First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Is Discipline disappearing?
14072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/30/07

TollBooth wrote:

^

Such is life
Yes, and pointing out flaws isn't going to change people's minds or the way they live their lives.



Yup yup, true..coz they dont listen to wat other people's opinions anymore.. well some.
1685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 8/30/07
I tell you one thing...i dont never see no black kids talkin back to there parents...me included (im black btw)
7432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / in your soul
Offline
Posted 8/30/07

fenderhawk wrote:

Can you spell disappearing?

Stupid emos, goths, whores, sluts, tramps, jocks, etc.
Yeah, but so are morals.


Hey not all goths and emo's are like that! I know some really nice ones who jsut happen to be sad and like the color black a little more than others.

Although I must agree, discipline is disappearing. People abuse the freedoms they're given a lot. I'm trying not, to, but I htink I'm becomign rowdier too.
Posted 8/30/07

King-Ty wrote:

I tell you one thing...i dont never see no black kids talkin back to there parents...me included (im black btw)


yah.. i cant tell by the way you talk.. and when i was in 8th grade, my classmate got in trouble, and his mom came and started talking shit to him infront of everyone >_> and started making the kid cry :O
Posted 8/30/07

TollBooth wrote:

On a side note, I didn't mean to come off as angry or in any way aimed to debunk/belittle your opinion, but it is easily misinterpreted and some of the points trying to made, cannot exactly be made.
But I commend you and your opinion.

who the hell are u talking to ._. if u meant me, then i just meant thats probably why the dude doesnt talk back to their parents
9631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 8/30/07

But the adults are babying kids more and more.


Yeah, my aunt is doing that to my little cousin, I swear....I just want to punch that bitch in the face. When she deserves to be beaten for something, she always says "Awww....Don't hit her, she's just a baby". She is in fucking kindergarden now, and my aunt gives her everything she wants. She's gonna end of going through life thinking that everything is gonna go her way >_>
828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/30/07
yeah....you are right...specially in my place....many violate rules and regulations nowadays...
Posted 8/30/07

Dendetsu wrote:


But the adults are babying kids more and more.


Yeah, my aunt is doing that to my little cousin, I swear....I just want to punch that bitch in the face. When she deserves to be beaten for something, she always says "Awww....Don't hit her, she's just a baby". She is in fucking kindergarden now, and my aunt gives her everything she wants. She's gonna end of going through life thinking that everything is gonna go her way >_>


jealoussssy muuuuuuuch? lol haha take uh chill pill homie.. kindergarten isnt that bad, i can understand 3grade +and yah, id probably be annoyed to
1587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/30/07
have any of you people visited juvenile hall?? theres like the same amount of kids in there than there are in regular prison and i kinda live near one and i saw like 5 trucks delivering 18 year olds to a prison
Posted 8/31/07
discipline is disappearing. its called new age parenting where kids arent punished at all but instead treated as a friend to there parents. it will ruin the world.
1787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / California
Offline
Posted 8/31/07
totally; parents are too busy to discipline them or they just want their kids to like them. also b/c of stricter laws too. i'm glad my mom spanked the crap out of me when i was little. i think i'd be a total ass if i wasn't brought up that way.
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 8/31/07
I think parents are shit. Most kids I believe were beat when childs (refering to those in Juevie), seriously those fuckers toughened up due to the beatings and decided they'll just be tough and kick other people's asses, and just ignore the rules. I mean if you beat/hit a child an excessive amount of times, the child will eventually toughen up, and hitting them will do shit to them. You can't just fucking hit them and hit them and tell them it's wrong. Without explaining why, because they'll just think you're a dumb ass. Which if you beat your child I'll have to say you are, most likely.

It's not just about hitting them and pissing them off, and making them "scared" of you.
Being a complete ass hole isn't a way to teach a child, and in most cases don't teach a child. They'll probably think they're raised well, but most likely aren't. I mean it's not just being the bad parent going "T.T I hate you son... No gamecube for 5 weeks, got that!?!?!?" and the kid going "whatever". Hell I'm no saying you shouldn't hit a child, I'm just saying you shouldn't do it all the time. And of course explain why what they did was wrong. Discipline is in my opinion, is partly going away because of the fact most parents today are shit, including the ones that hit their child.
Posted 8/31/07

abel89 wrote:
Another example, 90 out of every 100 Anericans own a gun, at first I was very proud of this number, but it soon dawned on me, that means 90% of us are too lazy to learn how to kill with our own hande, or even knives, I wouldn't let my son near a gun until has an expert at both


You really expect people to know how to kill with their own hands? Okay... that takes it a little too far. Plus, my dad owns a gun. No, not for protection, for marksmanship.


Do you think discipline is disappearing?


Yea, actually. I work in a family daycare and here about the things that they might not let us do anymore in the future, and most dacycare centers don't allow. Such as putting kids in time outs. There's nothing abusive about sending a kid in time out for five minutes for doing something wrong such as biting, or hitting. Kids who have time outs from an early age and on for bad stuff that they do end up more behaved. Another thing is not being allowed to tell the kids "Don't do this!" and instead having us say, "Let's do this instead." Kids need to know what they shouldn't do. If you see them trying to escape from the house you don't say, "Let's play with these dolls instead." They need to know they shouldn't escape from the house. However! I don't think any of this has to do with more laziness and carelessness. I don't see your point on that.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 8/31/07
I couldn't be bothered to read through more than half the thread, but as always Abel, your first post is written from the narrow perspective of a rejected little baby. How about thinking of discipline as something that is only worth a damn as long as you chose to have it for a valid reason and not a mysterious virtue.

Discipline taught through school or by abusive parents can't really mean anything, because the objectives are not the ones of an individual. Fatness is not a crime, moral dependence such as yours is much closer to being a crime. You never learn how to see things from a non ridiculed-albino-wants-to get-revenge-view. You're always morally lame and imbecile like that. From my point of view, only the discipline you taught yourself, because you found it a necessity counts. You think holding a gun as long as you don't know how to kill with bare hands is lazy? What's lazier than killing, because you don't know how to settle a conflict by other (more subtle) means?

Oh and btw, discipline hasn't disappeared recently, that term isn't appropriate here. if you're talking about manners, they might have become less important with the changes in education.
15521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/31/07
yea it is. dis generation of kids r gettin bad n stuff.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.