrote:

That's a good idea. At least this way the music, anime, movie, and television companies can make more money for their work. I'm sorta glad this happened.


They are making tons of money already.


Yea.... have you heard about all the strikes in these industries because of people downloading and not buying?
1384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/17/08
IMO, that won't be a good idea, if you think about it, they also make money because fans buy DVDs and other stuff from the show they watch. Limiting accessibility through these shows also mean limiting their sales, which is an entirely bad marketing strategy.
Yeah sure, we'll get dubs anyway, but not all anime/shows/whatever get dubbed.
Well, that is only on my opinion. Just wanted to point something out.
705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

GuardianOMS wrote:


biscuitboy wrote:


GuardianOMS wrote:

That's a good idea. At least this way the music, anime, movie, and television companies can make more money for their work. I'm sorta glad this happened.


They are making tons of money already.


Yea.... have you heard about all the strikes in these industries because of people downloading and not buying?


Nope, haven't heard of it. I'm just being a happy free-rider here. Frankly, I will never buy any of these stuff.
Posted 3/17/08
They won't succeed...
Would be one of the most stupid things the government could do...
Besides there are enough ways to get animes out of japan lol ^^
705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

blackordus wrote:

IMO, that won't be a good idea, if you think about it, they also make money because fans buy DVDs and other stuff from the show they watch. Limiting accessibility through these shows also mean limiting their sales, which is an entirely bad marketing strategy.
Yeah sure, we'll get dubs anyway, but not all anime/shows/whatever get dubbed.
Well, that is only on my opinion. Just wanted to point something out.


Unfortunately, the DVDs amass a major portion of their sales, compared to other memorabilia merchandise.
1384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

biscuitboy wrote:


blackordus wrote:

IMO, that won't be a good idea, if you think about it, they also make money because fans buy DVDs and other stuff from the show they watch. Limiting accessibility through these shows also mean limiting their sales, which is an entirely bad marketing strategy.
Yeah sure, we'll get dubs anyway, but not all anime/shows/whatever get dubbed.
Well, that is only on my opinion. Just wanted to point something out.


Unfortunately, the DVDs amass a major portion of their sales, compared to other memorabilia merchandise.


Yeah, that's what I'm pointing too, but people won't buy a DVD(or whatever the customers will buy) without knowing it's content first, right?
705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

blackordus wrote:


biscuitboy wrote:


blackordus wrote:

IMO, that won't be a good idea, if you think about it, they also make money because fans buy DVDs and other stuff from the show they watch. Limiting accessibility through these shows also mean limiting their sales, which is an entirely bad marketing strategy.
Yeah sure, we'll get dubs anyway, but not all anime/shows/whatever get dubbed.
Well, that is only on my opinion. Just wanted to point something out.


Unfortunately, the DVDs amass a major portion of their sales, compared to other memorabilia merchandise.


Yeah, that's what I'm pointing too, but people won't buy a DVD without knowing it's content first, right?


Spot on! Imagine spending so much $$ for a lousy drama...

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.