First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
First step toward immortality?...
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
cloning = first step toward immortality?!... I think so... but why do people think cloning is bad?...and some countries even ban it...
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Well, what would happen if there were 2 Osama Bin Laddin?
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Well, what would happen if there were 2 Osama Bin Laddin?


umm whos osama bin laddin??... and umm let me ask... what would happen if we immortalize all the geniuses?... wont that help our society alot?!...
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

o0James0o wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Well, what would happen if there were 2 Osama Bin Laddin?


umm whos osama bin laddin??... and umm let me ask... what would happen if we immortalize all the geniuses?... wont that help our society alot?!...


You don't know who Osama is?? lol ......... go read the news

Well when people start immortalizing geniuses, terrorist would try to claim such technology as well and so, will cause a huge problem UN.... that's why its banned..... for the safety of the people
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Well, what would happen if there were 2 Osama Bin Laddin?


umm whos osama bin laddin??... and umm let me ask... what would happen if we immortalize all the geniuses?... wont that help our society alot?!...


You don't know who Osama is?? lol ......... go read the news

Well when people start immortalizing geniuses, terrorist would try to claim such technology as well and so, will cause a huge problem UN.... that's why its banned..... for the safety of the people


terrorist?... i though they call themselves freedom fighters.... and umm i dont read news :D.... 2 much of a pain if its not interestin... and UN.... what do they do?... they do nothing when USA went to fight with iraq because bush want the oil....
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

o0James0o wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:


o0James0o wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Well, what would happen if there were 2 Osama Bin Laddin?


umm whos osama bin laddin??... and umm let me ask... what would happen if we immortalize all the geniuses?... wont that help our society alot?!...


You don't know who Osama is?? lol ......... go read the news

Well when people start immortalizing geniuses, terrorist would try to claim such technology as well and so, will cause a huge problem for UN.... that's why its banned..... for the safety of the people


terrorist?... i though they call themselves freedom fighters.... and umm i dont read news :D.... 2 much of a pain if its not interestin... and UN.... what do they do?... they do nothing when USA went to fight with iraq because bush want the oil....


Terrorist are not freedom fighters, trust me......... you seriously don't know who Osama is? lol where were you in 2001? If you don't read the news, how would you know what the UN did?or Bush did?
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Terrorist are not freedom fighters, trust me......... you seriously don't know who Osama is? lol where were you in 2001? If you don't read the news, how would you know what the UN did?or Bush did?


knowledge through the wikipedia? :O... and in 2001 i was stillonly in 4th grade?... 0.o... i know that airplanes crashed and then some other stuff :P... but iono who that dude is.... and umm... from what my world studies teacher told me... british called George Washington a terrorist... but americans consider him a hero... and he calls himself a freedom fighter... 0.o... very true.... it depends on which side you are on... if your for it... ull call urself a freedom fighter.... if against... then call them terriost...


xUnmeiNoDeaix wrote:

You're not serious, are you?

I find cloning kinda strange

i am serious... and cloning..... isnt that a nice thing?... i mean... i want to clone myself :D...


o btw... from what ive learned... all your cells are clones... besides your sperm/egg cells...
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
ROFLMAO........... I can't stop laughing
1419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / A series of tubes
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Holy fucking balls let the lulz commence! *ahem* you were saying something about Osama being the shit or something?
4707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Cloning.... I live in Philippines and the Church dun like the idea of cloning because for us we.. are all created by God and we are all unique.. that no none could possibly recopy the creation of God... and i agree... because.... yes, you have your clone but that is not "you" when you die the people around you is the one who can feek "ur presence" BUT as i said i'm a Christian so.... BUT your soul and spirit cannot be cloned... and besides i think cloning ar the clone itself did not expiriemced the changes and development normal people did... so i guess it's still different...
1530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / windsor, ontario,...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
if u want to be immortal then die haha then no one could kill u
13326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Terra
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

nadeobakaire wrote:

Cloning.... I live in Philippines and the Church dun like the idea of cloning because for us we.. are all created by God and we are all unique.. that no none could possibly recopy the creation of God... and i agree... because.... yes, you have your clone but that is not "you" when you die the people around you is the one who can feek "ur presence" BUT as i said i'm a Christian so.... BUT your soul and spirit cannot be cloned... and besides i think cloning ar the clone itself did not expiriemced the changes and development normal people did... so i guess it's still different...


from what i know the christians said that god created earth or something in 6 days and rested on the 7... and that all animals are like the way they are now... if thats true?... where did the dinosaures and other early animals came from?...

I believe in the theory of evolution not god.... (unless i see him.... i wont believe him)
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Memphis, with...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Immortality.

The quality or state of being immortal; exemption from death and annihilation; unending existance; as, the immortality of the soul.


As a general definition of the word. Cloning would be by no means a step toward immortality. Probably a fantasizing-romantic idea of immortality, but not in reality.

The clone would indeed look like the person in question, but never he/she is going to inherit the knowledge nor the experiences of the root being. As for the soul, based on religious points of view, a person will never share a soul.
1328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Closing in
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Numberedjames: nope. Christian sceintist apparently belive that changes happen faster than evolutionaries, and that changes in species can be explained otherwise., like they are not as huge as claimed. I suppose there are different lines of reasoning, but what the real question is, is about how old the planet is. Personally I can not be bothered to think about the thoery of evolution. As long as it stays a theory there are too many facts to digest to bother. Besides I do not know enough about the technical stuff to have a valid opinion.

Hayatell: why not share a soul? If, for instance, everything is living and has soul, maybe a clone as well as other humans simply gets a piece of earth's spirit, which is the soul. Or how about plato's ideal world, maybe they do share a soul, because the real soul is not connected to the body, but lives in another more real world. There isn no religious hindrance unless we are to talk about some specific religions.

nade: actually you are not only a Christian, but 1 eith some specific points of view. I am not saying you are wrong, but do scriptures themselves say much about souls and their nature? The only references I know is about people going to heaven or hell (I'd like to visit sometime, but Israel is such a mess), not about souls per se.

As for the whole freedom fighter/terrorist- debate, it is not as easy as that. Some terrorists may be called freedom fighters, but not all. Some are for instance revolutionaries. They don't want freedom, butchange of government. Yes it is semantic labelling, but I don't think Osama is fighting for freedom. I suppose a kind but could be considered objective wording would be something like "religious movement leader".
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/17/08

o0James0o wrote:

cloning = first step toward immortality?!... I think so... but why do people think cloning is bad?...and some countries even ban it...


No because genes are only one thing that make you who you are, what of your experience? And let's not forget the uncertainty principle (although I'm not sure if that is relevant). Your clone would not be you.

And if you could live forever would you want too? Eventually there'd be no new experiences and no new people could be born if no one dies.

...In other words.

Theres no time for us
Theres no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us?

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever....?

Theres no chance for us
Its all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever?
When love must die

But touch my tears with your lips
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever
And we can love forever
Forever is our today
Who wants to live forever
Who wants to live forever?
Forever is our today

Who waits forever anyway?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.