Remove this ad
First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
Favorite Quotes
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
"No guts, No Glory. No Pain, No Gain. No ID, No Entry. No Money, No Honey" - I heard a prostitute say this ^.^

"Take your time but dont take mine"- My own original quote! I got into a few troubles because of it ^.^

"Every drop of sweat in training is one less drop of blood in combat"- some guy in the game "Tales of Legendia"

"When the rich wage war, its the poor who dies"- a verse in the Linkin Park song "With Hands Held High"

"In peace Sons bury their Fathers, In war Fathers bury their Sons"- Call of Duty 3
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
Can I post the ones I just read from a quotes collection book? And there's no name written on who said the particular quote..

-Laughter is the brush that sweeps the cobwebs of the heart
-The best antique is an old friend.. ^_^
-Past is experience.. Present is experiment.. Future is expectation.. So use your experience in your experiment to meet your expectation! (That's from my brother! Hurray!)
-Friendship is like the hand and the eyes.. Hehe, why you say? If the hand gets hurt, the eyes cry, when the eyes cry, the hands wipe away the tears..=) (Oh, very sweet.. That's from my cousin! Hurray again!!)

I know there are more but I forgot them all!!
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

bujujutko wrote:

"No guts, No Glory. No Pain, No Gain. No ID, No Entry. No Money, No Honey" - I heard a prostitute say this ^.^

"Take your time but dont take mine"- My own original quote! I got into a few troubles because of it ^.^

"Every drop of sweat in training is one less drop of blood in combat"- some guy in the game "Tales of Legendia"

"When the rich wage war, its the poor who dies"- a verse in the Linkin Park song "With Hands Held High"

"In peace Sons bury their Fathers, In war Fathers bury their Sons"- Call of Duty 3


No money no honey? That's wrong.. Money can't buy everything..
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

eiji_kikumaru2 wrote:


bujujutko wrote:

"No guts, No Glory. No Pain, No Gain. No ID, No Entry. No Money, No Honey" - I heard a prostitute say this ^.^

"Take your time but dont take mine"- My own original quote! I got into a few troubles because of it ^.^

"Every drop of sweat in training is one less drop of blood in combat"- some guy in the game "Tales of Legendia"

"When the rich wage war, its the poor who dies"- a verse in the Linkin Park song "With Hands Held High"

"In peace Sons bury their Fathers, In war Fathers bury their Sons"- Call of Duty 3


No money no honey? That's wrong.. Money can't buy everything..


I see you didnt understand why i heard it from a PROSTITUTE. That means that no money means no special service from the PROSTITUTE!
854 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
Something that is worth doing is worth doing well.

What's done is finish-Ajahn Brahm
Posted 12/29/07
"laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone"

ella wheeler wilcox

& very well placed in "OldBoy"
1365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Beyond
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
Pain is Weakness Leaving Your Body - Nietzsche
5862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / the best city in...
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
the love is patient quote
1717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

mauz15 wrote:

^^ So you made a judgement of something you did not read? mkay moving on.



To endure uncertainty is difficult, but so are most of the other virtues. For the learning of every virtue there is an appropriate discipline, and for the learning of suspended judgment the best discipline is philosophy.



In that daily effort in which intelligence mingle and delight each other, the absurd man discovers a discipline that will make up the greatest of his strengths. The required diligence and doggedness and lucidity thus resemble the conqueror's attitude. To create is likewise to give a shape to one's fate. For all these characters, their work defines them at least as much as it is defined by them. The actor taught us this: There is no frontier between being and appearing.
~ Camus - The Myth of Sisyphus


and do you believe everything you read?? (meaning, of course I read them, sarcasm is lost in the translation in a simplicity I suppose) I bet you're the type who looks up intelligent-sounding (meaning wordy) quotes because you've yet to create one of your own. I suppose there will always be sheep as there will always be the shepherd, current society requires both so that one may take advantage of the other. Tell me, have you believed in UFOs? Just my 2 cents.
Posted 12/29/07

apeazy wrote:


mauz15 wrote:

^^ So you made a judgement of something you did not read? mkay moving on.



To endure uncertainty is difficult, but so are most of the other virtues. For the learning of every virtue there is an appropriate discipline, and for the learning of suspended judgment the best discipline is philosophy.



In that daily effort in which intelligence mingle and delight each other, the absurd man discovers a discipline that will make up the greatest of his strengths. The required diligence and doggedness and lucidity thus resemble the conqueror's attitude. To create is likewise to give a shape to one's fate. For all these characters, their work defines them at least as much as it is defined by them. The actor taught us this: There is no frontier between being and appearing.
~ Camus - The Myth of Sisyphus


and do you believe everything you read?? (meaning, of course I read them, sarcasm is lost in the translation in a simplicity I suppose) I bet you're the type who looks up intelligent-sounding (meaning wordy) quotes because you've yet to create one of your own. I suppose there will always be sheep as there will always be the shepherd, current society requires both so that one may take advantage of the other. Tell me, have you believed in UFOs? Just my 2 cents.

Who's the fool? the one who learn things of other people see if it fits his life and then take it as the truth or the one who always has to get his legs wet trying out everything for the sake of experience it oneself. Great quotes isn't something you strive to create, great quotes is when other people find something you say amusing. So great quotes is things you can learn from, I see no bad in finding quotes, if you think that you have to come up to them by yourself you're going to miss a lot of wisdom..
2498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Michigan.
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.


i don't know who said that though.
8/
Posted 12/29/07
"Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful? Or do we have to believe that it lives fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
952 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
From Alien (movie): In space, no one can hear you scream.
1836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
"what we do in life echoes in eternity." Maximus from Gladiator
46549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

apeazy wrote:

and do you believe everything you read?? (meaning, of course I read them, sarcasm is lost in the translation in a simplicity I suppose) I bet you're the type who looks up intelligent-sounding (meaning wordy) quotes because you've yet to create one of your own. I suppose there will always be sheep as there will always be the shepherd, current society requires both so that one may take advantage of the other. Tell me, have you believed in UFOs? Just my 2 cents.


Hmm bravo! judgment of character based on a post simply addressing the subject at hand. That's such a smart thing to do, please continue to amuse. By the way I have yet to see you post any quotes here. The fact you state the rather unsound judgment that I am not of a skeptical mind after I quote Siddhartha Gautama and Nietzsche is laughable at best.

(Read the thread title, does it strictly encases only quotes of your own? Don't think so.)

First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.