First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Is it fair that CR supporters are being brushed off?
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Thank You Shinji for the gift of High Quality Video for everyone!

But seriously what about the supporters is it fair that we get shunned after paying for HQ videos its given away for free...........Is that right........Yes my donation was made to better CR but it was also made for HQ videos and not just for the star and badge!
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Well I think it's fair. People who pay are nice and all, but the site is free for a reason. You guys will probably will get some future incentive.
Posted 3/16/08
Well "fair" isn't the right term.

You donated to support the site on your on free will. The badge and the star is to show others that you support crunchyroll.com.

The High-Quality videos were a bonus or a (Free Gift) for showing your support. In other words you weren't paying for the High-Quality videos like a subscription, you were simply donating to the site.

Just like Lamak said above, in the future Shinji might give supporters something else in exchange for support.

Posted 3/16/08
Hell, I just like the star next to my user name.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

Lamak wrote:

Well I think it's fair. People who pay are nice and all, but the site is free for a reason. You guys will probably will get some future incentive.


Yes but if you paid your money wouldn't you want more incentives then a star and a badge and wouldn't you want to keep HQ vids if you paid for it?
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
no i don't think we're being brushed it costs alot to run this site which is why we have ads!! plus shinji deserves the donations after the time and money he puts into it!! So I definatly support him
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


Lamak wrote:

Well I think it's fair. People who pay are nice and all, but the site is free for a reason. You guys will probably will get some future incentive.


Yes but if you paid your money wouldn't you want more incentives then a star and a badge and wouldn't you want to keep HQ vids if you paid for it?


Argghh, You didn't pay for the High-Quality videos. You DONATED!!!
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

unmatched wrote:

Well "fair" isn't the right term.

You donated to support the site on your on free will. The badge and the star is to show others that you support crunchyroll.com.

The High-Quality videos were a bonus or a (Free Gift) for showing your support. In other words you weren't paying for the High-Quality videos like a subscription, you were simply donating to the site.

Just like Lamak said above, in the future Shinji might give supporters something else in exchange for support.



Well if we were "donating" why not give us just the star and badge?
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:

Thank You Shinji for the gift of High Quality Video for everyone!

But seriously what about the supporters is it fair that we get shunned after paying for HQ videos its given away for free...........Is that right........Yes my donation was made to better CR but it was also made for HQ videos and not just for the star and badge!


Do you think its fair that someone offers a free service to people, and only hopes that people might have the motivation to donate? Life's not fair, it costs a lot of money to run and maintain a site like this, and you are still getting high quality video, so why does it matter?
2653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
i think it's really great of shinji to not act so greedy and let everyone have HQ :D

but... i think he needs to come up with another incentive to donate because not everybody is nice enough to donate out of the kindness of their heart >.<
8612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Yeah donations are give aways. You shouldn't expect anything in return and you sure as hell shouldn't be complaining about it.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

memphit wrote:


raja613 wrote:

Thank You Shinji for the gift of High Quality Video for everyone!

But seriously what about the supporters is it fair that we get shunned after paying for HQ videos its given away for free...........Is that right........Yes my donation was made to better CR but it was also made for HQ videos and not just for the star and badge!


Do you think its fair that someone offers a free service to people, and only hopes that people might have the motivation to donate? Life's not fair, it costs a lot of money to run and maintain a site like this, and you are still getting high quality video, so why does it matter?


Of course you wouldn't understand since you didn't give your money to the site! It was an assumption that we just donated out of the kindness of our hearts I just simply think its not fair on principle.
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Box
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Well they didn't make you pay for whatever you got. You offered to give money, and that stuff they gave you was basically a thanks. So yeah, you can't complain if you were being generous.
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


unmatched wrote:

Well "fair" isn't the right term.

You donated to support the site on your on free will. The badge and the star is to show others that you support crunchyroll.com.

The High-Quality videos were a bonus or a (Free Gift) for showing your support. In other words you weren't paying for the High-Quality videos like a subscription, you were simply donating to the site.

Just like Lamak said above, in the future Shinji might give supporters something else in exchange for support.



Well if we were "donating" why not give us just the star and badge?


Because, back in the early days of this site, Shinji payed for everthing himself. So he needed support from the members of this site. To convince more people to donate he threw in the High-Quality videos as bonus. This helped the site a lot.

It's all about the marketing.

Now that Crunchyroll.com has sponsers it doesn't need that much help from supporters anymore. So in order to satisfied the community, High-Quality videos are now free, thus pushing crunchyroll.com in front of other Anime streaming sites. Thanks to this people from Youtube.com will start coming to this site instead, because of the High-Quality videos.
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


memphit wrote:


raja613 wrote:

Thank You Shinji for the gift of High Quality Video for everyone!

But seriously what about the supporters is it fair that we get shunned after paying for HQ videos its given away for free...........Is that right........Yes my donation was made to better CR but it was also made for HQ videos and not just for the star and badge!


Do you think its fair that someone offers a free service to people, and only hopes that people might have the motivation to donate? Life's not fair, it costs a lot of money to run and maintain a site like this, and you are still getting high quality video, so why does it matter?


Of course you wouldn't understand since you didn't give your money to the site! It was an assumption that we just donated out of the kindness of our hearts I just simply think its not fair on principle.


do·nate:
v.tr.
To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute.

Which principle does it violate? Greed?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.