First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Why do u think its called "Anime"?
40811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / North Miami Beach...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

chaoswhiz wrote:


zeno503 wrote:

dude its short for animation. DUH! how could u not realize this. x3



err..thats why ..i wrote it in advance.."i know the answer.lol"....


sorry didnt notice it. =]
875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
When typed phonetically, animation is this: Ah-nee-may-shun.

Ah-nee-may.

Anime.


1174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Anime is an japanese word which means animation and is used to describe anything which is animated, it can be anything from Toy-story to Naruto, anyhing which is animated no mather from which part of the world it comes from.
8131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Anime is derived from the word Animation. It's used by the Japanese to denote all animation.

However, the American, and other western usages of the word, origin is unknown. There is speculation that it is derived from a French term, but nothing has been proven.


Spearoz wrote:

Actually Animation Uses Computers Not Drawings n stuff.. Like those one pixar film things.. Those are animation... Because they "animated" it... Just my opinoin tho.. lol


Actually, you are wrong. The earliest form of animations, as we know it, used things called Cels which where basically drawings that were copied off of one another that had slight differences. This is called Traditional, or Cel, animation. It is completely hand drawn.
37676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / College. Too busy...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
who knows! well, nobody knows, xcept fort the person who create the word "anime".
4598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Cuz it cool?
206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / sg
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
its comes from the word animantion
2750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / behind you~
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

OdangoPrincess wrote:

Anime is derived from the word Animation. It's used by the Japanese to denote all animation.

However, the American, and other western usages of the word, origin is unknown. There is speculation that it is derived from a French term, but nothing has been proven.


Spearoz wrote:

Actually Animation Uses Computers Not Drawings n stuff.. Like those one pixar film things.. Those are animation... Because they "animated" it... Just my opinoin tho.. lol


Actually, you are wrong. The earliest form of animations, as we know it, used things called Cels which where basically drawings that were copied off of one another that had slight differences. This is called Traditional, or Cel, animation. It is completely hand drawn.



wow...what i only knew that ..anime is derived from animation.. hehe,,i didnt know that there's a lot of meaning there..haha..nwei. i learnd a lot..lol. keep posting..
191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
maybe.....

animation is long word so y not make it a short "anima"

and maybe because of pronounciation between japanese and english

or because of combination of japanese and english accent, it might have been turned to "anime"

and i think that anime is much better and cooler than anima
332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Frankfurt am Main
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

ShakuShogan wrote:

Anime = Animation


thats right

its like many others not a japanese word. just like SEKUHARA which is short for sexual harrasament.
1656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sweden/Piteå
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
i think anime comes from the word animation,
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

animoo_x wrote:

It's just an abbreviation of the word "animation". It doesn't have any other meaning and then since the word was adopted the word "anime" then became associated with Japanese animation.

Use Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime


in wikipedia we trust
5914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / with Usagi
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
It used to be called Japanimation. The word Anime is Short for Animation
5391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Because it sounds like animation?
14184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
anime
anima(tion)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.