First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Is it fair that CR supporters are being brushed off?
5261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
I think Shinji will add some new features and benefits for the supporters... just wait.. you'll see
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


sillysia63377 wrote:

Don't be greedy. Shinji was being nice. Think about it: either way you have it, so why be pissed that others do? Sure, a bit of money was wasted, but whatever. That's life.


Thats like saying I like to throw money out the window just for the hell of it! No one does that!


You just don't get it, do ya?

Here's a real-life example: If you donate food,clothes,shoes, ect. to a homeless person, should you expect something in return? No, a "Thank You" should be more than enough and that's exactly what Shinji said to you when you donated.


I was a Start Supporter for a long time when the site was first made. The reason I stoped supporting was because I didn't have time to watch Anime anymore. But, even now I don't support simply because I personally believe that Crunchyroll.com doesn't need my 5$ anymore. With the ads soon returning and the sponsorship's right around the corner, Crunchyroll.com will not need donations anymore. It'll most likely start offering subscriptions that offer downloads, (Some) licensed anime, and other things.
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

raja613 wrote:


memphit wrote:


raja613 wrote:


sillysia63377 wrote:

Don't be greedy. Shinji was being nice. Think about it: either way you have it, so why be pissed that others do? Sure, a bit of money was wasted, but whatever. That's life.


Thats like saying I like to throw money out the window just for the hell of it! No one does that!


Its called contributing to the greater good, although, all the members who didn't pay but use the high quality vid service should be thankful to you, since your donation probably helped in part, bring about free high quality vids for everyone.


I can appreciate that...........but it just disheartining.....to me it wasn't a donation......


Next time, if you want better return on investment, you should try the stock market
Posted 3/16/08
yep "fair" and "square"
Posted 3/16/08
I've donated for a while, and I did do it for the HQ vids. However, I'll still donate, even if no further incentive is given by Shinji. Although, I'm not opposed to it.
Posted 3/16/08
Look here's the new updated quote from the Support page.



Hihi guys, as you all know, crunchyroll has always been supported by generous donaters who believe in crunchyroll's cause. With your tremendous help, CR has grown to what it is today! I would never have been able to support the expensive bandwidth bills without you guys, so MANY thanks! =D

Good news though -- Recently I found out ways to lower my bandwidth bills (it involves using P2P technology ;P) so i won't need donations anymore! And even BETTER, EVERYONE can now watch high quality videos now!

But there are plenty others who really need the support! From now on, ALL donation proceeds will go to whoever you want~! Just pick from the dropdown menu below...and 100% of your donation will be given to whoever you feel needs the most help =)

To the existing star supporters looking to donate again, please note that there's no longer a need to do it for high quality videos -- it's available to everyone for free using P2P technology! Until your star expires, you can view high quality without using P2P, but after it expires, you'll be asked to download a P2P player.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

unmatched wrote:


raja613 wrote:


sillysia63377 wrote:

Don't be greedy. Shinji was being nice. Think about it: either way you have it, so why be pissed that others do? Sure, a bit of money was wasted, but whatever. That's life.


Thats like saying I like to throw money out the window just for the hell of it! No one does that!


You just don't get it, do ya?

Here's a real-life example: If you donate food,clothes,shoes, ect. to a homeless person, should you expect something in return? No, a "Thank You" should be more than enough and that's exactly what Shinji said to you when you donated.


I was a Start Supporter for a long time when the site was first made. The reason I stoped supporting was because I didn't have time to watch Anime anymore. But, even now I don't support simply because I personally believe that Crunchyroll.com doesn't need my 5$ anymore. With the ads soon returning and the sponsorship's right around the corner, Crunchyroll.com will not need donations anymore. It'll most likely start offering subscriptions that offer downloads, (Some) licensed anime, and other things.


Your point is well taken but:

Its not the fact that.......i don't have to donate again......I didn't mind donating what people fail to realize, is that for one.........most star supporters feel cheated out this ordeal!

1. Yes we donated, And let me be clear to tell you what a donation is:

A donation is a gift given, typically to a cause or/and for charitable purposes. A donation may take various forms, including cash, services, new or used goods.
Sales are the activities involved in selling products or services in return for money or other compensation.

Personally as a star supporter for 6 months, I didn't donate to just keep the site running, I donated because Low Quality videos had shitty sound and the video quality alone was horrible! For this reason, I said this would be a great investment into CR......I am going to be on here all the time.......watching anime and whatnot why not pay and get HQ........I'm sure any supporter didn't pay for a freaking star by their name or a dumb a** badge! We paid for HQ videos..........and the bandwidth.....since it was said that bandwidth was soooo expensive as a star supporter we paid for this HQ bandwidth.

But now since its available to others we get whats left which is a star and a badge!

IF I WERE DONATING TO CR I WOULDN'T EXPECT ANYTHING.....NOTHING NOT A BADGE, A STAR, NOTHING....I WOULD EVEN CLAIM THIS DONATION ON MY TAXES AS A CHARITABLE CAUSE.......BUT I DID PAY BECAUSE I WANTED TO STOP WATCHING CRAPPY LOOKING AND SOUNDING VIDEOS! I CAN SAY THAT WE WERE SOLD HQ VIDEOS! WE PAID OUR MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR A SERVICE WHICH IS NOW BEING GIVEN OUT FOR FREE!!!!!

IS THIS REALLY FAIR???????
WE SUPPORT CR AND NOW, WE GET NOTHING IN RETURN!
IS THAT REALLY RIGHT?????????
I STILL HAVE DAYS LEFT ON MY ACCOUNT DON'T YOU THINK I SHOULD GET COMPENSATED??????

(BTW this post was written a few hours ago when I was mad....but it still holds validity!!!!!!!)[/b]
508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada/Mississaug...
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
A donation is to thx the good will of the person for his/her contribution which demand nothin in return. Everyone should share the same benefit, and the ppl, have the money and want to donate to shinji to support the site.
1786 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Important parts

Good news though -- Recently I found out ways to lower my bandwidth bills (it involves using P2P technology ;P) so i won't need donations anymore! And even BETTER, EVERYONE can now watch high quality videos now

To the existing star supporters looking to donate again, please note that there's no longer a need to do it for high quality videos -- it's available to everyone for free using P2P technology! Until your star expires, you can view high quality without using P2P, but after it expires, you'll be asked to download a P2P player
Posted 3/16/08
This will most likely be my last post on this thread.

So basically you wan't your money back for the days you still have left.

- Let's do the math.

31 Days in the month of March.
$5.00 USD for one month of support.

$5.00/31= around 16 cents per day.

16 cents (x) 13 days (left) = about $2.03 USD.

If you really wan't the 2$ that badly i'll gladly send you a check for $2.08

You got a "MANY Thanks", a kick-but star next to your name, an awsomeness badge, and a warm fuzzy feeling inside for donating to a good cause. If that's not enough, I can't help you.

fin.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

DarkMasterM wrote:

Important parts

Good news though -- Recently I found out ways to lower my bandwidth bills (it involves using P2P technology ;P) so i won't need donations anymore! And even BETTER, EVERYONE can now watch high quality videos now

To the existing star supporters looking to donate again, please note that there's no longer a need to do it for high quality videos -- it's available to everyone for free using P2P technology! Until your star expires, you can view high quality without using P2P, but after it expires, you'll be asked to download a P2P player


Your point exactly besides coying and pasting????
3769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
Donations aren't like normal sale transactions. You give your money on basis of goodwill. From this, the organization shows its thanks by giving you "gifts" in return if they see fit. You aren't legally or morally entitled to anything. Thats like if you donated money to sponsor a child in Africa, and then the child writes you letters every week. The child ends up dying for whatever reason, do you demand your money back because you aren't going to get a letter that month? Not gunna happen. Even if you want to look at it in the perspective that you did it for the HQ, then you accepted a bribe, which is morally wrong.
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08

unmatched wrote:

This will most likely be my last post on this thread.

So basicly you wan't your money back for the days you still have left.

- Let's do the math.

31 Days in the month of March.
$5.00 USD for one month of support.

$5.00/31= around 16 cents per day.

16 cents (x) 13 days (left) = about $2.03 USD.

If you really wan't the 2$ that badly i'll gladly send you a check for $2.08

fin.


I would prefer 6 dollars to be exact a months worth.........lol! No need to get upset and use sarcasm, I just want someone to do something i just feel this isn't right..........not for me or anyone else.........I'm just simply pointing out the fact that this was handled horribly and to me Shinji indirectly dissed the supporters.....thats all!
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
I'm happy that a few people understand!
As it says in the General Rule thread

10-A : Why should I donate?
There's plenty of reasons. As a Crunchy Supporter you get to watch High-quality and H.264 videos, and you can watch them full screen! You also get a gold star by your name and a badge. You can see a high-quality video demo here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/hqdemo


And now its free!
8992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / CA, US
Offline
Posted 3/16/08
people these days are so sad... seriously... so, this thread is talking about how some users expecting something more by "donating:...
man... if that's ur intetion, then "donating" is not the right word for it... donating is one beautifull word for the act of giving away what u have without expecting any compensation..
what's wrong with u guys? need dictionary?
apparently, some people just want to be different by donating... he/she wants people to look them as one different member (who has star, badge, and an ability to watch HQ vid)... now that HQ vid is free, instead of beeing grateful, he/she make a coimplain about his status as a donator...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.