First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
WOW vs WC3
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

dmitsuki wrote:

WC3, because it actually takes something called skill >_>


spamming hippogryphs = skill?

Posted 6/28/08

riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

WC3, because it actually takes something called skill >_>


spamming hippogryphs = skill?



more then spamming number 3 ^^
2378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
wow is better looking
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/28/08

dmitsuki wrote:


riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

WC3, because it actually takes something called skill >_>


spamming hippogryphs = skill?



more then spamming number 3 ^^


I'd say about the same.

The RTS genre, lost it's strategy a while ago, despite its name.

Posted 6/28/08

riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

WC3, because it actually takes something called skill >_>


spamming hippogryphs = skill?



more then spamming number 3 ^^


I'd say about the same.

The RTS genre, lost it's strategy a while ago, despite its name.



Lol, I won't argue agianst your claim about the RTS genre, seeing as I don't like or play them much at all, but I will tell you that, and this is from experience, MMO's take almost no skill whatsoever, just time, for example a guy who played for a year can never lose to a guy who played for a day, whereas in a game like CS:S, anybody can kill anybody, regardless of time. Then if two people played for about a year, it just comes down to who put more time into getting equips and crap, at no point does it really involve skill, just life consuming playtime.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/28/08 , edited 6/28/08

dmitsuki wrote:


riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

WC3, because it actually takes something called skill >_>


spamming hippogryphs = skill?



more then spamming number 3 ^^


I'd say about the same.

The RTS genre, lost it's strategy a while ago, despite its name.



Lol, I won't argue agianst your claim about the RTS genre, seeing as I don't like or play them much at all, but I will tell you that, and this is from experience, MMO's take almost no skill whatsoever, just time, for example a guy who played for a year can never lose to a guy who played for a day, whereas in a game like CS:S, anybody can kill anybody, regardless of time. Then if two people played for about a year, it just comes down to who put more time into getting equips and crap, at no point does it really involve skill, just life consuming playtime.

I agree with what you say, except theres still quite a bit of skill involved in using your actual abilities and such in WoW, but your right, theres a large time-based component, but then I'd prefer time (and skill) based rewards over just the incentive of thinking your awesome in a little cs community in the long run. Not all mmo's are like that though, guild wars for example, takes a day to get to max level and gear yourself out with the best gear, the rest of it is up to your skill.

Posted 6/28/08

riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


riavan wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

WC3, because it actually takes something called skill >_>


spamming hippogryphs = skill?



more then spamming number 3 ^^


I'd say about the same.

The RTS genre, lost it's strategy a while ago, despite its name.



Lol, I won't argue agianst your claim about the RTS genre, seeing as I don't like or play them much at all, but I will tell you that, and this is from experience, MMO's take almost no skill whatsoever, just time, for example a guy who played for a year can never lose to a guy who played for a day, whereas in a game like CS:S, anybody can kill anybody, regardless of time. Then if two people played for about a year, it just comes down to who put more time into getting equips and crap, at no point does it really involve skill, just life consuming playtime.

I agree with what you say, except theres still quite a bit of skill involved in using your actual abilities and such in WoW, but your right, theres a large time-based component, but then I'd prefer time (and skill) based rewards over just the incentive of thinking your awesome in a little cs community in the long run. Not all mmo's are like that though, guild wars for example, takes a day to get to max level and gear yourself out with the best gear, the rest of it is up to your skill.



I've played quite a few and none were really skill that much to me (wow included), but I actually never did play guild wars, maybe ill give it a try.
3156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/28/08
Warcraft 3 definitely. You actually require a lot of skill to :
1. Manage resources
2. Manage your army
3. Manage your hero
4. Not let your opponent gain EXP
5. Use good strategies to overcome your opponents in any situation

All at once.

842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In your Safe! Ste...
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
Wow!
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
Competition wise, WC3 has more possibilites and challenges the player more... assuming you are playing someone who knows how to play.

I played WoW for quite some time and progressed far in both PvE and PvP content, however, I find the game easy.
16861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / aracdia
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
wow totally
Posted 7/2/08
i think warcraft 3 is par to WOW

because of the mod maps. . .

DotA anyone?
673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / "...just outside...
Offline
Posted 7/2/08
wow > wc3 when the servers are up
wc3 > wow during maintenance
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/3/08
WC3 is awesome...I really dont like WoW that much
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.